RFU w/flight controller - RC Groups
Jul 22, 2017, 05:27 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Discussion

RFU w/flight controller

I am building a tarot 650 sport with a pixhawk controller. The question is, can the XPS RFU be plugged directly into the controller without going through the 10x expander? (I would expect that the controller acts somewhat like the 10x. ) I have changed the RFU output to SBUS in to comply with the controller requirement . Seemingly the RFU connects to the Tx as the LED turns green on power up, but it doesn't stay green. In a few seconds it turns orange. I'm confused with the orange LED. ........ Anyone??? As always I am sure I am overlooking something. I am also sure Jim has addressed the orange LED in another thread.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2017, 05:33 PM
Yes, you can use the RFU directly. It can output a variety of protocols that the PixHawk can accept (PPM, SBUS, and Spektrum).

Orange means that you have a low power problem, the voltage is dropping below 4.5v.
Jul 23, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, you can use the RFU directly. It can output a variety of protocols that the PixHawk can accept (PPM, SBUS, and Spektrum).

Orange means that you have a low power problem, the voltage is dropping below 4.5v.
Thanks Jim. I thought that was the case but was not sure. I did change the out put to SBUS before installation. The low voltage must be the power module included with Pixhawk.
Jul 23, 2017, 10:53 AM
Yeah, it actually draws a lot of power so you need to power it properly.
Jul 23, 2017, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yeah, it actually draws a lot of power so you need to power it properly.
When I use the flight battery the RFU LED remains green.
Jul 23, 2017, 06:54 PM
Good. You want it to be green.