Nov 17, 2019, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus the 2nd
I had to buy the ARF version since the PnP was out of stock at that moment.

The FMS inrunner is known to have more efficiency than the Freewing outrunner, resulting in around 1 min more flying time

with my FMS (whiny) inrunner in this plane I have 5:30 minutes (5000mAh) and even 6:30 minutes (6600mAh) with some throttle management of course

One of my friends at the club owns the FMS Hawk, it has the same setup as my FW Skyhawk but he has a whoosh sound where I have the whine ...
Man, you've either got an imbalance problem or resonance issue. Sounds like classic 1 x rpm whine to me.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2019, 02:04 PM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bateman
Man, you've either got an imbalance problem or resonance issue. Sounds like classic 1 x rpm whine to me.
yeah, I changed the motor and the whine stays, so it's up to the shroud/rotor/spinner or fuse ...
Nov 17, 2019, 03:33 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek
Better yet, learn how to make RC plane vids

https://youtu.be/sYaGgueOwGY
I am sorry but to me this is not a good RC video. This is a very nice video for the general public who want to listen to music and watch a couple of planes. A good RC video is NOT edited, has NO music and you can hear everything first hand - including all the glitches and how things work out.
Latest blog entry: ESC and BEC Steup
Nov 17, 2019, 04:40 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
yep, those would have worked just dandy but it turns out there are a handful of others I discovered my dad flew with and each have some unique history with... it was hard to chose actually but after wrestling with which squadron for too long with I finally decided on the squadron my dad earned his sliver star flying the A-4E with VA-155 while assigned to the USS Constellation in 1966... I should get my decals next week and will get to it over the Thanksgiving weekend, I can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death350z
Callie already made up an kit for VMA-223....just saying.
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Nov 17, 2019 at 04:50 PM.
Nov 18, 2019, 08:15 AM
Fly as high as the sun
Nobody flying a FW A-4 Skyhawk with the FMS 80mm EDF unit installed ? would like to hear/see a vid for a sound comparison
Nov 18, 2019, 09:00 AM
I did on my second, No noticeable increase in power

Quote:
Nobody flying a FW A-4 Skyhawk with the FMS 80mm EDF unit installed ? would like to hear/see a vid for a sound comparison
Nov 18, 2019, 01:03 PM
Phone's ringing dude...
Quote:
I just received 2 of these new units with the 2100kv motors. Going to put one in the Scooter and one in the MiG 21. Might be a while before I actually fly them though.
Nov 18, 2019, 02:30 PM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogietrim
I just received 2 of these new units with the 2100kv motors. Going to put one in the Scooter and one in the MiG 21. Might be a while before I actually fly them though.
I also bought a complete FMS EDF unit 80mm with the 2100kv inrunner. The plastic of the housing is different than before, it's a lot softer.

I tested this setup on the ground as well, and it's SUPERQUIET all whoosh with a perfect balance, you'll love it ! I'll run that setup in my Freewing Mig-21
Nov 18, 2019, 03:05 PM
All aboard Flight 666
Where are you guys buying these pros?

Fms direct?
Nov 18, 2019, 03:26 PM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
Where are you guys buying these pros?

Fms direct?
I ordered mine at banggood but they are out of stock now, it was advertized as the 2000kv version, but I got the pro 2100kv version

you can find the pros easily at aliexpress shops and rc castle sells them as well

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=8142
Nov 18, 2019, 03:28 PM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogietrim
just installed the 2100kv pro version unit in my A-4 Skyhawk, will make a similar sound recording like I did in my last vid

test tomorrow afternoon, will report back
Nov 18, 2019, 06:07 PM
Phone's ringing dude...
Quote:
just installed the 2100kv pro version unit in my A-4 Skyhawk, will make a similar sound recording like I did in my last vid

test tomorrow afternoon, will report back
Looking forward to hearing about the results.

I got mine from Amazon.
Nov 19, 2019, 01:31 PM
Fly as high as the sun

new FMS 80mm EDF pro v2 (2100kv) installed

http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-80mm-duc...0-motor-pro-v2

hear for yourself

Freewing A-4 Skyhawk with FMS 80mm pro v2 EDF unit (1 min 28 sec)
Nov 19, 2019, 02:04 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Sounds good from here! Imagine that....all the way across the Big Pond.
Nov 19, 2019, 02:40 PM
Ah yes, that is a lot better.

Quick Reply