Spektrum DX6e to DX20 Public Beta Released - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 21, 2017, 04:13 PM
Discussion

Spektrum DX6e to DX20 Public Beta Released

I just enabled a Public Beta release of Spektrum Airware version 1.20 for all the "G2" radios - DX6e, DX6G2/G3, DX7G2, DX8G2, DX9, DX10t, DX18, DX18QQ, DX18t, DX18G2, and DX20.

Enjoy!

There is one known issue: If you enable the Telemetry Lost alarm (see the PDF) and have telemetry coming in from a model, if you disable RF and go into the System Mode the alarm will sound after several seconds. To avoid this, turn off the aircraft first and allow the alarm to sound before going into System Mode.

We are still going to be making some improvements on the Lap Timing system. There aren't any big bugs, but it's not as polished as we normally ship.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2017, 04:30 PM
Closed Account
Don't need any of it.
I imagine there will be some happy people though, so good job!
Jul 21, 2017, 04:33 PM
Thanks. Once again, a number of the changes are due to comments posted here. So I thank YOU ALL for bringing things to my attention so I can get them in the database to be addressed.

Andy
Jul 21, 2017, 05:53 PM
Spread the word. There won't be an e-mail for this one because it's a beta.

Andy
Jul 21, 2017, 11:48 PM
Closed Account
I don't know anyone.
Jul 24, 2017, 10:08 AM
Team Horizon Hobby

Bug - Selecting Insert & Delete symbols when editing text

The Insert & Delete character symbols (<+> and <->) at the end of the special characters string cannot be selected when scrolling to the right as they disappear as they move to the cursor. They can however, be selected if you scroll to them (carefully) to the Left from the beginning of the Cap letters string. When Insert <+> is selected a paragraph symbol appears in the character position and when Delete is selected <-> a backwards "y" is displayed in the character position. Clicking on them accomplishes the desired action.
Len
Jul 24, 2017, 02:57 PM

Stick-Switch not Usable for Flightmodes

Hello Andy,

I can't use the stick switch S for switching between flightmodes... any other switch works..

Florian
Jul 24, 2017, 03:20 PM
Can you attach your SPM file so I can see your configuration please?

Thanks.

Andy
Jul 24, 2017, 03:40 PM
Should the altitude display on the various screen as well?
Jul 26, 2017, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenAlessi
The Insert & Delete character symbols (<+> and <->) at the end of the special characters string cannot be selected when scrolling to the right as they disappear as they move to the cursor. They can however, be selected if you scroll to them (carefully) to the Left from the beginning of the Cap letters string. When Insert <+> is selected a paragraph symbol appears in the character position and when Delete is selected <-> a backwards "y" is displayed in the character position. Clicking on them accomplishes the desired action.
Len
Hi Len,

Thanks for the info. I just finished up the entry editor changes and it's much nicer now, thanks to your and a number of others' suggestions.

I think you'll like the next pass!

Andy
Jul 26, 2017, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgleesonuk
Should the altitude display on the various screen as well?
You meant on Vario screen? Yes, you should see altitude and vario data on that screen.

Andy
Jul 26, 2017, 05:56 PM
@Andy, here's something I haven't seen before, my DX9 sometimes locks up on repeated binding attempts. Happened 2 times today, here's what I did:

1. Put rx in bind mode (SPM4649T)
2. Try bind, bind failed.
3. Try bind, bind failed. (time to get some distance)
4. Try bind, no voice, radio frozen, power cycle needed.

This is an old config slot, I'll try with a fresh model after work later today, it's just this never happened before.
Last edited by sbstnp; Jul 26, 2017 at 10:37 PM.
Jul 27, 2017, 02:19 PM

SPM-File

Hello Andy,

thanks for your support. Attached my SPM-File.
Jul 27, 2017, 02:42 PM
Have you tried this with v1.20 yet? You are using version 1.05 which is ANCIENT! 2014-Feb-20!!

Switch S is already configured in this model (it is the left stick 3-position switch).

When I move S on my test radio, it shows Strecke A, Landung A, and Start A as the three options. I used version 1.14 and it worked fine.

The only thing I can think of is that you need to update to newer code.

Andy
Jul 27, 2017, 02:56 PM

Using DX18T

Hello Andy,

thanks for your advice.... I'm using a DX18T, and the version 1.05 was released in November 2016:

SPEKTRUM™ DX18T AIRWARE™ VERSION 1.05 (15 NOVEMBER 2016)

see the attached picture...

And yes, I tested with the 1.20 beta, now I'm back to 1.05 and and it works again..

Florian