This thread is privately moderated by solentlife, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 25, 2017, 02:51 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Thread OP
Rant

Sick of self appointed experts

I really have had enough of these idiots who appoint themselves as the 'Experts' ...

Do they not appreciate that New Pilots come onto forums not knowing and then take in what they read ? At least old fogies like myself can sift the crap from the good ... but they cannot.

I hope that these 'experts' have the balls to own up and cover the results of their 'advice' ...

I have opted out of a number of threads - because when challenged, the 'experts' have been insulting and not understood what they do. I tried but they fail to look further than their own ego's.

This destroys the best part of RCG ...

Nigekl
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2017, 08:36 PM
I hear you. When I first started here it was like you had to suck up to the "experts" to even get anyone to respond to you and God forbid if I had what I thought was an original idea.
I finally just went my own way and it was very rewarding in itself though I had to learn everything by researching on my own.
Who knows how many newbies the experts have actually run away from the hobby.
Jul 26, 2017, 01:36 AM
Thread OP
Its comforting to know I am not only one who objects to them.

RCG has been sold - but no change basically as the same moderators are in place - so no pre-active moderation ... still the reactive post reporting style. The 'experts' will still be in their comfort zone.

I was told by one moderator to 'cool it - to leave one guy alone because he'd been on the thread since its start' ..... the fact I pointed out his advice was for a completely different model, that it was dangerous .... made no difference. The guy still posts with no change ....

Nigel
Jul 26, 2017, 05:29 AM
Cat Man
I agree wholeheartedly. When I started in this hobby there was no internet or forums. All you had were the folks at the local flying field to learn and take advice from. At least then it was face to face contact and REAL friendships were formed. Not like now with the faceless, spineless, keyboard experts clickity clacking away trying to look like an expert.

I know I try REAL hard not to stick my nose into a thread unless I have direct FACTUAL information regarding the topic based on my experience. And I now have a huge database of videos on my YouTube channel to back up most of the things I comment on.
Jul 26, 2017, 06:19 AM
Thread OP
Its funny mentioning the 'field' ... I get as much enjoyment out of being there with other like-minded people as the actual flying.

And you can have a discussion and tell the other guy - or he tells you ... Wrong ! and no-one gets upset. Blimey - just hint at disagreeing with some of the 'keyboard warriors' and its daggers drawn !

I am guilty of being a prat sometimes and making a 'gaff' - usually after a few beers !! but I can live with accepting I was wrong.

I also am not afraid to post my mistakes !!

Nigel
Feb 18, 2018, 08:10 AM
You are so right. Thanks again
Feb 18, 2018, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Things have not changed unfortunately ....

BUT I can say this ..... I now have found a Forum that make RCG look like a walk in the Park .....

DJI Forum !!

I don't know why but DJI have decided to allow the forum to be populated by some of the worst ego maniacs ever.

If you think going against an expert on RCG is bad .... boy you should see it over there !!

AND the sucking up to DJI !! One guy never gives any worthwhile advice or suggestions when questions asked - but just makes stupid sarcastic 'witticisms' and his other trait - sucking up to DJI ... When you question the little info he does give .... WOW ... he gets all hyped up ... reports you ... makes insulting remarks .... unbelievable. But moderators do nothing about him .... but are quick to attack his victims ... yes victims. !!

Anyway back to RCG .....

RCG is one of the biggest and most informative forums .... but therein lies its problem. As a group grows - its characters range wider.

Nigel

Quick Reply