Sep 23, 2017, 03:33 AM
as much as I can
Looking at some of the other part, I'm super impressed. The quality of the parts in this kit look so good. If it goes together as well as it looks, I will be very happy.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2017, 04:06 AM
as much as I can
The finish on the parts are very good.
Last edited by beenflying; Sep 23, 2017 at 04:14 AM.
Sep 23, 2017, 05:00 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Yes, the parts look superb quality. This is no more than I'd expect based on my experience of the Devil 420.
Sep 23, 2017, 05:44 AM
as much as I can
I take my hat off to ALZRC. This kit has everything you need. They even supply cable ties and the 3M foam for the FBL tray. I'm excited to build this heli. I really like flying heli's this size, which is in the Gaui X5 and Trex 550 size.

Here are some pictures of the head, again I like the finish and the mix of red and matt silver.
Sep 23, 2017, 07:55 AM
Wow beautiful kit beenflying I imagine I'll get one at some point maybe in the Spring unless the GF asks me what I really want for Xmas lol
Sep 23, 2017, 03:45 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Yes, the parts look superb quality. This is no more than I'd expect based on my experience of the Devil 420.
That's good to hear. I watched your Devil 420 youtube video this morning. Very smooth flying and a well setup heli. *thumbs up*
Sep 23, 2017, 03:56 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman
Wow beautiful kit beenflying I imagine I'll get one at some point maybe in the Spring unless the GF asks me what I really want for Xmas lol
LOL! Based on what I've seen so far, you won't be disappointed. The super combo is great value for what you get, especially when Banggood has it discounted.
Sep 23, 2017, 09:39 PM
as much as I can
Here's one to watch out for. My BL4120 Pro motor has not had the circlip fitted properly and is just sitting on the shaft. Luck I didn't lose it in the carpet.
Sep 24, 2017, 12:39 AM
as much as I can
Devil 505 canopy next to the Align 550E DFC.
Sep 30, 2017, 06:07 AM
as much as I can
No complaints about the quality so far. Plastic and carbon fibre parts are all very well made. Screws are good, one 1.5mm head for the battery tray lock and all the rest 2mm, so far.

Nice that they supply stronger frames, the strengthening kit for the skids and a double up of all of the skid labels.
Oct 01, 2017, 07:50 PM
Goodness, the car I drive to work cost me half that!
Oct 01, 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
Goodness, the car I drive to work cost me half that!
Sounds like you bought yourself a real Creampuff Wayne
Oct 03, 2017, 05:48 AM
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone would be able to help me decide. I've been thinking of building a kit for over a year now & this alzrc 420 / 505 kit has caught my eye. I've also been wanting to upgrade to a larger heli and feel that the right time has come.

Such a good looker as you'd all agree I have been reading through this thread and also some YouTube vids . This kit seems to be of good quality which interests me.

The largest heli I fly quite comfortably now is my Blade 230s so as you can imagine this is going to be a BIG step up for me.

I have a few questions:

There is only about $30 difference between the 380 and the 420 super combo's so i decided to rule out the 380 (Might as well go for the larger one). My question here do you think that the 505 would be too scary coming from the tiny 230s??

Space isn't an issue my nerves might be lol

Also if i did purchase either of the super combo kits what else would i need to build this kit and get the heli up and running?? I do have a Dx6i - hoping this would be enough to get her up.

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Jake

P.S

I read on the website - https://goo.gl/Rd4eic

Apart from the TX, RX & pitch gauge seems like i need a motor, esc, servos & gyro... Are there any of these kits that come fully complete?

Radio Transmitter And Electronic Equipment Required For Assembly:

1.Transmitter: 6-channel or More,Helicopter System
2.Receiver: 6-channel or More
3.Pitch Gauge: Digital Pitch Gauge
4.Battery: 6S/22.2V 1500~2600mAh Li-Po Battery
5.Motor: RMC-BL3120 1000kv 6S Brushless Motor(5mm spindle) x 1
6.ESC: 50~80A Brushless ESC x 1
7.Swashplate Servo: Micro Digital Metal Servo x 3
8.Tail-lock Servo: Medium Digital Metal Servo x 1
9.Gyroscope: Flybarless Gyro System x 1
10.Other: Plug & Assemble Tools Set
Last edited by jakeaheli; Oct 03, 2017 at 05:56 AM. Reason: spelling mistake....
Oct 03, 2017, 06:28 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Jake,

If you get the 'Super combo' version of either the D420 or D505 then you get everything you need to get it in the air except for:
  • Transmitter
  • Receiver (or satellite receivers)
  • Batteries
  • Tools, lubricants, thread-lock etc required for building

Motor, servos, ESC, FBL controller are all included in the Super Combo package and are unbeatable value. the link you provided was to the super combo so all of these components are included (the listing is a little misleading)

The 505 would be very intimidating at first but you soon get used to it, so if you are fully competent with the 230 flown in expert mode (SAFE stabilisation turned off) then you should be ok with the bigger heli. The bigger ones are actually easier to fly, but you really shouldn't go far wrong with either, the 420 is a great heli too.

The only upgrade to the super combo package that's worth consideration is the FBL controller. The package comes with the Kbar which is a clone copy of the old Mikado Vbar. The Kbar actually works very well but these days there are more advanced FBL controllers available with stabilisation and 'rescue' features similar to (but more advanced than) the SAFE system in your 230.
Oct 03, 2017, 07:11 PM
as much as I can
Hi Jake. Personally I think the 420 super combo would be your best bet. It's a nice size heli, it flies big, batteries are a reasonable price and it's not too expensive to crash.

I would also recommend you get the optional full skids, as this makes it a bit more stable on the ground and helps with visibility in the air.

Quick Reply