ESM P-51B Mustnag - Wing Joining Question: - RC Groups
Jul 21, 2017, 04:24 PM
"Go Fast & Turn Left".......
Discussion

ESM P-51B Mustnag - Wing Joining Question:

HI guys,

I have a quick , and almost possibly comical question:

When joining the wing halves together there is a template to line up the alignment dowels in each wing half. Now up until now since the instructions are a little vague at times, I have been thinking that the template as shown in the manual was to be glued in place between the 2 wing halves for added strength. But now I am not so sure. Can anyone confirm that the plywood template belongs in there sandwiched between the two wing halves for added strength or not?

Thanks Ed
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2017, 07:02 PM
Scale Builder
Impossible to know for sure based on the very vague instructions but my interpretation is that the template is simply for locating and drilling the holes and nothing more. There would be little strength gained by gluing in the 2mm ply rib. My .02 cents anyway.
Oct 31, 2017, 11:26 PM
Bobby of Maui
Hay Ed,
I have built several ESM fighters and all I ever did was use the template for the alignment drilling. Thats it...and after you epoxy the wing half's together...you no longer have a use for it. I just tossed mine into a box of wood to use may be later on.
Soft Landings Always,
Bob