Jul 27, 2017, 08:19 PM
Airliner Builder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumo004
Just curious, how do you use the ECardmodels plans in your build ?

I'm assuming that you enlarge the pattern, trace it onto the depron, cut it out and roll it as if it were paper ?

The sections seem to go together well and the results are great !

Can you link me to any of your build threads where you show the the enlarged paper patterns ?

Thanks.
You are correct, I build these models just like you build a card model. The rolled sections combined with the foam-cure glue is very strong and only needs a few formers to keep it together.

I simply used the tile scale feature in Adobe PDF.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2017, 08:20 PM
Airliner Builder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Ethan's 175 will be maideing by August 28th, just a prediction.lol
Hot take! Big if true! You should write for ESPN
Jul 27, 2017, 08:23 PM
Airliner Builder
Thread OP
I started covering the horizontal stab and hinged the elevators with thin strips of CA hinge material and white canopy glue.
Jul 29, 2017, 03:36 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy
I started covering the horizontal stab and hinged the elevators with thin strips of CA hinge material and white canopy glue.
Warp-7 progress Ethan! Sweet!
Latest blog entry: RC 737 Max 7 Maiden flight!
Jul 29, 2017, 11:32 PM
Airliner Builder
Thread OP
Started the center section today.

So I tried rolling the HK 3mm foam again...and realized the "grain" is actually cut in the opposite way I'm used too (it's not lengthwise). So to my delight, I can now use all the HK foam I have instead of the precious depron supply.
Aug 05, 2017, 10:07 AM
Your E-jet looks great! I like the way you did the rudder linkage!
Those 50mm fans sounds good! How much do they the weigh?
/Mogge
Aug 09, 2017, 05:14 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Started the center section today.

So I tried rolling the HK 3mm foam again...and realized the "grain" is actually cut in the opposite way I'm used too (it's not lengthwise). So to my delight, I can now use all the HK foam I have instead of the precious depron supply.
Wow! That's some quick progress!

Yup I'm sticking to my August 28th maiden prediction lol.
Aug 17, 2017, 03:46 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
I can't wait to see your latest progress Ethan!
Aug 18, 2017, 11:37 PM
Airliner Builder
Thread OP
Other than spackle and sanding passes on the fuselage, no progress has been made. Two of my flying buddies and I are building 60'' Cessna 150 balsa kits so once I finish covering mine I'll be back on the airliner grind
Aug 19, 2017, 12:44 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Other than spackle and sanding passes on the fuselage, no progress has been made. Two of my flying buddies and I are building 60'' Cessna 150 balsa kits so once I finish covering mine I'll be back on the airliner grind
No complaints here buddy!
Aug 25, 2017, 09:11 PM
Airliner Builder
Thread OP
Last week I drove down to Oregon to experience the total solar eclipse. 87 seconds I'll never forget! Pictures don't do it justice.

As soon as I clear up this desk I can continue on the ERJ and my little 60" Cessna 150
Aug 25, 2017, 09:29 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Last week I drove down to Oregon to experience the total solar eclipse. 87 seconds I'll never forget! Pictures don't do it justice.

As soon as I clear up this desk I can continue on the ERJ and my little 60" Cessna 150
Cool pics Ethan!
Sep 21, 2017, 06:28 PM
Airliner Builder
Thread OP
As most typical builds go, my Cessna 150 project took longer than expected but it is flying now. Which means I'm back to work on the 175.

Im taking my time with the wing so I can get the shape right. The root airfoil has positive incidence built in and this incidence is reduced to zero with the symmetrical airfoil rib at the engine pylon.
Sep 21, 2017, 11:36 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Looking great Ethan! Nice to see this build continuing.
Oct 18, 2017, 07:25 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Ethan, Shannon and I just hopped off an American ERJ-175 from Charleston to Miami, then where taking a A321 to St.Lucia for our honeymoon.

Quick Reply