This thread is privately moderated by dmrcflyr2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2017, 06:57 AM
Cat Man
Thread OP
Discussion

My Rotary Valve Engines

Rotary valve engines are somewhat of an oddity in the glow engine world. For whatever reason they really did not take off and few manufacturers ever made them. I have acquired several over the last few years and they are engines I will never part with. The first is a Webra T4 60 engine. As fate would have it this is the second one in a very short span that I have had my hands on. The first was a subscribers engine for runs and video making only. The second one featured here is now my own. A really awesome RCG member offered it to me as a trade. I gladly traded my Saito FA-180 for his Webra T4 60. Funny think is we both had very little, comparatively speaking, invested in these engines.

The second rotary valve engine is a bit more common. It is the HP 49VT. Originally manufactured in Austria by HP, it was bought out by the MECOA company. I am not sure if the current production units from MECOA, or ones manufactured under there ownership, still say Made in Austria on them or not. I would like to believe the one I have is a genuine Austrian made engine. I bought this engine over a year ago and it has been that long since I ran it last too. I hope to work this engine into the run cycle very soon. Better yet I would love to find an airplane that will allow me to switch between these two engines so they can both get some airtime. Let me add, this is the ONLY engine in my current collection that I have never disassembled or removed a single screw on also.

Here is the last run of my 49VT.
HP 49 VT on Control Line fuel (4 min 10 sec)

The disassembly and cleaning of the Webra T4 60
Webra T4 60 A Look Inside Part 1 (11 min 51 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply