40mm Mad thrust - RC Groups
Jul 20, 2017, 12:55 PM
Pro Hoarder
Discussion

40mm Mad thrust

Does any one have a few Mad Thrust 40mm fans that they would be willing to sell or let us barrow for a Sparkies B52 project?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2017, 01:20 PM
Eight? Erm.. no .
HK does and has restocked these. These seem to fly off the shelf
Wait ? or tick their email notice box as to when they are back in .
Jul 20, 2017, 02:09 PM
Pro Hoarder
been there done that!
Jul 20, 2017, 10:00 PM
Yeah it is annoying.
I recently bought yet another and It took some wait/ time to trip over a restocked shelf.. and then it was almost instantly emptied.. again.
Jul 21, 2017, 07:29 PM
There's always these. Get whatever 20mm inrunner you want for them. I may place an order myself, as they still also have EDF 30 housings, and I have a few rotors but no housings.
http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...&search=edf+40
Jul 26, 2017, 10:56 PM
Ken Stuhr

Hey!

I got a back-in-stock notification from HK and tried to order within an hour----again OUT OF STOCK.

Did some of you somehow have pre-orders for dozens?????
Jul 27, 2017, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyken
I got a back-in-stock notification from HK and tried to order within an hour----again OUT OF STOCK.

Did some of you somehow have pre-orders for dozens?????
Maybe they never even got any, and were just messin with people.
Can always look for the resellers though.
Seems not my thing in either case. The few things they've had that I've wanted, they never seem to have.
Jul 27, 2017, 11:44 AM
Pro Hoarder
Who knows what is going on. I never got a notice. I am pretty sure that the guys have found the fans needed for the project. But now we need more to replace the borrowed fans...Some day..At least I kept a few spares.
Jul 27, 2017, 12:10 PM
Wasn't there any result from this info as posted on the scratchbuilt arena ? by Wilfor

Finally got a response from RC Lander

Hello,

These we have in stock. the unit price is 20usd.
Thanks.

Not much but at least it says they have in stock

Here's a link to the product info page

http://www.rclander.com/ProductDetail/789854.html

And the main page
http://www.rclander.com/

Have to scroll way down.

Contact page
http://www.rclander.com/Content/311534.html

Anyone that needs edfs I would probably ask a few more question about the units but I've ordered here before and seen posts from others who have as well.

Hopefully this helps a few more tackle this build.

Chris
Jul 27, 2017, 01:08 PM
Pro Hoarder
I may pick up a pair from them just to test out
Jul 27, 2017, 01:09 PM
Ken Stuhr
Thanks Bare. I've made an inquiry with them.
Aug 13, 2017, 09:02 PM
Ken Stuhr
Yesterday I got the fans from RCLander. They look the same as DR.MT, the motor is labeled 8000kv, and they are boxed just the same. The have the label from RCLander, not Dr.MT. I have not run one up yet.

The only diff I can see is that they do not include the inlet extension piece that came with the DR.MT
Aug 14, 2017, 12:37 PM
That was fairly quick... the 20$ /unit price held ?
Odd about the missing inlet , although it is fitted on their Brochure babble photo.... Rascals .
In truth I remove that inlet ring for use .. still?

Piccies of a multi edf Horten soon then ?

One thing to watch for in the 40mm units is that their adaptor has too short a motor shaft hole ( a necessary adaptation given the Rotors' 3mm bore hole and the Motor's 3mm shaft ,so the rotor is unnecessarily distant from the stators.
IF wanting to fix that, one needs cut motor shaft length or space the motor a bit back. (Motor screws are loctited by the way )
Also the Rotor adaptor is missing the D cuts on it's outer end.
As result the thing Squashes deforms the rotor as it forces its' way past the mating nubs inside the rotor... this can /does cause eccentricity ...occaisionally Just as the oversize hole on the teeny washer can thwart ultimate balance efforts.
Just stuff to watch out for.. if this kinda detail concerns.
Last edited by Bare; Aug 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
Aug 15, 2017, 08:51 PM
Ken Stuhr
Hi Bare-

It was 20 plus about 7 ea shipping, so still cheaper than HK, unless they don't work well.

Nah, the Horten was already fanned with other. Just working on other things.
Oct 08, 2017, 06:15 PM
Ken Stuhr
I finally ran one of the RCLander units, and it seems identical in sound, vibration, thrust, current to the ones I've had from HK