Sep 02, 2017, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
Sony IMX326 is not a great sensor, that's why we haven't used this sensor on dash camera. And we just optimized HDR for OV4689, maybe A119 will have a better IQ, working on comparison now.

The 90 degree lens version will be 2 to 3 days later after 160 degree version.

A sample will be delivered within one week to one RC member.
Would be VERY interesting to see a day and night car ride recording.......
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSardine
what's the expected ship date and msrp for 90* version?

can we see some comparison shots between the 90* and 160* model?

full list of supported resolutions, software FOV settings, frame rates, and image stabilization?

thanks
Please check the F1 user manual for more details.
http://support.gitup.com/solution/ar...f1-user-manual

The 90 degree version will be 2 to 3 weeks later than 160 degree version.
Sep 06, 2017, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Please check the F1 user manual for more details.
http://support.gitup.com/solution/ar...f1-user-manual

The 90 degree version will be 2 to 3 weeks later than 160 degree version.
Great to see a FPV cable is included! Battery looks the same as the one for the GIT1 & 2; is that correct?
Sep 06, 2017, 03:20 AM
What's the weight of the camera?
Sep 06, 2017, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Great to see a FPV cable is included! Battery looks the same as the one for the GIT1 & 2; is that correct?
Not same battery as Git2, compatiable with YI AZ13-1 battery.
Sep 06, 2017, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird_PL
What's the weight of the camera?
68g with battery.
Sep 06, 2017, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Not same battery as Git2, compatiable with YI AZ13-1 battery.
Cool, there're already plenty of those around so not hard to find

*edit: just had a look thru the manual, and I have some suggestions:

- some short(er) settings for video timelapse would be nice, like 0.2s and 0.5s; these would be great for 'roadmovies' (1s is already too 'fast' for that).

- "Calib (Calibration)" is an unclear name for distortion removal which would be a simpler and clearer name imo.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Sep 06, 2017 at 05:06 AM.
Sep 06, 2017, 06:16 AM
Received my sample. And for now it looks good. Still a few things to fix in firmware, but my testing so far says it is pretty good. Did not try the lens-correction yet. Very fast switches between clouded skies and grass exposure.
The lens sticking out almost as far as the sides also worries me a bit. At least it is all glass lens.

I got a few improvement ideas, but there is no show stoppers. Just got latest firmware today, so no detailed comments yet.

I do consider designing a 3D printed hood for better lens-protection in lower resolution. Print it in flex-PLA which I have plenty of from the HobbyKing sale. With 160 degrees FoV there is not much room for anything in full res.

Build quality is nice. OLED display a bit difficult to read in full sunlight. But not impossible. And not too bright in low light conditions. Did not test the GitUp app yet, used a generic Ambarella App to see the WiFi streams.
Sep 06, 2017, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
The lens sticking out almost as far as the sides also worries me a bit. At least it is all glass lens.

I do consider designing a 3D printed hood for better lens-protection in lower resolution. Print it in flex-PLA which I have plenty of from the HobbyKing sale. With 160 degrees FoV there is not much room for anything in full res.
Maybe Gitup will do a longer lens hood for the 90 degree version, which could also be used on the wide angle version if not using the full 160 degrees.
Sep 06, 2017, 07:18 AM
One good thing is, that in loop mode we can have down to 1 minute segments. Some people hate short segments, but to me it is great. Means less video lost in case of crash - Plan to use it on planes, but weather is getting bad here.
Maybe I need to build my HobbyKing SkyRay / RMRC Mako wing, as it has a nice big clear FPV dome. Guess it could be a nice rainy days FPV platform.

My sample came with the FPV cable, not the TV-out cable. But my Samsung plays the videos directly using USB cable without any issues.

Manual does not mention PWM. Will make some tests to see what the cut-off level is (1500us?). If a high will keep taking photos/videos, or if the crossing = pressing button once.
What behaviour do we really want ? Personally I would like to be able to record video at whatever resolution, and trigger i simultaneous JPEG using PWM. I will likely not turn video recording on/off on most flights. Maybe on long distance FPV when I get to that.
Sep 06, 2017, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
Maybe Gitup will do a longer lens hood for the 90 degree version, which could also be used on the wide angle version if not using the full 160 degrees.
Sure. I suggested that maybe they could upload stuff to thingiverse, to gain more community support. Like battery doors, and other accesories they are not sure are worth making. This would be a first. Have not found other companies uploading spares for DIY 3D printing. But there are lots of end-users creating compatible spares. So it is not like not publishing the files will ensure spares has to be bought.

Think SJCam resellers on AliExpress wanted $20 for battery doors, so of course these are available in a few different user created designs on thingiverse. Creating a lense hood for slip on should be easy. Lens assembly is long enough that it might stick, especially if printed in flex with tight tolerance. The petal flower style lenshood for my EF-S 10-22mm does not stick out much, but it makes the difference in touching or not touching the lense / filter..
Sep 06, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
What behaviour do we really want ?
Same as the Git2!

Most people seem happy with that, although I don't think it is possible to take a photo without stopping video recording so maybe improvements could be made to both.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:10 PM
Did not know my git2 had PWM control.
We have the Ambarella A12 here. And you can set it to video+jpeg at intervals. So simultaneous video + photo is possible.
Not sure about compression. If you really just get a video keyframe ? Or if it is a jpeg with less compression. It is pouring down here for the next week. But there are many things I can test.
And I am slowly collecting things for feedback. Like everything else the software can be improved. Missing the zoom option on EIS. Should be possible to change For more zoom.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Did not know my git2 had PWM control.
We have the Ambarella A12 here. And you can set it to video+jpeg at intervals. So simultaneous video + photo is possible.
Not sure about compression. If you really just get a video keyframe ? Or if it is a jpeg with less compression. It is pouring down here for the next week. But there are many things I can test.
And I am slowly collecting things for feedback. Like everything else the software can be improved. Missing the zoom option on EIS. Should be possible to change For more zoom.
Unless you have a very old firmware then the Git2 does have PWM control.

I think you will just get a video frame saved as a jpg for photo or interval timer while recording, extracting a video frame from the video may give better quality. Some of the more recent chips can manage a full resolution photo while recording though, so it may be with us in the next generation.
Sep 06, 2017, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
Unless you have a very old firmware then the Git2 does have PWM control.

I think you will just get a video frame saved as a jpg for photo or interval timer while recording, extracting a video frame from the video may give better quality. Some of the more recent chips can manage a full resolution photo while recording though, so it may be with us in the next generation.
The A12 can support take a photo(not video frame) while recording, but only in 1080P resolution.

Quick Reply