May 14, 2018, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Hi, I installed the new firmware today - what does the 'G-sensor' setting do? Is there a newer user manual than the one from September last year? Thanks.
The G-sensor is a feature commonly found on dashcams, although it has its uses in aerial video too. I have not tried it on the F1 yet, but in general a G-sensor is used to detect an abrupt change in acceleration, such as a car or RC model crash. When such an impact is detected, the file currently being recorded is saved in the EVENT folder rather than the normal video folder. This prevents it from being over-written by future loop recording.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2018, 04:48 AM
Excellent, thanks Tony.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 15, 2018, 01:27 AM
@gitup

Still waiting for Noise reduction! There still to much noise/grain on a bright day scene (AWB, EV -0.7)
May 15, 2018, 02:30 PM
Coastal Drifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiRaN
@gitup

Still waiting for Noise reduction! There still to much noise/grain on a bright day scene (AWB, EV -0.7)
That would be great, video isnt too bad, but extracted stills lack detail.
May 15, 2018, 09:08 PM
Feature request: It would be cool, if you could set sensitivity of G-sensor from 0-100. Now for me, even the lowest setting needs too hard hit to start recording. What others think about this?
May 16, 2018, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkwad
That would be great, video isnt too bad, but extracted stills lack detail.
der er fanme noget om det! But that grain/noise is really unnecessary
May 16, 2018, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1er
Feature request: It would be cool, if you could set sensitivity of G-sensor from 0-100. Now for me, even the lowest setting needs too hard hit to start recording. What others think about this?
The G-sensor is not used to start a recording. It is used to save a video file to the EVENT folder if the sensor registers an impact whilst recording.
May 16, 2018, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM1
The G-sensor is not used to start a recording. It is used to save a video file to the EVENT folder if the sensor registers an impact whilst recording.
Good to know. But it would be nice if user could set sensitivity more accurately. This would open new ways this camera could be used.
May 22, 2018, 03:01 PM
Guys, how do I update the fw. can`t remember ? Same way the git2 does ?
May 22, 2018, 03:15 PM
Just copy it onto the root of the SD card then power up. There are instructions on their support site (although this new firmware isn't there ):

http://support.gitup.com/support/sol...up-f1-firmware
May 22, 2018, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Just copy it onto the root of the SD card then power up. There are instructions on their support site (although this new firmware isn't there ):

http://support.gitup.com/support/sol...up-f1-firmware
If this page don't have latest firmware then where i can find it?
May 23, 2018, 02:23 AM
The link was posted here not long ago:

https://www.gitup.com/blog/gitup-f1-...are-upgrade-n8
May 23, 2018, 04:09 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
Dam.. i've tried for months to work with this camera but it seems i got a Dud!

My camera fails to turn on 99% of the time and when it does turn on it'll stop recording mid flight
sent emails to git telling them my issues but just got a response asking me to do a firmware upgrade ,ive done firmware upgrades and all . hardware issue indeed so i even reflowed the main cpu and all components and got some life out of it but at that point it would boot if the battery voltage was no lower then 3.89v, enough to get some footage for a mini review but it soon failed to boot again regardless of voltage.

recording my final thought and editing up a vid tonight :/
May 24, 2018, 01:19 AM
if the video stops recording mid air ... try to put some more pressure on the battery as it tends to be affected by vibration an movement- ... could end up in power loss and so it stops recording!

Had this myself- maybe this is a hint!
May 24, 2018, 04:16 AM
Good thing to check. I run all my HD cameras on external 5V ... newer FCs can supply 5V @ 1.5A or so straight from the board, otherwise I use these tiny (1 gram) 2A BECs from Banggood:

https://www.banggood.com/Diatone-Min...r_warehouse=CN

Never have to worry about the state of the battery then

Quick Reply