Podcast 63 - HD FPV, New Products and More - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Podcast 63 - HD FPV, New Products and More

We have another RCGroups podcast and video ready to go. Hang out with the RCGroups team as we discuss the Connex HD FPV system, new RC plane releases, event coverage and more!

RCGroups Podcast

Another Podcast and Video

Hey everyone! The RCGroups team joined forces again for a discussion about what's happening in RC! Since Matt and Jason are both building Connex systems we discussed that quite a bit. I asked all the question an HD noob might have. We also talked about some new planes and event coverage we added to our sites.

Watch the Video

RCGroups Live Hangout - Connex HD Discussion, July 20, 2017 (59 min 41 sec)

Download the Podcast

For the audio only version click here to download.

Links

I'm going to get Matt and Jason to add all the important HD FPV links and I will add links to other news items we discussed.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 21, 2017 at 02:04 PM..
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 22, 2017, 11:40 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Jason,

I've been using the Connex ProSightHD on my FixWing (airplanes) for about 3 months now,
its seems I'm the ONLY one doing this constantly.

Things to consider coming from 1.3 video Airplane usage.

ProSightHD has no Sound-audio, this was a bummer for me!
The ProSightHD has its own OSD, very basic but its all you need.
Biggest factor is you have to accept the fact that you cannot go more then 3miles
on a ProSightHD system (yet). There is a HD FPV system out there
that is commercial which cost $10,000+ just for the HD LIVE video feed.
There is member here that sells it to his customers commercially.

There are only 2 FPV vendors that sell upgraded HD antennas for the ProSightHD,
and they are 10000x worth it. (TrueRC and Banan). More and more coming and
I'm waiting.

The ProSightHD from the start was really designed for very small range miniQuads, and
that is 100% fact. They don't care for us Airplane FPV'ers...ie...its been 6 months
and there is still no longer wire from Cam to VideoTx.
Jul 22, 2017, 02:21 PM
RCG Staff
Nice! Should be fun in the Mini Drak I'm building. I hope I made a good choice with the VAS linear antenna system and can safely fly in a large field wherever I want. I'll have the Vector in there to take over in case anything goes wrong.