Aces High FW-190A Release! - RC Groups

Aces High FW-190A Release!

Extreme Flight has taken their expertise in balsa aerobatic aircraft construction and applied it to warplanes. The FW is fast and stable as a warbird should be, but it also floats in for landing with a confidence-inspiring lightness and predictability. You will immediately feel at home with the FW.

Splash

ACHTUNG!

From Extreme Flight RC...

The hunters have arrived! I am very excited to announce that the Aces High 62" Focke Wulf FW-190 has finally arrived at our Georgia Warehouse! After many changes and refinements the FW-190 is finally ready to see the light of day. Aces High brand manager Arron Bates has put a massive effort into this project and the results are nothing short of spectacular! This all balsa/plywood/fiberglass model will change perceptions about the way warbird models fly. Anyone with basic sport aircraft experience will have no problem flying the Aces High Focke Wulf. Loaded with unique features including 2 very accurate weathered color schemes, pre-installed electric retracts, scale flaps, and a detailed cockpit, the FW-190 assembles fast and can be ready for flight in a few short evenings of assembly. Powered by our proven Torque 4016T/500 and Airboss 80 Amp ESC combo, the Aces High Focke Wulf has plenty of power for any dogfight-style maneuver. For the ultimate in scale realism add the matching 3 blade prop and spinner. Please visit our website for all the details on this exciting new model!

Specs

• Specifications
  • Wingspan: 62 in / 1574mm
  • Length: 53 in / 1353mm (with spinner)
  • Wing Area: 648 sq. in / 41.8 dm˛
  • Weight: 6.5 lbs / 2.95 kg (without battery)

Photos

Mor Info at Exreme Flight RC

Head over to Extreme Flight RC for more info and pricing!

Jul 26, 2017, 04:11 PM
Smish-smash
Quite an accomplishment.

Canopy's a mess but the rest of it looks pretty good.
Jul 26, 2017, 04:33 PM
DFS#000178
Wow. Vaporware no more.

The retracts may have the correct extension angle but they don't look tall enough. It leaves it looking squatty like some of the foamies.
Jul 26, 2017, 06:09 PM
Whats up with the canopy. Months of research. Didnt research much on the canopy. How can they get something simple wrong
Jul 26, 2017, 06:10 PM
The canopy is hideously out of scale. I bet it will fly good though.
Jul 26, 2017, 07:40 PM
Cant fly enough
Agreed the canopy is poor. Hopefully ACES High will fix it.

Otherwise I'm sure some creative soul will offer an aftermarket solution.

Glad to see this type of non-foam models are back, like the old KYOSHO 50 airplanes!
Jul 26, 2017, 08:16 PM
The sky is my playground.
Shame, as long as we waited, hoped, and crossed out fingers with all these promises of scale this and scale that. Sadly this is an easy pass for me.
Jul 26, 2017, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Shame, as long as we waited, hoped, and crossed out fingers with all these promises of scale this and scale that. Sadly this is an easy pass for me.
Yeah I agree I had high hopes when this thing was announced two years ago at Joe know. I like the bigger wheels but the canopy is not right. I guess it's just me but I was really hoping for more and whenever I added everything up on their website and it came out to be 700+ dollars close to 800 by the time it's ready to fly, I decided against it. To me it's not worth that money for a 62 inch wingspan airframe. IMO
Jul 26, 2017, 10:58 PM
AA6JB
Oh Mr. Sparks?! The king of plastic should be able to render an aftermarket canopy in a flash!
Jul 27, 2017, 11:48 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79
Yeah I agree I had high hopes when this thing was announced two years ago at Joe know. I like the bigger wheels but the canopy is not right. I guess it's just me but I was really hoping for more and whenever I added everything up on their website and it came out to be 700+ dollars close to 800 by the time it's ready to fly, I decided against it. To me it's not worth that money for a 62 inch wingspan airframe. IMO
That's actually not bad when you start adding things up.

I mean, I have almost $800 in an EFlite Bonanza, and that was just the recommended stuff from EFlite.

An ARF is always going to end up more expensive than a PNP, and a kit is always going to be more expensive than an ARF.

If they'd fix the canopy I'm sure it'd be a lot nicer. I don't know why they'd go to such lengths to make it scale and then skimp on the canopy after 2 years of R&D...
Jul 27, 2017, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
That's actually not bad when you start adding things up.

I mean, I have almost $800 in an EFlite Bonanza, and that was just the recommended stuff from EFlite.

An ARF is always going to end up more expensive than a PNP, and a kit is always going to be more expensive than an ARF.

If they'd fix the canopy I'm sure it'd be a lot nicer. I don't know why they'd go to such lengths to make it scale and then skimp on the canopy after 2 years of R&D...
I was able to get price a comparable power system a lot cheaper along with the servos as well. Its slowly getting back on my list but im not sold on that canopy yet. I think i could have this bird in the air for around 600 which isnt to bad.
Jul 27, 2017, 01:51 PM
DFS#000178
Yeah $600 seems about where it should be. The Bonanza only cost me so much because i went with EFlite motor, ESC and retracts. I probably could've done it for under $500 but hey, you only live once, right?

The canopy is the biggest turn-off for me on this, too. And the fact that the gear legs look too small to have the proper FW-190 stance on the ground, but that could just be the angle the photo's taken at too.
Jul 27, 2017, 02:08 PM
If you could write all that with a straight face, I would never play poker with you. I think it is an insult to call it scale.
Jul 28, 2017, 12:54 PM
-insert witty saying here-
Proper sized wheels would probably fix the stance issue, but would they fit in the wing?

Canopy is too squat and too far forward, fuse too fat behind the wing, proportions are wrong, not sure where they came up with the colors for the RLM 74/75 for the upper surfaces. Almost like they designed it from memory, rather than referencing an accurate 3-view for the airframe.

The Black 8 version sports a gun hood more from an A5, not the A8 the color scheme supposedly comes from. Try again EF....
Last edited by Hemikiller; Jul 28, 2017 at 01:03 PM.
Jul 28, 2017, 04:05 PM
FW190Intro (1 min 18 sec)