Creality Ender 2 Desktop 3D Printer - RC Groups
Jul 21, 2017, 01:46 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Mini-Review

Creality Ender 2 Desktop 3D Printer

EDIT 11/7 Now on sale for only $159 Click me.

The Ender Desktop 3D Printer Kit is now in stock and ships for free to the USA via priority mail. Shipping to other countries will vary based upon your location. Click me to purchase one of these great kits.

Right off the bat, I want to say that this is my first experience with a 3D printer of any kind. I knew right away that I wanted something compact, that wouldn't take up a lot of space, but could still print all the neat little trinkets, and quadcopter parts etc. that I knew I'd want to make.

This printer comes as a kit, and does require quite a bit of assembly, however, do not let that scare you off. The build is not difficult, and the instructional video on the included micro SD card is easy enough to follow. I recommend pausing it at several stages, so that you can get a good look at what direction things are being assembled. The instructional video is 22 minutes in length. With pausing it, going back and double checking things, and sometimes watching a step twice, I managed to have my printer together in about 2 hours. Not bad considering I'd never laid a finger on a 3D printer prior to receiving this.

The quality of the printer seems very good. The fit and finish on all parts is great. I noticed very little play in anything while building it, and after I had it leveled, I grabbed a file from Thingiverse for an FPV camera mount to try as my first print. I put the file on the micro SD card, installed the card, selected the file, and 45 minutes later I had my camera mount, and my very first 3D print was a success.

I think that this printer is going to be very popular as more and more people learn about it. For the price it seems extremely difficult to beat. I have even heard from some other folks that are heavily involved in 3D printing that they are thoroughly impressed with this printer, and its print quality considering its price range.

All in all, if you are in the market for a 3D printer that has a relatively small footprint, has a quality build, is capable of printing directly from a micro SD card, and is capable of producing quality prints, then this printer is definitely one to consider. This complete noob to 3D printing is very happy with this model, and with the ease of operation.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have. I will do my best to answer. More pics and info coming as I spend more time with the printer.
Last edited by fastmax; Nov 07, 2017 at 11:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2017, 01:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Alien frame for 6mm motors by Gophy is ready for a test flight!
Jul 24, 2017, 03:25 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quick test flight of my first 3D printed quadcopter build. Alien frame by Gophy on Thingiverse. FuriBee F36 components used to complete the build.

Alien Micro Quadcopter Frame Made on Creality Ender 2 3D Printer (1 min 7 sec)
Aug 01, 2017, 06:55 AM
Great info fastmax...
I tryng to buy a 3d printer and I was near to buy a tevo tarantula but When I saw your first post a new option appears. ... that's
crazy 6 month change the offer of 3d printer a lot...
One question... can you confirm the printing volume? I found some contradiction in this point.

Thanks a lot
Aug 01, 2017, 07:04 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
Great info fastmax...
I tryng to buy a 3d printer and I was near to buy a tevo tarantula but When I saw your first post a new option appears. ... that's
crazy 6 month change the offer of 3d printer a lot...
One question... can you confirm the printing volume? I found some contradiction in this point.

Thanks a lot
Howdy rajazo! Indeed there are many choices available for affordable 3D printers these days. This Ender 2 has a 150x150x200mm print area.

Here is a print that finished up yesterday. My printer has been running virtually non stop now for going on a month. I have been having a lot of fun with it.
Aug 07, 2017, 02:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
I couldn't resist making a giant Lego Batman!
Aug 08, 2017, 03:19 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Another giant Lego
Aug 11, 2017, 01:43 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Just finished printing another micro quadcopter frame. This one is by NeatherBot over on myminifactory.com I'll get the FPV camera installed as soon as it arrives. Quad flies awesome! Flight video coming soon!
Aug 14, 2017, 05:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Printed a stand alone spool holder, and eliminated the stock overhead one. With the overhead holder gone, I was also able to add a Z axis stabilizer.

Spool holder can be found here.

Z axis stabilizer can be found here.
Aug 19, 2017, 10:58 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Printed some gimbal protectors this morning. They can be found here.
Aug 22, 2017, 04:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Here's a quick keychain I made in Tinkercad for fans of KingKong FPV Racing Quads. Anyone with a 3D printer can find it here on Thingiverse.
Aug 26, 2017, 09:51 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
One of my most time consuming prints so far. Super happy with how it came out though.
Sep 05, 2017, 03:07 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
This printer is currently on sale for only $188 Click me to purchase.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:29 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Another giant LEGO! The classic space men never go out of style!
Sep 13, 2017, 07:40 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Printed a few bits for the Floureon K250 Made a case for the low voltage alarm, and the HD camera mount to replace the original camera mounting plate.

The alarm case can be found here, and the camera mount can be found here.