Aug 14, 2017, 04:47 AM
There will be pre-sale period first, I guess.
Testers have to receive product samples to detect firmware bugs.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2017, 07:32 AM
The F1 will have some casing? I ask bcoz in one of pix, I noticed that lens
seems to protude a bit
Aug 16, 2017, 08:29 AM
If you look closely, you'll see on the left and right some raised edges to protect the lens. You'll still need to be careful though. A case with a flat piece of glass over the lens will always have some effects on the optical performance and can also introduce more flare/reflections and/or contrast reduction in some instances. I for one am not a big fan of adding 'protective filters' and such because unless they're of really high quality, they'll probably have a negative influence on IQ.
Aug 30, 2017, 01:39 AM
Is this any good for dashcam use?
Aug 30, 2017, 01:40 AM
Guess we'll have to wait and see how warm it gets during operation and how well it works in the dark.
Aug 30, 2017, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf
Is this any good for dashcam use?
For daytime use it should be good, at night it is not going to match the latest Starvis sensored 2K dashcams.

If you want to use 4K then I would expect heat problems if you live in the centre of Australia, hopefully it will be OK for the Netherlands, although it may need turning off while parked in the summer sunshine.
Aug 30, 2017, 07:13 AM
F1 up for pre-order on BG: https://www.banggood.com/GITUP-F1-4K...uid=Ko9UsQA8Wy
Aug 31, 2017, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
For daytime use it should be good, at night it is not going to match the latest Starvis sensored 2K dashcams.

If you want to use 4K then I would expect heat problems if you live in the centre of Australia, hopefully it will be OK for the Netherlands, although it may need turning off while parked in the summer sunshine.
I always have it turned off while parking.

If you check this comparison the Starvis isn't as good as the other 2, but i'm not sure this is the right comparison.....

2K Dash Cam Comparison [Sony Starvis IMX326 vs Omnivision OV4689] A119, NextBase 512GW, MF3 (12 min 14 sec)
Aug 31, 2017, 05:44 AM
Quote:
I always have it turned off while parking.

If you check this comparison the Starvis isn't as good as the other 2, but i'm not sure this is the right comparison.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvSSm-aGNU
I don't think that is a Starvis sensor, certainly not a very sensitive sensor!

You want to look for cameras with the Sony IMX 291 like the Viofo A119S and the mini 0906. My 0906 is much better in the dark than the 0806 with OV4689:
Sep 01, 2017, 03:12 PM
Custom User Title!
what's the expected ship date and msrp for 90* version?

can we see some comparison shots between the 90* and 160* model?

full list of supported resolutions, software FOV settings, frame rates, and image stabilization?

thanks
Sep 01, 2017, 06:59 PM
Sony IMX326 is not a great sensor, that's why we haven't used this sensor on dash camera. And we just optimized HDR for OV4689, maybe A119 will have a better IQ, working on comparison now.

The 90 degree lens version will be 2 to 3 days later after 160 degree version.

A sample will be delivered within one week to one RC member.
Sep 02, 2017, 03:30 AM
Mtz
Mtz
Quote:
Here is a real Starvis SONY IMX291 comparison with another great but cheaper sensor:
Amazing night performance of Viofo A119S dashcam with Sony IMX291 CMOS (0 min 39 sec)

Try to watch in full screen and look on the details from the sides. Watch 2-3 times to discover more details. You will be amazed.

enjoy,
Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Sep 02, 2017 at 04:58 AM.
Sep 02, 2017, 04:38 AM
Good to hear there's also going to be a 90 degrees version of the F1
Sep 02, 2017, 05:55 AM
I'd be really interested in the 90 degrees version. I currently record all my RC Car finals with a Mobius and loads of people are interested in watching them and/or recording their own so I usually point them towards the Mobius but the F1 looks very interesting.

The Mobius does struggle a little with changing lighting and also indoors.

Mendip - 4WD A Final - 22/01/17 (6 min 17 sec)
Sep 02, 2017, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
Here is a real Starvis SONY IMX291 comparison with another great but cheaper sensor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veqhkJbBdSA

Try to watch in full screen and look on the details from the sides. Watch 2-3 times to discover more details. You will be amazed.

enjoy,
Mtz
Well, I think that's it then, A119S or nothing for me......

Quick Reply