Power supply for standalone microsensors - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 21, 2017, 04:42 PM
ı ɐɯ uoɹɯɐן
Discussion

Power supply for standalone microsensors

Just delivered and waiting for me to get home are the v4 altimeter and v3 airspeed microsensors and I am not an electronics guy. If it's the only unused port, can the Bind port of a Spektrum Rx be safely used to power these sensors?

Edit: One sensor at a time, not two powered off the same port.

Edit: But, in case I want to use both sensors and only the Bind port is free, can they both be safely powered from one port?
Last edited by Curtis in Texas; Jul 21, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2017, 01:58 AM
The sensor are designed be be connected to a normal servo port when used in stand alone mode.
So if the bind port is connected to the servo power rail, (which I think it is because I think you can power the receiver from the bind port), then it should be ok.
Using your multimeter check the continuity between the bind ports power and gnd pins to a servos power and gnd pins.
Geoff
Jul 22, 2017, 10:20 AM
No bounce, No play.
Bind/Dataport on Spektrum Rx's is parallel to other ports. Will work fine. Just like it powers TM.
Aug 26, 2017, 09:36 PM
ı ɐɯ uoɹɯɐן
Sorry guys, I completely forgot I started this thread but thanks so much for the replies / info.

It didn't take long for me to figure out that since I swap planes often during the day, snaking a power lead from top-side main batt compartment (only place large enough to carry altimeter) to bottom-side Rx location, I needed to power the microsensor off it's own batt.