Vario - RC Groups
Jul 25, 2017, 03:24 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Discussion

Vario

Ok a question for those with the knowledge , I have a Renschler talking picaiario
in my XC from R/R I understand it works with a Walkie Talkie ,but what frequency ?
27 Mhz am UHF or VHF ????? and (And I think I know the answer to this one but) will it work with a 2.4Ghz Rx ?? Appreciate the help
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2017, 06:52 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Steve,
Just had a look at mine and there are no frequency markings on the unit or the walkie-talkie that came with it.
Memory says UHF, and places like JayCar have them quite cheap. Edit: check the instructions and confirmed, 16 channels in the 433MHz UHF band.
There are dip switches on the vario to change the frequency within the band, though if you just key through the channels on the receiver you will hear it squark when you get the freq right.
There is more detail in the instructions, which I have and can consult if needed.
Mine has been christened 'Helga' and does a top job.
And yes, works fine with 2.4 gear - I did have some issues years ago with a 40MHz receiver that did not like Helga shouting in its ear.
Cheers,
Pete
Last edited by Petem; Jul 25, 2017 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Confirmed UHF band
Jul 25, 2017, 08:50 PM
Thanks Pete, I think I have a UHF set tucked away somewhere
Last edited by steve wenban; Jul 25, 2017 at 08:55 PM.
Jul 25, 2017, 09:51 PM

Manual

Found the manual on line at:
http://www.renschler.de/eng/pages/pr...rmprod1_e.html
And .pdf attached.
Just thinking about XC gets me grinning again! Good flying.
Pete
Jul 25, 2017, 10:38 PM
Thanks,
We have the perfect place for XC ,but we have not tried it yet ,our Annual Manilla slope fest gives us the perfect environment for it
Jul 26, 2017, 12:27 AM
Yes I keep seeing the reports from Manilla and would love to get there some time. I reckon a great way to go XC would be a launch from the slope, hang around till you get a good thermal then depart on course - minimal support needed.
Jul 26, 2017, 01:42 AM
There's a number of guys from Vic that come every year , we also have a full size grass airstrip to operate from as well and a lot of dirt roads for out and return type XC with huge thermals .
Jul 31, 2017, 01:23 PM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Just a short note from the States. I jammed my Airtronics 8 channel receiver and lost my SuperAVA by mounting the picollario to close to the receiver. I put the output on a switch on my SD-10G and was about 1km away when I wanted an announcement and poof...locked my self out.

I have since switch to Taranis and no longer have to worry about it.
Regards,
Wally