Aug 04, 2017, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTrulz
Waiting to see what it costs and when it will be available.
Within one month.
More info and price will be on official site next week.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2017, 07:34 AM
My drones are itching to fly the F1
Aug 06, 2017, 03:35 AM
Eventually there will also be a 90 degree distortion free GitUp F1:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=54

We will also release 90 degree lens version.
And the fisheye remove option on F1 170 degree lens works well.

'Fisheye remove option' sounds great!

*edit: I'm trying to keep the thread updated more or less as sometimes info is shared in other threads
Aug 06, 2017, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Eventually there will also be a 90 degree distortion free GitUp F1:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=54

We will also release 90 degree lens version.
And the fisheye remove option on F1 170 degree lens works well.

'Fisheye remove option' sounds great!

*edit: I'm trying to keep the thread updated more or less as sometimes info is shared in other threads
will buy that cam too.
Aug 08, 2017, 03:49 AM
GitUp creates additions, it's like a Pokemon, you need to collect them all
Aug 08, 2017, 12:37 PM
look like a worthy competitor to the foxeer legend3 that is also a12 based (a bit pricy though at $150, when the thieye t5 is only $99).
Aug 08, 2017, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanieux
look like a worthy competitor to the foxeer legend3 that is also a12 based (a bit pricy though at $150, when the thieye t5 is only $99).
Will have reasonable price, soon more info on official site.
Aug 09, 2017, 01:09 AM
I am not sure why everyone hopped onto the A12 bandwagon after the SJ7 Star. As everyone has seen, we had to work hard and wait long for it to get to where it is. I imagine the F1 release is being delayed until they can fix half of the issues we were having. Some may applaud this move. I would have gone with a different chipset though.

HiSilicon chip any good? Yi Lite uses that...
Aug 09, 2017, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcamhd
I am not sure why everyone hopped onto the A12 bandwagon after the SJ7 Star. As everyone has seen, we had to work hard and wait long for it to get to where it is. I imagine the F1 release is being delayed until they can fix half of the issues we were having. Some may applaud this move. I would have gone with a different chipset though.

F1 is not delayed, we just take more time for testing and improve the firmware before release.
Even some other company released A12 cameras before us, but took long time to keep implementing the basic feature which should implemented before release like image rotation, fisheye correction.
And until now I found the long espouse for photo time lapse not work on some other A12 cameras.

Hisilicon is also a new chipset, and Yi lite didn't use the latest 4K chipset, still long way to make the Hisilicon stable.
Aug 09, 2017, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
F1 is not delayed, we just take more time for testing and improve the firmware before release.
Even some other company released A12 cameras before us, but took long time to keep implementing the basic feature which should implemented before release like image rotation, fisheye correction.
And until now I found the long espouse for photo time lapse not work on some other A12 cameras.

Hisilicon is also a new chipset, and Yi lite didn't use the latest 4K chipset, still long way to make the Hisilicon stable.
Ambarella is saying distortion correction interferes with FOV. Things were so much more simple back in the SJ5000+ days, eh?
Aug 09, 2017, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Ambarella is saying distortion correction interferes with FOV. Things were so much more simple back in the SJ5000+ days, eh?
I would expect distortion correction to have a big effect on the diagonal FOV, but very little effect on the horizontal and vertical FOV. Since the user is normally only interested in the horizontal FOV it doesn't matter! Does it also affect the horizontal FOV on the SJ7?
Quote:

That is rather like the SJ6 being almost a copy of the Git2, except for the added touchscreen, and benefiting from all the development work that Gitup and Novatek did on that chipset / sensor / lens combination. Except in this case the F1 does not use the same sensor or the same lens and is a very different shape to the SJ7 and intended for different purposes, so not exactly a copy then
Aug 09, 2017, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
I would expect distortion correction to have a big effect on the diagonal FOV, but very little effect on the horizontal and vertical FOV. Since the user is normally only interested in the horizontal FOV it doesn't matter! Does it also affect the horizontal FOV on the SJ7?
Ambarella have two distortion correction resolution.
#1, remove the fishyeye, like a 90 degree lens version
#2, fisheye correction, FOV will be between 90 ~ 170.
Aug 10, 2017, 06:04 AM
nutsey as nuts
Is F1 cam based on IMX274 sensor?
Aug 10, 2017, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsey
Is F1 cam based on IMX274 sensor?
Not this one, this one is mainly for security cameras and industrial applications.
Aug 11, 2017, 02:13 AM
nutsey as nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
Not this one, this one is mainly for security cameras and industrial applications.
Thanks for the explanation. So, could you please tell which sensor is in F1?

Quick Reply