Aug 11, 2017, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsey
Thanks for the explanation. So, could you please tell which sensor is in F1?
i believe it is imx117, just like the Sj7 Star. Novatek Chipset....
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2017, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcamhd
i believe it is imx117, just like the Sj7 Star. Novatek Chipset....
Maybe you mixed G3 and F1? For F1 we have listed on our official site, it is Ambarella A12 chipset.
Also we listed it is 8MP sensor, so definitely not the IMX117 12MP sensor.
Aug 11, 2017, 03:37 AM
Ah, Okay... just checked site just now...
Aug 11, 2017, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
Maybe you mixed G3 and F1? For F1 we have listed on our official site, it is Ambarella A12 chipset.
Also we listed it is 8MP sensor, so definitely not the IMX117 12MP sensor.
8Mpix sounds nice, it would be better for FPV / fast light changes and poor light situations.
Aug 11, 2017, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
8Mpix sounds nice, it would be better for FPV / fast light changes and poor light situations.
Normally an 8MP sensor is like a 12MP sensor with the top and bottom chopped off so that it is 16:9 aspect ratio for video instead of 4:3 aspect ratio for photos. Real 4K video is 16:9 aspect ratio with 8MP per frame - this is a sensor designed for a 4K video camera, not a photo camera.

So the difference is not the size of the pixels, just the height of the sensor. It needs less vertical space so an FPV shape camera can be thinner and because there are 1/3 less pixels there will also be 1/3 less power consumed and 1/3 less heat generated so maybe it wont get as hot as some 4K cameras.

You will need to wait for Gitup to say which sensor it is to know the size of the pixels and if it is a good sensor for poor light
Aug 11, 2017, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
Normally an 8MP sensor is like a 12MP sensor with the top and bottom chopped off so that it is 16:9 aspect ratio for video instead of 4:3 aspect ratio for photos. Real 4K video is 16:9 aspect ratio with 8MP per frame - this is a sensor designed for a 4K video camera, not a photo camera.

So the difference is not the size of the pixels, just the height of the sensor. It needs less vertical space so an FPV shape camera can be thinner and because there are 1/3 less pixels there will also be 1/3 less power consumed and 1/3 less heat generated so maybe it wont get as hot as some 4K cameras.

You will need to wait for Gitup to say which sensor it is to know the size of the pixels and if it is a good sensor for poor light
IMX117 generate more heating, so there is an upgraded version IMX377.
The one we used on F1 can do better in very low light condition compared with IMX117, see the attachment.
Of course, more bright will have more noise.
Aug 11, 2017, 05:37 AM
Quote:
IMX117 generate more heating, so there is an upgraded version IMX377.
The one we used on F1 can do better in very low light condition compared with IMX117, see the attachment.
Of course, more bright will have more noise.
I've noticed that the sensor in my G3 is good in low light, like a very cloudy day, much better than the Git2, but when it gets really dark the quality drops, sometimes the Git2 can give the better image. Not a problem for most people using an action camera, but if you like riding your mountain bike in the moonlight then the Git1 would be a better choice.

Your F1 image looks like it may be as bright as the Git1, but the Git1 would give a sharper image.

We need a starvis action camera for mountain biking by moonlight...
Aug 11, 2017, 09:11 AM
nutsey as nuts
Quote:
Wow. And I suppose this is not IMX219, right?
Aug 11, 2017, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsey
Wow. And I suppose this is not IMX219, right?
Isn't that 4:3 aspect ratio, with not enough horizontal pixels for real 4K?

If you keep guessing then you may get it right eventually, but you still wont know if you are right until Gitup is ready to make the information public
Aug 11, 2017, 10:16 AM
Some more pictures (good to see a slide-in holder/hope it has a standard thread too for mounting on a tripod):
Aug 12, 2017, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
We need a starvis action camera for mountain biking by moonlight...
LOL, that is for FPV by moonlight I have the Viofo A119S (with Starvis) dashcam and that thing is amazing, you can turn off the car headlights and drive by star light if you look at it's footage !
Aug 12, 2017, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
LOL, that is for FPV by moonlight I have the Viofo A119S (with Starvis) dashcam and that thing is amazing, you can turn off the car headlights and drive by star light if you look at it's footage !
Yes, that sensor would make an interesting action camera. The problem is they are only 1080 resolution so you can't have any gyro stabilisation and I don't think an action camera with no stabilisation is going to sell well these days.

But maybe we could have a version of the G3 slave camera with the A119S Starvis sensor instead of the Git1 sensor someday, that would let you do night time FPV at reasonable cost.
Aug 12, 2017, 06:43 AM
According to the Gitup Facebook page this will be $129.99

That looks cracking value if true. I will certainly be ordering a 90 version at that price
Aug 12, 2017, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh00sher
According to the Gitup Facebook page this will be $129.99

That looks cracking value if true. I will certainly be ordering a 90 version at that price
The 90 degrees versions have always been a bit more expensive; my guess the GitUp F1 90 will be: $149.99
Aug 14, 2017, 04:37 AM
So when will it be available and where will I be able to buy it?

Quick Reply