Just released:

Husky 1800S (6 min 51 sec)

More details here.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2017, 06:00 PM
Lou
Lou
Closed Account
1) is it really in stock at GraupnerUSA?

2) is there a downloadable manual? I would like to take a look at it first.

3) What servos are being used?

4) What are the specs for the motor and ESC?

5) Does it come with all 4 colour decal sheets?

6) Manal says ESC is good for 5 servos. Are the flaps on a 'Y' harness?

Would have ordered one today had I had the above information.

Thanks
Last edited by Lou; Jul 26, 2017 at 11:19 PM.
Oct 25, 2017, 10:46 AM
Fire Marshall Bill
Not seeing a lot of discussion of this offering. Anyone flying it?
Oct 25, 2017, 09:55 PM
Well, we sold quite a bit and about to receive a new shipment.

Hope all are having fun!
Nov 09, 2017, 04:01 PM
will the skis fit the timber
Jan 19, 2018, 01:01 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
Dear Graupner/OH

Can you provide some detail on how the landing gear mounting structure is secured with-in the fuse? I have badly bent the gear strut, and one brass axle, and partially pulled the mounting structure out. There appears to be no internal access to this area. I can press the mount back into place and glue the foam, but obviously the plywood structure is no longer attached. Perhaps drop in a fair amount of Gorilla Glue on the plywood I can see and let in expand to lock it in place?

Incidentally, the damage occurred when I pancaked into muddy grass during the maiden. Setup was as recommended, but I found the plane WAY to sensitive to elevator input, and perhaps tail heavy in the way it was controllable. Also, neutral elevator had it climbing to the moon on take off (no flaps). When repaired, I will try 50% rate and 30% expo, as well as set CG at 75 rather the 82.
Jan 24, 2018, 10:39 AM
Fire Marshall Bill
Crickets.......................................... ..................
Apr 14, 2018, 10:07 AM
Fire Marshall Bill

Towing?

Has anyone tried towing with the Husky yet? Ive mounted the servo, and the release seems pretty trick. Im thinking of towing a banner or flag around the field on 4th of July or AMA Day. Never done it tho. What can be expected from the interaction on the Husky's flight performance?
Apr 14, 2018, 11:18 AM
Towing a 2m sailplane should be no issue although you will have to keep the power up. If the sailplane pilot knows how to fly behind a tow plane all should be fine.

I have not tried towing a banner. It should be possible although it has lots of more drag. The way the banner deploys and keeps itself level during flight has to do with the way the banner holder is designed.

There should be plenty of of information online that shows how others have done it.

Quick Reply