Boldclash Bwhoop B-03 PRO (WIP) - RC Groups
Jul 22, 2017, 05:41 AM
Mini-Review

Boldclash Bwhoop B-03 PRO (WIP)

Disclaimer (inspired from SP) Product specifications and quality may vary at the manufacturer's discretion, and are beyond my influence. I cannot guarantee you will get a product that performs exactly the same as seen and described in this review. Please, no savage affiliate links! By the way, in contracdiction with some other reviewers, I open a new mini-review thread ONLY when I have the machine in hand ....

INTRODUCTION

In the valse of the TinyWhoop models, in order to gain some thrust while keeping the same dimension, one way of course is to save some weight but an alternative is to install stronger motors. The Boldclash B-03 was the first to install some 0716 motors into a TinyWhoop chassis then came the Eachine E011. Boldclash is now introducing the Bwhoop B-03 Pro version. Here bye-bye the altitude hold (really incompatible with FPV applications) and hello to some stronger 0716 motors announced to be 64000RPM. The other element remains the same: a flexible EDF/ducted chassis, 32mm quadriblade props, a propriatery FC. Let's discover this bundle.

BOX CONTENT

+ 1 x Boldclash Bwhoop B-03 Pro
+ 1 x Transmitter (using 3xAAA batteries not included)
+ 1 x 1S 260mAh/35C LiPo with JST-PH connector (2mm of pitch)
+ 1 x USB charging cable
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 1 x Screwdriver
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English/chinese)

OVERVIEW

The chassis remains the same than the original B-03 with translucide EDF/ducted prop system relatively flexible to absorbe easily crashes.
Installed on top, a relatively flat top canopy element latterally clipsed. You can directly tape a AIO FPV camera on it if you want.

-Front view

A good point for LOS flight, front and rear props have different color, gray and black respectively.

With the battery installed

-Side view

No visible connectors... just to small clips where you can attach/detach the top canopy structure

-Upper view

-Bottom view

Good news, the SWD port is still here like for the original B-03 machine. Minor change, you don't need anymore a 4 position JST-SH connector but a 3 ways model right now. You can plug directly a ST-link2 programmer via the GND, SWDIO, SWCLK pins.

Motors can be easily replaced since connectors are here.

-Weight

30.2g in total... so close to be 30% more heavier than classic TW with 0615 motors.

Motors and props

0716 coreless brushed motors boosted to 64000 RPM

LiPo

A strong 260mAh 1S LiPo 35C!!. Without any FPV camera, you can expect more than 6min of flight time.

Disassembling

A XN297LBW 2.4G RFchip is installed. Good news, the radio protocol remains the same using the so-called "Bayang" protocol already deviated.

There is a port with a 3 pin connector. The two pins from the left can be used to plug directly the Boldclash F-08 new AIO FPV DVR camera.

Transmitter

3x AAA bateries are required to feed the transmitter. Ni-Mh AAA batteries are working with the transmitter. A basic compact radio with relatively small sticks but good news, you can have relatively precize controls with this radio to fly in tiny spaces.

A small originality introduced with the pro version, if you long press the top right shoulder button, you can turn on the "load" mode. in theory, it should boost motors to carry an extra payload associated for example with an AIO FPV camera. In practice, I didn't see a big difference with or without this mode.

To set the headless reference, push both sticks in lower left (slow red flash). To calibrate gyroscopes, push them in lower right (fast red flash)

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS AND FPV TESTING

As mentioned earlier, it's direct to plug the the F-08 module via the female 1.25mm microJST connector. The total weight with the camera, the double side tape and microSD card exceed just a bit 34g....

I was worried to take off with the extra load ... but in practice no problem. It hovers from 50% of throttle input. When controlled with a DeviationTX compatible radio, it's super precise ... . The machine is not fast ... so be aware outdoors especially in windy conditions. The control range is good even with the original radio. You can cross easily all the house and a garden. any drop out reported. With the 260mAh LiPo, I was positively surprize to report 4min of flight time in average with the F-08 AIO FPV DVR camera. The FPV signal is also good in term of range... If you need absoluptly the acro flight mode, you can still flash the SilverXX opensource firmware according to this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ource-firmware

Boldclash Bwhoop B-03 Pro unboxing analysis and FPV testing (Courtesy Boldclash) (17 min 18 sec)

CONCLUSIONS

The main advantage of the Bwhoop B-03 pro is main probably its capacity to carry easily 5-6 extra grams without sacrifying flight time. The machine is cheap, can be connected with directly with the F-08 camera, DeviationTX ready and can be flashed with an opensource firmware to enjoy acro mode.

