Aug 21, 2019, 11:47 AM
FL, Sanford
icanflyheli, I spent few hours trying to register and contact the seller, but still can't figure it out lol
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 02:35 PM
I love the idea of not removing the canopy to replace the battery! Sign me up!
Aug 22, 2019, 07:37 AM
WB, if you go to the site and see the orange band, beside the face there are two characters/words above a white box typical of a password box. Tap the right set of characters and it will get you here, https://world.taobao.com/markets/all/sea/register
There's a little box to the right of the page "English" press that and continue from what I can gather.

I tried it but could not get past "incorrect format of mobile phone number", pressing "NEXT" with nothing happening. Could be exclusive to China/Asia.

I then tried by copying the second set of characters (interpreted as information) and googled it while translating it also, that got me to the full Taobao registration page and I stopped there.
Last edited by icanflyheli; Aug 22, 2019 at 07:59 AM.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:57 AM
FL, Sanford
Looks like to order from there, one needs an agent according to r/taobao. Honestly, this is not very convenient...

@icanflyheli, thanks for the information!
Last edited by Wrecking Ball; Aug 22, 2019 at 08:47 AM.
Sep 29, 2019, 11:25 PM

Count me in the ALZRC505 club

Got mine last Friday via slow boat from Shenzen Guadong (?) and so far the part checkout looked impressive! Looking forward to an exciting and smooth sailing build and her awesome maiden flights soon.

Btw I got the all the BLS cyclic and tail
Sep 30, 2019, 03:05 AM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFCxPerT View Post
Got mine last Friday via slow boat from Shenzen Guadong (?) and so far the part checkout looked impressive! Looking forward to an exciting and smooth sailing build and her awesome maiden flights soon.

Btw I got the all the BLS cyclic and tail
Congrats. It's a good heli and a fun build. Please keep us posted about how your build goes.
Sep 30, 2019, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Congrats. It's a good heli and a fun build. Please keep us posted about how your build goes.
+1

I just finished building the 420... what an enjoyable build! It went together effortlessly, without a hitch. The only “adjustment” I had to make was putting a 2” long piece of packing tape on one blade for balance!
Sep 30, 2019, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helique View Post
+1

I just finished building the 420... what an enjoyable build! It went together effortlessly, without a hitch. The only “adjustment” I had to make was putting a 2” long piece of packing tape on one blade for balance!
Love it, just finished my 420 yesterday and test flew it this morning...impressive!

Was there any slack in your tail belt? My seems to have a lot of slack...
Oct 01, 2019, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekendflyer911 View Post
Love it, just finished my 420 yesterday and test flew it this morning...impressive!

Was there any slack in your tail belt? My seems to have a lot of slack...
We should probably continue this conversation in the 420 thread... meet you over there.
Oct 01, 2019, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Will do and thanks much for your helpful tips. I got the original and green canopies which look as big as those for my old Trex 600
Oct 02, 2019, 10:06 AM
Good to see this thread still alive. My experience with the Devil 380 was a mixed bag - I absolutely needed to use a complete SAB Goblin 380 tail because of three separate tail blade ejection failures with the ALZRC parts. Tracked down to sketchy machining/tolerances of the ALZRC tail grips and being too wobbly for my hard 3D flight style.

How are the tail parts of the D505? Has anyone been beating the p*ss out of theirs and have the tails held up?
Oct 05, 2019, 11:02 AM
FL, Sanford
Can anyone share the manual for the D505 please? Can't find the file on my computer. Download link is down on the ALZRC website - http://cp.alzrc.com/up/20170823/b21c...a8db775910.zip

EDIT: found the file in one of the backups; for those, who need it, here it is - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dc...kFbd70Qpavdlww
Last edited by Wrecking Ball; Oct 05, 2019 at 12:12 PM.
Oct 27, 2019, 10:02 PM

Missing 3x ball links for swash servo arms

Am I missing them? looked all over the bags but only 6x ball links and 3x linkage rods in the bag labeled D505F-G-2, no other ball studs!

MY BAD FOUND THEM
Last edited by RFCxPerT; Oct 28, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
Oct 28, 2019, 04:25 PM
Nova Helicopters designer.
I am looking at buying a used 505 frame - complete - with a new tail mechanical section. Seller states it just needs the canopy, boom and belt to be a complete airframe, but I figure I'd need a pushrod too probably, maybe the boom fixing parts as well.
I'm certainly tempted... Just building an X360 up and the build quality impresses me.
Nov 23, 2019, 04:00 PM
Ready to rule the sky!

The tail rod end was all good until I had to back out the rods and one end cracked and crushed under pliers grip lol. CA it up and rock solid again. This is the worst design for this kit but will buy the kit again because of loving the super butter smooth and perfect helical gear mess.

Quick Reply