Graupner Husky 1800S - 71" - RC Groups

Graupner Husky 1800S - 71"

The scale appearance of the Graupner Husky 1800 does not take away from the excellent flying characteristics and docile handling in STOL configuration.

Splash

Get ready for some spectacular short take off and landings!

Whether you fly from grass, dirt, water or snow the Husky 1800 will be airborne in no time just like the full size Aviat Husky.

The included Tundra wheels will ensure smooth take-offs from rugged terrain and with the optional skis or floats you will own a true allrounder airplane that can be flown from different terrain conditions and even at night with the included ultra-bright navigation, strobe and landing lights. If you are into towing sailplanes the included tow assembly mechanics will let you tow sailplanes up to 2 meters in wingspan (requires separate servo).

Husky 1800S (6 min 51 sec)

Made from SOLIDPOR the Husky 1800 has the fit and finish you are used to see from Graupner. The control surfaces are recessed in the wings resulting in a visually appealing look combined with the strength you need to fly your maneuvers and nail down your landings.

Attaching and locking the wings is easy with the proven lock mechanism that requires no screws or tools. This will make the Husky 1800 easy to transport and setup at the field. All you need is a 4S 2200 mAh battery which ensures sufficient thrust and flight time. The Husky 1800 comes with all the electronics installed and all servos are already connected to the control surfaces. Any six-channel radio will be sufficient to operate and fly the airplane.

Features

• Fast and easy assembly
  • Quick wing release mechanism
  • Easy access to battery and equipment
  • Carbon fiber wing joiner
  • Recessed control surfaces for scale appearance
  • All control surfaces are hinged with quality bolted hinges
  • Three multi-color vinyl design schemes
  • Included large tundra wheels
  • Optional skis, floats are sailplane towing
  • Short take-off and landing (STOL)
  • LED lights for navigation, landing and strobe
  • Strong aluminum main landing gear

Specs

• Airplane Type: STOL, Water, Snow, Tow Plane
  • Weight: 2500g | 88 oz.
  • Height: 350 mm | 14 in.
  • Overall length: 1200 mm | 47 in.
  • Wingspan: 1800 mm | 71 in.
  • Difficulty level: Intermediate / Advanced
  • Material: SOLIPOR Riged Foam
  • Type: Almost Ready to Fly (ARF)

Includes

• Husky 1800 with servos, ESC and LED controller
  • Tundra wheels
  • Spinner and Propeller
  • Screws and small parts
  • Decals for three different color designs

Photos

Learn More

Visit the Graupner site to learn more about this bird.

Jul 24, 2017, 09:09 PM
Guess I'll go first. Seems like a nice plane, longer wingspan than the Fun Cub XL but around a pound lighter, and includes working lights. I also like how it comes unpainted and with no decals, blank canvas.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out compared to the Grand Tundra, and least this airplane is available!
Jul 24, 2017, 09:25 PM
Lou
Lou
#define answer_universe 42
It has my interest but I am not sure what I will do. Looks like the plane comes in yellow only and you need to order the color decal sheet you may want for $9.

I want the red scheme but not willing to pay the extra $9 for the sheet. If all decal schemes come with the plane I will very likely buy the plane after I see the reviews.

This plane almost has the looks of something designed by Multiplex, which is owned by the same company that owns Graupner and Hitec.
Jul 25, 2017, 05:08 PM
DFS#000178
For the price I think I'd spend the extra little bit of money and get the CZ Cub or Cessna.

But anyone looking for a Cub-ish plane that's not quite that big, this might be a good option.

I see the Grand Tundra being it's biggest competition, though.
Jul 25, 2017, 05:29 PM
Lou
Lou
Yep .... Grand Tundra would likely be the competitor here. The Graupner Husky 1800 has a greater visual appeal and scale look. Of the two I would go with the Graupner based just on a scale appearance.

Any idea if the Graupner SolidPor foam is similar to Multiplex Elapor or one of the other non beer cooler foams?
Jul 25, 2017, 07:56 PM
Looks like comes with all the decals?

"Decals for three different color designs"
Jul 25, 2017, 08:57 PM
Lou
Lou
Hmmm ... rereading it I think you are correct. I noticed the 'features' part that mentioned the color decals and must have mentally skipped the 'includes' part. I want the tow package and that looks like it only needs a servo. Damm .... gonna have to order this.
Jul 26, 2017, 12:36 AM
Hmmm kinda looks like a hybrid between a Cub and a Decathlon . I like it tho
Jul 26, 2017, 01:04 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxProGT
It's heavily inspired by the Cub. Some might even call the Christen Husky a 'knock-off'. Christen had intended to start up production on the Super Cub again but when that fell through he used the Super Cub as a design template and changed it just enough that it could be type-certified as a new airplane.

