Emax official - emax rs1106 micro brushless motor - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 19, 2017, 09:55 PM
Registered User
New Product

Emax official - emax rs1106 micro brushless motor


Price $12.99

KV Options 4500,6000,7500

Legendary RS power for micro FPV racing quadcopters available in 7500, 6000 and 4500 KV

The new RS1106 brushless motor line sets a new standard in performance for the 2” propeller class. With 3 KV choices each optimized for 2s, 3s and even 4s batteries for insane speed in tiny package.



The RS1106 has 6mm tall stator to provide the instantaneous torque that is usually lacking in high KV 1104 motors. The RS1106 is also one of the only micro brushless motors with active cooling fins integrated into the bell to keep magnets cooler so the power is consistent lap after lap.



For micro builds it’s important to have as little mechanical vibration to get the best performance from your flight controller. To ensure smoothness each motor is precision CNC, uses premium ball bearings and comes factory balanced.



The bell housing has two sizes of hole spacing to fit the EMAX 2345 Tri-Blade and M2 x 5mm that works with a wide range of other 2” class propellers. Two lengths of mounting screws are included for so it will fit a wide range of frame styles.



RS1106 7500KV is the perfect upgrade for those stepping up from 1104 size that typically come with many 2s ready to fly builds.



RS1106 6000KV is a versatile upgrade motor for 2s-3s and well suited for those wishing to spin heavier 4 blade or 5 blade propellers.



RS1106 4500KV this the motor if want insane punch with efficiency when using 4s batteries. This motor can also spin lightweight 3” propellers up 3s



Features:

1.Most powerful micro motors for 2” to 3” propellers
2.RS exclusive “Cooling” design on a micro sized motor
3. 3 KV options 4500KV, 6000KV, 7500KV
4. Prop bolt pattern for Emax 2345 M2 x 9mm and M2 x 5mm Propellers
5.High Quality NSK bearings for long lasting smoothness
6. Strong N52SH Magnets
7. Factory Balanced Precision CNC Motor Bells



EMAX RS1106-7500KV - Huge Super Power! 2S & 3S Thrust Tests (6 min 11 sec)
Last edited by EMAX Yin Yan; Oct 17, 2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: add info
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2017, 09:27 AM
Registered User
These look awesome. need a reviewer/tester? I have so many 110x builds
Jul 24, 2017, 07:19 PM
☢ Self-Proclaimed n00b FPVer ☢
EngineerX's Avatar
I'd love to put these on the thrust stand and see how they perform! 1106 motors are getting pretty popular these days. GemFan/RotorX 3025, DYS 3045x3, and RX 2535bx4 props are all good matches for this size motor.
I've seen some micros running this size motors flying darn well.
Jul 25, 2017, 08:46 AM
Registered User
i just got in the 7500 kv. Are these good on 3s?

I am using the HLGRC xjb v2 25a esc's with them.
Jul 27, 2017, 03:19 AM
Registered User
I bought a set of 4 and they came in a few days ago. I was excited to try them today but I found two of them have significant play:

Faulty EMAX RS1106 (0 min 9 sec)


They are extremely noisy when running and very hot after a short flight. I got to switch back to my RCX 1304 5000KV for the build.

This is not something I expect from EMAX. I had mostly good experience with their motors. I just created a ticket (got them from emax-usa) and hope they will handle this.
Jul 27, 2017, 03:49 AM
more speed and less weigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonE5
i just got in the 7500 kv. Are these good on 3s?

I am using the HLGRC xjb v2 25a esc's with them.


what batteries are you going to run.. I'm struggling to find 2s batteries that will work well with these high powered motors and don't triple the takeoff weight
Jul 27, 2017, 05:53 AM
Quad Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwyc
I bought a set of 4 and they came in a few days ago. I was excited to try them today but I found two of them have significant play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP3lQpYtwj8

They are extremely noisy when running and very hot after a short flight. I got to switch back to my RCX 1304 5000KV for the build.

This is not something I expect from EMAX. I had mostly good experience with their motors. I just created a ticket (got them from emax-usa) and hope they will handle this.
Check out this post I made. You can take that vertical play out easily, even though I'm surprised emax came with a few motors like that. I've only ever had that issue on cheaper motors. Here's some pictures how to fix this in my post here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=155

If your willing to give it a shot yourself to fix it, read my instructions on that page so you don't accidentally end up doing it backwards
Jul 27, 2017, 06:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamtfc
Check out this post I made. You can take that vertical play out easily, even though I'm surprised emax came with a few motors like that. I've only ever had that issue on cheaper motors. Here's some pictures how to fix this in my post here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=155

If your willing to give it a shot yourself to fix it, read my instructions on that page so you don't accidentally end up doing it backwards
lol I tried to did it by hand but of course I failed. Your solution sounds great I will definitely try it. Guess I will wait for a couple more days in case EMAX needs me to take more pictures or something. Thanks heaps for your information!
Jul 27, 2017, 09:15 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarkane
what batteries are you going to run.. I'm struggling to find 2s batteries that will work well with these high powered motors and don't triple the takeoff weight
I have gnb 450 and 550mah 2s and a set of 550mah 3s.

They are not super heavy, and run pretty decent on my lizard clone.

