USS Nimitz 1:200 ARTR - RC Groups

USS Nimitz 1:200 ARTR

An accurate scale model of the USS Nimitz nuclear powered aircraft carrier which was commissioned in 1972. This unit is handcrafted and assembled using CNC processing to replicate the model as originally as possible.

Splash

USS Nimitz Graupner

This is an accurate scale model of the USS Nimitz nuclear powered aircraft carrier which was commissioned in 1972. The Graupner USS Nimitz is one of our Premium Line of historical ships that arrives Almost Ready to Run. The motors and rudder servo are already placed, and only the radio and electrical system need be installed before the boat is water-ready. For reliability and performance, we highly recommend a Graupner radio such as the mc-16 which provides real-time telemetry information of the condition of your ship.

USS Nimitz Graupner Super Premium (1 min 40 sec)

The Graupner Premium Line ships are carefully handcrafted and assembled using CNC processing to replicate the model as originally as possible. The hull is made from molded GRP complemented by the superstructure and deck which are constructed from laser-cut ABS parts. Many of the small items are made from metal, and almost everything is factory-assembled. The hull, parts of the superstructure, the masts and fittings are spray painted using semi-matt paints. Decals are already applied. With so many details and scale fittings, the Premium Line ships all have an impressive scale appearance.

The USS Nimitz can be further enhanced and expanded with a variety of Graupner expansion modules such as lights, sounds and operating radars with our Nautic modules.

USS Nimitz is the Navy’s oldest and finest aircraft carrier!

Features

• Almost ready-to-run (ARTR) model
  • GRP hull
  • Superstructure made from laser-cut ABS parts
  • Decks made from laser-cut wooden parts
  • Details and small parts made from metal
  • Fine detailing
  • Airplanes and deck ornaments included
  • Semi-matt colors
  • Four built-in SPEED 400 class electric motors
  • Simple installation of the RC components

Photos

Learn More

Visit the Graupner site to get more information!

Jul 24, 2017, 10:25 AM
Mmm, tugs...
$1480, not bad considering. Should be 5-1/2 feet long.

I'd want to see inside, and verify that they installed the prop shafts correctly...

Last edited by patmat2350; Jul 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM.
Jul 25, 2017, 11:33 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Hope they offer a MEATBALL upgrade....
Jul 25, 2017, 05:21 PM
I took a chance and purchased the Graupner 1/48 HMS Bluebell, a WW2 corvette. The build is really quite nice, but exceptionally fragile. The internals are spot on and nicely laid out and accessible. I found two things to beef about, first, the instructions were very scanty. They recommended a 7.2 volt pack for power. Not having one, I used a 6 volt SLA, The ESC has it's own BEC, which I used. At 6 volts, she does approximately 5 times scale speed, a tad excessive. can't imagine her on 7.2 volts. Also I found the rudder swinging an easy 45 degrees,, so excessive as to slow her down during hard over turns. Easy to fix. Next I found a number of pinhole leaks in the hull. All along the bilge keels. The hull is a VERY thin layup. Careful tank testing, and being prepared to do some patch work is advised. Over all, for the price, I could not have built it for the same amount.
Jul 25, 2017, 08:48 PM
Just Limin'
I saw this on the Graupner site. I just ordered the Queen Mary 2. Should arrive Monday according to the shipping tracker. This was tempting for the same price, but had to have the QM 2.

Scott
Jul 30, 2017, 09:37 PM
Culper Junior
Patmat was right on....I emailed Graupner about the length and received a reply it is 68" long.
Jul 31, 2017, 08:12 AM
Webmaster, MMCNE
Is it just me, or does the model look rather "toy like" when run at that high speed shown in the first part of the video? I think it looks much better (more majestic) in the water near the end of the video, when the throttle was dialed back a bit......
Jul 31, 2017, 09:05 AM
Mmm, tugs...
That's always a problem with scale boats (and their operators)... ease up a bit, it's not a race.
Otoh, watching most real ships move at normal speed ain't exactly breath-taking...
Aug 03, 2017, 06:13 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
i purchased the graupner bismark a few years back. really a beautifully detailed ship, although the deck is quite fragile with this type of detail so it takes calm steady hands when handling. the inside is laid out clean and tidy with 3 drive lines. ship has about 15# of padded removeable ballast if I remember. I run a single esc with a cooling fan powered by a separate life. motor powered by 2s, 10,000mah lipos which rest center middle length of hull for easy removal. the ship is really quite a scale sight to be seen and commands attention at the ponds.

Graupner Bismarck (0 min 55 sec)
Aug 03, 2017, 08:42 AM
Submarines, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
$1480, not bad considering. Should be 5-1/2 feet long.

I'd want to see inside, and verify that they installed the prop shafts correctly...

from graupner's site:

Q: What is the exact length of this model?
Asked by: Aeronca52 - 7/29/2017
A: The USS Nimitz is 68 inches long.
Aug 05, 2017, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
i purchased the graupner bismark a few years back. really a beautifully detailed ship, although the deck is quite fragile with this type of detail so it takes calm steady hands when handling. the inside is laid out clean and tidy with 3 drive lines. ship has about 15# of padded removeable ballast if I remember. I run a single esc with a cooling fan powered by a separate life. motor powered by 2s, 10,000mah lipos which rest center middle length of hull for easy removal. the ship is really quite a scale sight to be seen and commands attention at the ponds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyMIuSMNsow
We need to get together to run our boats
Aug 10, 2017, 09:36 AM
Holy moly! Would love something like this. But at £1140, I could never spare such money, haha!