This thread is privately moderated by rclad, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2017, 04:40 PM
My best days are screw ups.
Thread OP
Discussion

RC Art

Art is arguably a very subjective field. What captures the imagination of one person may be of no interest to another. Art can be as ephemeral as the moment it portrays.

I'm not a photographer, nor consider myself an artist, but I have an interest in both. Out of the thousands of photos I have taken over the years, only a few stand out in my eye. Because it is so difficult, especially when the subject is moving fast, I'm always impressed when someone captures a good photo, even if the subject is mundane.

Here are a few of my favorite photos that I have taken. They may not reach the level of "art", but they capture for me some element that makes this hobby both inspiring and captivating.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2017, 04:58 PM
My best days are screw ups.
Thread OP

The Art of the Photoshop

I rarely use Photoshop on any photos I take. But after taking my little Extra to an IMAC contest last year, where most pilots were flying 30-42% scale planes, I decided to have a little fun.

I've posted the results in My Hangar on this blog. Here, next to the touched up photo, is the original. I never touched the plane itself, just removed details that gave away its true size. I could have done a better job. There are repetitions that give it away, but overall I was pleased.

It's always fun to dream....

Quick Reply