He did the same thing with the Christen Eagle, which is basically a home-built Pitts.

I've been thinking about getting the Seagull Husky for a while. I really think it's a great 'Cub-alternative' if you want to be a little bit different.
Jul 26, 2017, 01:55 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
Hmm..Let's see..

I have the:
CZ Cub
CZ Cessna 150
FMS 2m Beaver
Flex Innovations Cessna 170
Art Tech Turbo Porter x 2
Tsiantang (sp?) Cessna 182 1.8m that HK used to sell, and BH still does.

I think I need this Husky. I wish it was 6S, but if the performance is there on 4S, thats fine too. The scale-ish float struts are a nice departure from the usual wire legs, and the overall fidelity looks great. I like that it comes unpainted so I can do my own trim scheme.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Jul 26, 2017, 06:07 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxProGT
My thoughts also. Something about the lines of this plane really appeals to me.

I would have ordered one today but as is standard with GraupnerUSA, they have again failed to put up a downloadable manual or any specs as far as power, servos, ESC, etc. on their site. I did notice the Euro Graupner site shows the plane as not in stock. GraupnerUSA shows them in stock but in the past I have seen the GUSA site have incorrect info for stock. Darn shame Graupner can't be bothered to come to this thread and support their product.

I have made a request of Graupner for more information about the plane.
Jul 26, 2017, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
My thoughts also. Something about the lines of this plane really appeals to me.

I would have ordered one today but as is standard with GraupnerUSA, they have again failed to put up a downloadable manual or any specs as far as power, servos, ESC, etc. on their site. I did notice the Euro Graupner site shows the plane as not in stock. GraupnerUSA shows them in stock but in the past I have seen the GUSA site have incorrect info for stock. Darn shame Graupner can't be bothered to come to this thread and support their product.

I have made a request of Graupner for more information about the plane.
Hi Lou, the manual is available on the Graupner Husky page. Look for the Downloads tab/section https://www.graupnerusa.com/Husky-18...F-13410-1.html
I found via the motor part number some basic details including Kv = 800 rpm/V, which is just what I would expect for a 13x4 on 4S. Sorry I have not added a the links - bit limited on my phone.
Ps, I want a full size one but at $350k + I guess I will have to settle for the model
Jul 26, 2017, 11:03 PM
Lou
Lou
Hey Scirocco .... nope, I still don't see it. I have all ad blockers turned off, accepting cookies, etc. and no link shows up. I checked the Euro site yesterday and the same there...no info at all.
Jul 26, 2017, 11:06 PM
Lou
Lou
Scirocco ... I am gonna have to eat my words. Firefox is crushing that info for some reason. I used IE and the links do come up. I wonder what is going on with my FF installation? It might be that GUSA is using amazonaws and my firewall is blocking it for some reason. GUSA should be using their own server anyway.
Jul 27, 2017, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
Scirocco ... I am gonna have to eat my words. Firefox is crushing that info for some reason. I used IE and the links do come up. I wonder what is going on with my FF installation? It might be that GUSA is using amazonaws and my firewall is blocking it for some reason. GUSA should be using their own server anyway.
Yep, the manual url is https://s3.amazonaws.com/graupner.ma...E_EN_FR_IT.pdf

Looks like the two versions are 13410.100 motor esc and 7 servos installed and 13410 motor& ESC only installed. I guess that makes power system easy but an unnecessary expense for those of us who have suitable motors in the workshop

Recommended bits

Rx Ready accessories
Pcs. Description No.
1 Receiver GR-16 HOTT 33508
1 LiPo 4/2200 14,8V 78122.4
1 mx-16 33116.77
1 DES 488 BB MG 7919
1 Husky 1800S ski set 13410.43
1 Husky 1800 floaters set 13410.44

Additional to No 13410
Pcs. Description No.
1 Motor 13410.81 Motor 800KV 12 Pole 14,8V | Graupner 13410.81
1 BRUSHLESS CONTROL + T 45 XT-60 33745.XT60
1 Servo extension cables 0,3 sqmm, 200 mm S8170
2 DES 587 BB MG 7932 Perhaps equivalent to Hyperion DS-13
5 DES 488 BB MG 7919 perhaps equivalent to Hyperion DS-11

At least there's a chance Graupner USA will have stock sometime - I wouldn't be surprised if it never makes it to my neck of the woods