Dec 06, 2018, 08:36 PM
Mike Wiz is working on a re-purposed DLG and Larry Markey added flaps to a Great Planes Tori for TALES. Both very inexpensive options. I think I might want to try a Tori myself.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2018, 08:39 PM
oops forgot to attach these photos
May 27, 2021, 05:52 AM

What happened to tales

Was tales dropped i see no more post
May 28, 2021, 04:26 AM
Tailspin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird nut
Was tales dropped i see no more post
At least in our club we are still flying it but without promotion I have not seen much happening around the rest of the country. It's quite a shame as I still think it is one of the best formats for thermal duration I have seen. The combination of F3K tasks and regular thermal duration using more inexpensive equipment just makes a lot of sense and the contest we have had have been absolutely fun and challenging. One of the facts s that the F5K group started out using our concept but already had a very large contingent of flyers and adding another plane size was not as appealing as using the same size plane and the same rules almost.

In the past I would have done an awful lot more promotion but my physical condition and age has forced me to back off a lot and the things I love to do. No one else has taken up the mantle of promoting the format so that's why the event has not seen much interest in the last year.
May 28, 2021, 05:33 AM
We had a writeup on RCgroups about TALES a few months ago:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lplane-Contest

Quick Reply