This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2017, 08:12 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Project C-47 Rescue: The Latest!

It's taken a month of fairly steady work, but the repair/refinish of the HobbyKing DC-3 I'd reviewed for RCGroups is advancing nicely.

As of this writing, I've laid down and sanded two coats of primer since completing the repairs, filling and sealing the model. Summer heat is a problem; despite the Polycrylic sealer, the EPO bubbled up in places very quickly when I was working outside. I've fixed the bubbled areas and I'll be doing the final coat(s) of primer one part at a time - and very quickly!

I'm sharing the mocked-up model and the fantastic Callie Graphics decals. A few more detailing decals are on their way from beautiful New Mexico and it won't be long before I'm ready to wet sand the primer - and apply the paint!

Pictured as well is the DC-3/C-47 cockpit kit from Park Flyer Plastics. Owner Keith Sparks has an assembly and painting thread posted here at RCG which I'll use to paint and assemble my kit. I ordered a couple of dummy radial engines from PFP, but per my recent entry in the classifieds, I'm looking for at least one intact cowl to replace the one whose "engine" was damaged in the crash.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Jul 26, 2017 at 08:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply