Top Model Samsara Coming Soon! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Top Model Samsara Coming Soon!

If you've been thinking about getting in the soaring competition game, the new Top Model Samsara might be a great option to dip your toes in on and see how you like it.

Splash

Great Way to Get Started in Competition Soaring

If you've been thinking about getting in the soaring competition game, the new Top Model Samsara might be a great option to dip your toes in on and see how you like it. It's a 3.2M wingspan electric sailplane constructed of composites and balsa wood and covered in premium Ultracote. The control surfaces are all hinged with tape and the model is mostly built and ready for your final assembly and gear installation. The wing is a 3-piece design for easy transportation and the full flying stabilizer is also detachable. This plane looks to be a great match for entry level competition pilots looking for a great flying sailplane. The Samsara is listed as "coming soon" so stay tuned for more info on when this model is available to purchase.

Features:

• Hand sealed quality Ultracote covering
  • Gel-coated white fiberglass fuselage
  • Three piece wing with ailerons and over sized flaps
  • All necessary hardware included
  • Removable full flying stabilizer
  • Multiple color schemes available

Specifications:

• Wingspan: 3.2M (126")
  • Wing Area: 71 sg.dm (1090 sq.in)
  • Wing loading: 28-30 g/sg.dm (9.5-10 oz/sq.ft.)
  • Length: 1.8M (71")
  • Weight: 4.5-4.75 lbs. (2050-2155g)
  • Airfoil: AG mod.

Check out the new Top Model Samsara at Esprit Model

Jul 28, 2017, 09:45 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
In the world of electric competition Sailplanes ,,,this plane is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times
Jul 28, 2017, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
In the world of electric competition Sailplanes ,,,this plane is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times
Unfortunately true, a nice looking plane and maybe the size is right for a beginner, but at over 2kg it is REALLY heavy for it's size. I also predict the rudder/fuselage joint will be a weak spot.....
Jul 28, 2017, 11:23 AM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
For someone who wants a descent quality Sailplane but who is on a budget, this is quite good.

You're in the same price range as the HobbyKing Aether.

The key words are 'entry level' and 'budget'.

In the U.S. there's not much out there in the 300$-400$ range.
Jul 28, 2017, 11:30 AM
RCG Admin
That was my thought as well. It's good plane to get someone started in competition on a budget.
Jul 28, 2017, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
Even so it is ahead of most pilots

Seems to me that most people fixate of the hardware too much and don't spend enough effort on improving the software (not the kind in the radio!)

Steve
Jul 28, 2017, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlescd
For someone who wants a descent quality Sailplane but who is on a budget, this is quite good.

You're in the same price range as the HobbyKing Aether.

The key words are 'entry level' and 'budget'.

In the U.S. there's not much out there in the 300$-400$ range.
Maybe, but a plane with such a high wing loading is hardly the best choice for a beginner......

I do not see a price mentioned in the original post? Maybe you have inside info?
Jul 28, 2017, 12:02 PM
RCG Admin
It's $395.
Jul 28, 2017, 12:29 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
For $400 bucks it looks good,, looks to be decent airfoil.... ya I guess for entry level,, good bang for the buck right??
Jul 28, 2017, 12:35 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu
Even so it is ahead of most pilots

Seems to me that most people fixate of the hardware too much and don't spend enough effort on improving the software (not the kind in the radio!)

Steve
True DAT!! Steve,,,, unfortunately I guess I've become a jaded elitist I'm embarrassed to say :-(
Jul 28, 2017, 01:31 PM
Another mediocre model on the market. Save your $$ and get an Eagle from SUSA, it'll blow the others away.
Jul 28, 2017, 02:26 PM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
You're no where near the same budget. I know what your talking about though.
I own the Euphoria f5j. Once you get into these models -- you're in a different dimension.

At the club where I fly, most guys have a very limited budget. And I mean limited.

For the Sunday flyer who wants more than just a foamy but who will never invest more than 600$ in an airframe -- there's a market.

Samsara,
Aether,
3 meter Gliderman
Fly Fly Geronimo
etc....

Once you learn the basics -- Any Sunday flyer has more than enough sailplane to enjoy themselves -- and that is the point of this Hobby. ENJOYMENT
Jul 28, 2017, 02:36 PM
I think there is value in a model like this. The wing loading isn't crazy and I don't think it would hard to fly.

I looks like it flies better than a RadianXL, sheesh, that thing is terrible.
Jul 28, 2017, 03:13 PM
Coming Soon???? Its been out for a while now.
Build threads:https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...cussion-thread
Jul 28, 2017, 04:09 PM
RCG Admin
It's not been available very long and it's new to Esprit Model