HobbyKing's Avios BushMule is Coming Soon - RC Groups

HobbyKing's Avios BushMule is Coming Soon

If you are looking for a plane that does more than just fly, then check out the Avios BushMule. This thing is a beast of a workhorse and it all starts with a solid foundation of a great airframe based on the tried and true SkyMule.

Splash

The Workhorse of the Sky

If you are looking for a plane that does more than just fly, then check out the Avios BushMule. This thing is a beast of a workhorse and it all starts with a solid foundation of a great airframe based on the tried and true SkyMule. The BushMule can handle rough ground as well as water and snow with the optional floats or skis. You buy the BushMule as a plug and fly model that comes with the power system and servos. You'll need to add your receiver and battery to complete it.

The BushMule features two powerful motors that you can set up for differential thrust to help steer on the ground or in the air for some crazy aerobatics. It also has barn door 90 degree flaps that are a blast to play with in vertical descents and STOL type flight maneuvers. There is also a huge cargo bay area with a door you can operate from a servo to drop parachute guys are whatever you like from the air. You can also outfit the plane with HD cameras and/or FPV gear, there are so many options on the BushMule you'll never get tired of it! The BushMule is available for pre-order right now at a price of $209.15.

Check out the Avios BushMule

Keep up with the BushMule on the main Discussion thread here

Specs:

• Width: 1500mm (59")
  • Length: 1095mm (43")
  • Weight: 2250g
  • Motors: 2 x 3536mm 850KV brushless outrunner motor
  • ESC: 2 x 30A w/ reverse
  • Battery: 3000mah 4S (Not Included)

Jul 26, 2017, 09:31 AM
We already have a thread on this one. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rom-Hobby-King
Jul 26, 2017, 09:41 AM
RCG Staff
Yes, but this is a news article that gets seen in different places than normal threads. I'll put a link to the main discussion thread in the article above.
Jul 26, 2017, 09:41 AM
so, we've been waiting 6 months for this since it was announced and the best they could give us is 40 seconds of video ? With no new info other than they've been enjoying it? lol
Jul 26, 2017, 03:43 PM
Thelongranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Yes, but this is a news article that gets seen in different places than normal threads. I'll put a link to the main discussion thread in the article above.
You must get tired re writing this comment every time you post about a new product. LOL
Jul 26, 2017, 05:11 PM
RCG Staff
Hehe, actually it's pretty rare, no worries.
Jul 26, 2017, 07:50 PM
This is a great opportunity for HK to win back some of it's fans with a product that lives up to what they promise. Spare parts would be nice also so we shall hold our breath & wait:-)
Jul 27, 2017, 12:22 AM
Im in!

Anyone know the size of the props?
Jul 27, 2017, 09:41 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxProGT
Im in!

Anyone know the size of the props?
same as the sky mule and B-17 (oh and BTW you can do better!)
Jul 27, 2017, 11:38 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
same as the sky mule and B-17 (oh and BTW you can do better!)
Just dump 'em and go with Master Airscrew 10x7x3 CW and CCWs.

They're excellent props for this plane.

I wish there were newer photos and videos. In the other thread, HobbyKing said they had fixed the goofy-looking float struts and that the video and photos we have are old.

I'd really like to see what the 'fixed' struts look like.
Jul 27, 2017, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
HobbyKing said they had fixed the goofy-looking float struts and that the video and photos we have are old.

I'd really like to see what the 'fixed' struts look like.
What do you all mean by goofy looking? Is it because the plane sits so high off the water?
Jul 27, 2017, 11:44 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxProGT
What do you all mean by goofy looking? Is it because the plane sits so high off the water?
Yeah, because they're so tall. Needlessly so.
Jul 28, 2017, 07:15 AM
Scratch Builder
I would like to buy this plane, but unfortunately I have had terrible luck with any type of purchased plane, other than my Slow Stick of course . (How could you screw a Stick up?) I am better with planes that are scratch built.
Jul 28, 2017, 09:14 AM
IWC
IWC
It's basically a BN Islander
Jul 28, 2017, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperCooper
I would like to buy this plane, but unfortunately I have had terrible luck with any type of purchased plane, other than my Slow Stick of course . (How could you screw a Stick up?) I am better with planes that are scratch built.

You could build a Guinea Pig from Flite Test.

https://store.flitetest.com/ft-guinea-pig/