Sep 06, 2017, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Cool, there're already plenty of those around so not hard to find

*edit: just had a look thru the manual, and I have some suggestions:

- some short(er) settings for video timelapse would be nice, like 0.2s and 0.5s; these would be great for 'roadmovies' (1s is already too 'fast' for that).

- "Calib (Calibration)" is an unclear name for distortion removal which would be a simpler and clearer name imo.
For video time-lapse, no problem to add more options like 0.2s.
For photo time-lapse, F1 is the fastest for taking photos as 0.5s options, compared to other A12 cameras.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2017, 10:22 PM
Interesting...happy to see another GitUp model on the horizon. Will be following...
Sep 07, 2017, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
The A12 can support take a photo(not video frame) while recording, but only in 1080P resolution.
Excellent, and in 4K resolution the full resolution photos are the same resolution as the video anyway.
Sep 07, 2017, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
Excellent, and in 4K resolution the full resolution photos are the same resolution as the video anyway.
I also expect to use 1080p60 / 1080p120 with EIS for some flying. Being able to take full sensor JPEG (or RAW) at the same time is GREAT. The photo would be expected to have more details than a framegrab.

I would expect a photo and framegrab to be different. The MPEG compression is more aggressive than JPEG.
Sep 07, 2017, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
I also expect to use 1080p60 / 1080p120 with EIS for some flying. Being able to take full sensor JPEG (or RAW) at the same time is GREAT. The photo would be expected to have more details than a framegrab.

I would expect a photo and framegrab to be different. The MPEG compression is more aggressive than JPEG.
It may be possible that the EIS would work just up to 60fps / 1080p.
Sep 07, 2017, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
On the Git2 the frame grabs looked better because the jpgs had too much jpeg noise although they may also have had more detail, on the G3 the jpgs are much better than Git2 jpgs and I can't see much difference to the frame grabs when using high bitrate, for low bitrate the jpgs will be better.

I guess on the F1, the jpegs have more range 0-255, while the video is TV range? In which case the jpgs should definitely be better.
Sep 08, 2017, 06:50 AM
Currently? ... 109$ here
Sep 09, 2017, 04:14 PM
FlyingRock

F1 questions

Some questions for the Gitup rep - btw great to have you here!:

1. Are you guys implementing the sensor DOL-HDR feature? if so how's it going to work and what will the maximum resolution/fps available for that mode?

2. on the 160deg FOV version, is there an option to narrow the FOV by cropping the image?

3. Any idea when the 90deg lens version will be available? I'd like to use mine on a RC plane and 160deg FOV is a bit too much.

4. Are there any planned filters - Polarizer/ND - for the F1?

I'm really excited to about the F1; I was about to buy a Foxeer Legend 3 but the F1 seems to be a much better piece of hardware (and software!)

Cheers
Sep 10, 2017, 12:37 AM
The 90 Lens is told to be released 2-3 weeks after the 160 Release ... it was mentioned 1 or two pages before i think. Please take your tike to read this Thread as it currently only is 6 pages! ...
Sep 10, 2017, 02:29 AM
As for 2, yes there is cropping/zoom. Up to 2x.
For beta firmware EIS and zoom is not compatible, you get a default slight zoom. But this is being worked on by GitUp. without EIS it works fine. Lens correction helps as well.
1080p and 2x zoom = cropping no resizing.
Sep 10, 2017, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Young
Some questions for the Gitup rep - btw great to have you here!:

1. Are you guys implementing the sensor DOL-HDR feature? if so how's it going to work and what will the maximum resolution/fps available for that mode?

2. on the 160deg FOV version, is there an option to narrow the FOV by cropping the image?

3. Any idea when the 90deg lens version will be available? I'd like to use mine on a RC plane and 160deg FOV is a bit too much.

4. Are there any planned filters - Polarizer/ND - for the F1?

I'm really excited to about the F1; I was about to buy a Foxeer Legend 3 but the F1 seems to be a much better piece of hardware (and software!)

Cheers
1. This sensor support HDR, but currently HDR not implemented. Not so many cameras use this sensor yet. Need give pressure to Ambarella support.
Like the OV4689 on Novatek platform, they support HDR this year for this so old sensor.

2. There are some options for zoom.

3. The 90 deg version will be available, due to need do change for the lens holder, will be 2 to 3 weeks later after 160 deg verseion.

4. User can remove the lens holder, and replace it with some GoPro filter.
Sep 12, 2017, 09:27 PM
Turn on F1 remotely
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7A...FGd2hvUGM/view
Sep 13, 2017, 02:20 AM
Quote:
nice ...but what exactly happens there?

How is the F1 connected to ... Whatever? BT ? WIFI? ...
Sep 13, 2017, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiRaN
nice ...but what exactly happens there?

How is the F1 connected to ... Whatever? BT ? WIFI? ...
Turned on by bluetooth control, remote control not showed in the video.
Sep 13, 2017, 04:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Turned on by bluetooth control, remote control not showed in the video.
Is that one of them generic BT selfie remotes?

Quick Reply