Sonicmodell AR Wing 900mm FPV Flying Wing - RC Groups
Jul 23, 2017, 08:27 PM
my RC. Your info
Discussion

Sonicmodell AR Wing 900mm FPV Flying Wing

Halloa people

I just came across this new 900 FPV wing from Soicmodell.. It's product name is 'AR Wing' and has a 900mm wingspan. Looking at the pictures the Sky Shadow Reptile 820mm wing comes to mind. This is offcourse Allso a flying wing, and is made out of black foam.. I do think however they are quite different wings..

Link to this new Sonicmodell wing: AR Wing 900mm PNP version
There is allso a kit version: AR Wing 900mm KIT version

I have not ordered this new wing myself yet, but I might.. Offcourse I'd invite everyone (owners & pilots who are interested) to post your thoughts & experiences with the plane in this topic..

Some pictures:

From the looks of it this one seems more like a sports / sightseeing plane then an FPV racer, where the Reptile 820 would be nice to do races with (IMHO).. What do you think??
I don't see a dedicated spot the the FPV transmitter in the pictures by the way...

Some specs:
Wingspan: 900mm(35.43")
Length: 482mm(18.97")
Flying Speed: 10km/h - 80+km/h
Motor: 2204 2200kv(Shaft Diameter: 5mm)
ESC: 20A 2-3s(XT60 connector)
Servo: 2pcs 9g digital servo
Propeller: 6x3 ( 5-6" multirotor props also compatible)
Last edited by DutchRC; Jul 23, 2017 at 08:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2017, 12:40 PM
my RC. Your info
Small update: I did end up pre-ordering this wing

The weird thing however is: it's current status at BG is 'coming soon' but mine Has shipped by now
Aug 01, 2017, 02:38 PM
Dutch,

Interesting wing. I also saw this a few days ago and wondered what it would be like. It looks to be a cross between the Reptile Skyshadow and a TBS Caipirinha. Hopefully it is as tough of EPP as the Reptile wing and flies better than the Caipirinha did. I like the look of it and looks like it has a fairly thin airfoil and may be efficient?

Keep us in the loop on how this one performs. I would have ordered but the price is a little too steep for an unknown.
Aug 01, 2017, 03:01 PM
my RC. Your info
Offcourse I will.. Hope to get it in shortly

I saw 1 Short flight video in which this AR Wing looked very fast, so yep.. looks like a more efficient airfoil (compared to the Reptile)
Aug 06, 2017, 08:12 AM
my RC. Your info
And.. there we go! My first thoughts on the new AR Wing 900!

DutchRC - The SonicModell AR WING 900! - EPP FPV (racing) Wing - Show & Tell (20 min 13 sec)
Aug 13, 2017, 06:06 PM
my RC. Your info
Howdy people

regretably I still don't have my FPV cam (Runcam Swift 2) in for this plane, But I did toss it up for a maiden flight today
It's not all roses, but it does fly pretty nicely

Here are my findings so far:

DutchRC - MAIDEN FLIGHT with The SonicModell AR WING 900! - EPP FPV (racing) Wing :) (8 min 30 sec)
Sep 03, 2017, 06:36 PM
my RC. Your info
Okee.. so it's an FPV wing.. right? Let's do some actually FPV flying with it then!
The FPV gear I used for this wing:
+ Camera: Runcam Swift 2 (so with OSD)
+ VTX: Eachine TX526 5.8Ghz VTX (excellent! )

And here we go!

DutchRC - FPV Maiden of The SonicModell AR WING 900! :D (Runcam Swift 2 + Eachine TX526) (13 min 14 sec)
Nov 12, 2017, 08:11 AM
Just ordered mine (Kit version) anyone has replaced the stock motor for a racing one? Im looking at the T-motor 2205 2300kv but not sure. Any inputs??
Dec 31, 2017, 01:26 PM
I recently purchased the AR Wing before I knew of the existence of the RMRC Recruit. It appears to be the same product minus the stabilizer circuit. I would have bought the RMRC version and wish I had seen it first because I really would like to have that feature, so I ordered a replacement stabilizer board from RMRC. I received the board with zero instructions and I cannot find a manual for the board or the Recruit itself online. Since there is a PNP version of the recruit I assume there exists some instructions as to how to connect the stabilizer to your RX and setup your TX, which is all I need. There are some markings on the board so I could probably eventually figure it out but I would like to confirm my ideas before using trial and error and possibly screwing something up. Does anyone have a link for a manual for the Recruit?

Thanks.
Apr 12, 2018, 12:54 AM

Final recomendations before ordering.

please delete
Last edited by cswann821; Apr 12, 2018 at 10:28 AM.
Apr 17, 2018, 07:53 AM
Hi All,
Here is a video of me flying my AR Wing 900 LOS. This is a very stable wing.
Would be very nice for FPV set up as well.
Have reinforced the leading edges with carbon fiber strips and gorilla tape. Taped elevons with 3M Blenderm.
INAV 1.8.0 flashed on SPF3Mini
Enjoy.
Regards,
AeroR
AR WING 900 (8 min 50 sec)

Quick Reply