PROS

+ 0716/64000 RPM brushed motors
+ Can carry 6g easily
+ Plug & play with the Boldclash F-08 AIO FPV-DVR camera
+ 4min of flight time with the FPV-DVR F-08 camera
+ DeviationTX compatible (Bayang protocol)
+ Compatible with the B-03 opensource Firmware "silverxx"
+ Good radio control range (> 50m)
+ Bicolor props for LOS flights

CONS

- No acro mode
- No CF/BF compatibility
- Not wind resistant
- No fast forward

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Boldclash in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 17USD at http://www.boldclash.com/boldclash-b...drone-p92.html
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Jul 23, 2017 at 04:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2017, 05:42 AM
reserved
Jul 23, 2017, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the review. How does this compare to the Eachine E011 for FPV? I'm considering whether to splurge on the B03 Pro or the E011... It looks as if they take the same batteries too?
Jul 23, 2017, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarpenter
Thanks for the review. How does this compare to the Eachine E011 for FPV? I'm considering whether to splurge on the B03 Pro or the E011... It looks as if they take the same batteries too?
You have slightly more powerfull motors for the B-03 pro (64000rpm/60000rpm), a better/larger radio too... Yes same 260mAh LiPo with same type of connector
Jul 23, 2017, 03:59 AM
Thanks for a great review.
I have this and it's great.
Acro can be achieved with silverware to fly like this, then wind is not so much of a problem.
Indoor acro flying with Boldclash bwhoop b03 and akk bs2 camera (2 min 45 sec)

Instructions here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ource-firmware
It's the same fw for b03 and b03 pro
My review
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...B03-PRO-review
Jul 23, 2017, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
You have slightly more powerfull motors for the B-03 pro (64000rpm/60000rpm), a better/larger radio too... Yes same 260mAh LiPo with same type of connector
I've been using a Furibee F36 & the issue hasn't been the motors so much as the pitch isn't enough to fight the wind or pick up enough horizontal speed.

Does the B03 Pro have the same pitch as the E011, enough to pick up enough horizontal speed?

Can acro mode be achieved using the stock controller, or do I need a Taranis/etc?

Thanks.
Jul 23, 2017, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarpenter
I've been using a Furibee F36 & the issue hasn't been the motors so much as the pitch isn't enough to fight the wind or pick up enough horizontal speed.

Does the B03 Pro have the same pitch as the E011, enough to pick up enough horizontal speed?

Can acro mode be achieved using the stock controller, or do I need a Taranis/etc?

Thanks.
Don't knwo for the E011 pitch comparaison ..... but I found the B-03 pro a bit slow mainly to target tiny spaces indoors flights

If you flash the silverXX non-devo firmware, AFAIK, yes you switch between acro/stabilized flight modes via a radio gesture sequence
Jul 24, 2017, 05:46 AM
BWhoop B03 PRO Review and FPV camera capabilities (9 min 29 sec)
Aug 25, 2017, 10:25 AM

Boldclash BWhoop B03 Pro FPV Drone Flight Test Review

It's very easy to turn this cheap micro drone into a Whoop flier. Just plug a AIO camera (I used the F-08) into its included camera plug.

and here is its flight demonstration
Boldclash BWhoop B03 Pro FPV Drone Flight Test Review (16 min 24 sec)
'

Pros
- Cheap micro quadcopter, but powerful enough to lift and power a FPV camera.
- Quadcopter includes a built-in camera plug enabling adding a FPV camera with no soldering required.
- Included 3.7V 260mah 35C battery easily powers the quadcopter, camera, and its DVR. It gives close to 4 1/2 minutes flight time powering all three.
- Optional F08 camera includes a built-in DVR enabling recording of your flight video.

Cons
- Adding the F-08 camera does increase the weight of the quadcopter. You'll notice vortex ring state (VRS) settling if you descend to quickly.
- Not very wind resistant in its stock state.
- High rate does provide a lot of speed. But its yaw rate is also high, making somewhat twitchy turns.
Aug 26, 2017, 02:32 AM
Thanks for your adding Q101
Sep 24, 2017, 01:38 AM
bwhoop official camera and stuff (11 min 4 sec)
Sep 24, 2017, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
I just got the same yesterday I've reviewed the camera https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ed-acro-flying and will be reviewing the charger soon but in short both are very useful and easy to use, the camera fits the b03 and supposedly the upcoming b06 but also all the usual whoop type quads too.
The charge charges to either 4.2v or 4.35 and can be set to any charge rate from 0.1 to 1.0 amps in .1 stages, it also has a usb charger output of up to 2.4amps. takes a lipo or a power supply up to 17v so 2 to 4s lipo.
I think boldclash have made some nice gear here.
Charger http://www.boldclash.com/boldclash-p...lack-p129.html
Camera http://www.boldclash.com/boldclash-b...16mm-p128.html
Sep 24, 2017, 02:02 AM
To add to above some onboard fpv video with the f02 camera , I made some gates with drinking straws to get some practice in ( I need it ) when it's rainy outside...
Testing the boldclash f02 aio fpv camera to fit directly on a whoop flying though drinking straw gat (2 min 17 sec)
Sep 24, 2017, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
To add to above some onboard fpv video with the f02 camera , I made some gates with drinking straws to get some practice in ( I need it ) when it's rainy outside...
https://youtu.be/ekP4LKsUiWA
Thanks for you feedback Definitively the B03 pro is a pretty good TinyWhoop clone. I just received the B06-06 AIO camera module compatible with the genuine inductrix and their future B06 (brushless)....
Sep 24, 2017, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Thanks for you feedback Definitively the B03 pro is a pretty good TinyWhoop clone. I just received the B06-06 AIO camera module compatible with the genuine inductrix and their future B06 (brushless)....
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it as you have a lot more experience reviewing these things than me!
I'm also looking forward to the future b06 brushless , I am hoping there are some improvements over the b05 ..

Quick Reply