Gonna use same power setup for this, HGLRC Xjb v2 25a esc aio.
Jul 27, 2017, 10:43 AM
Registered User
hugely disappointing to see that they seem cheap :/
Jul 28, 2017, 11:42 PM
Registered User
Update: so Emax told me to send them back the motors for investigation. I thought my video was pretty convincing that they are faulty though. Really want to avoid the back and forth so I tried Adamtfc's solution and turns out it works perfectly. No more play and they still spin very smooth. Anyway I hope Emax can step up their QC. If these were racerstars motors I wouldn't complain but I expected more from Emax.

So I got my 110mm build up in the air and my opinion is:

1. Crazy vibration with the babyhawk props. I have to swap back to DYS 2435. I am a bit disappointed because the babyhawk props have more thrust in bench tests.

2. After hovering 30 seconds they come down really hot. As hot as the Blade Torrent 110 motors (1104 7500KV) do on 3S. I am quite surprised because the RS1106 is bigger than the 1104 and it's 6000KV vs 7500KV. I would expect the RS1106 to be at least less hot. On the same build my RCX 1304 5000KV aren't even warm after a few packs.

3. Instance thrust is amazing.

I got to try other props maybe the rotorx 2.5".
Aug 01, 2017, 01:19 PM
polar313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwyc
Update: so Emax told me to send them back the motors for investigation. I thought my video was pretty convincing that they are faulty though. Really want to avoid the back and forth so I tried Adamtfc's solution and turns out it works perfectly. No more play and they still spin very smooth. Anyway I hope Emax can step up their QC. If these were racerstars motors I wouldn't complain but I expected more from Emax.

So I got my 110mm build up in the air and my opinion is:

1. Crazy vibration with the babyhawk props. I have to swap back to DYS 2435. I am a bit disappointed because the babyhawk props have more thrust in bench tests.

2. After hovering 30 seconds they come down really hot. As hot as the Blade Torrent 110 motors (1104 7500KV) do on 3S. I am quite surprised because the RS1106 is bigger than the 1104 and it's 6000KV vs 7500KV. I would expect the RS1106 to be at least less hot. On the same build my RCX 1304 5000KV aren't even warm after a few packs.

3. Instance thrust is amazing.

I got to try other props maybe the rotorx 2.5".

Thought it was just me having problems with these motors getting hot. I've tried everything I can think of to make them run cooler. Made sure the screws weren't touching the windings, lowered the D gain, soft mounted, tried different props, etc. And nothing seems to be helping with the heat issue.

Running 3s on these RS1106 6000kv with RotorX 2535 props.
Aug 05, 2017, 06:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar313
Thought it was just me having problems with these motors getting hot. I've tried everything I can think of to make them run cooler. Made sure the screws weren't touching the windings, lowered the D gain, soft mounted, tried different props, etc. And nothing seems to be helping with the heat issue.

Running 3s on these RS1106 6000kv with RotorX 2535 props.
They definitely get hot. A little less when I do it in the park. After like 5 packs I can confirm these motors are not really more efficient than the 1104/1105. They do give me more (high end) thrust when I need it, but for the price point I would expect a little more.

EMAX RS1106 6000KV on Blade Torrent 110 (0 min 24 sec)
Aug 05, 2017, 11:56 PM
Registered User
Dirkdigla666's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwyc
Update: so Emax told me to send them back the motors for investigation. I thought my video was pretty convincing that they are faulty though. Really want to avoid the back and forth so I tried Adamtfc's solution and turns out it works perfectly. No more play and they still spin very smooth. Anyway I hope Emax can step up their QC. If these were racerstars motors I wouldn't complain but I expected more from Emax.

So I got my 110mm build up in the air and my opinion is:

1. Crazy vibration with the babyhawk props. I have to swap back to DYS 2435. I am a bit disappointed because the babyhawk props have more thrust in bench tests.

2. After hovering 30 seconds they come down really hot. As hot as the Blade Torrent 110 motors (1104 7500KV) do on 3S. I am quite surprised because the RS1106 is bigger than the 1104 and it's 6000KV vs 7500KV. I would expect the RS1106 to be at least less hot. On the same build my RCX 1304 5000KV aren't even warm after a few packs.

3. Instance thrust is amazing.

I got to try other props maybe the rotorx 2.5".

Thats strange that's a few times now i heard that 2345 are noisy out of balance but to me they are the most powerhouse smoothest props I've seen in this size range and have tried many brands and sizes from 1.5in-2.5in and all in between.
Used em on 1104 emax and 1106 4500 on 3s and 4s once I get a few and they are very smooth and power second to none.
Also my motors dont have any play and are very solid and feel of good emax quality.
They deff blow away the retuener r3 1106 for sure and are stupid powerful and my guess the 4500kv on a 90mm light weight frame with 4s and emax props would have to blow away that other little quad that they claim goes 100mph or some hyped up speed like that.
My guess is speed of 80mph or so will be likely with 2345 props.
My emax 4500kv were more responsive and powerful on 2s lipo than 7100kv 1106 returners on 2s which is weird.
I know lower oh is gonna have more instant snap but still I just think emax 1106 are walking on all other motors 1106 and under though there is a few nice looking 1108 motors out now that are taking 300+ grams thrust on a sub 3in prop is like to see.
Basically great motors
Aug 05, 2017, 11:59 PM
Registered User
Dirkdigla666's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwyc
They definitely get hot. A little less when I do it in the park. After like 5 packs I can confirm these motors are not really more efficient than the 1104/1105. They do give me more (high end) thrust when I need it, but for the price point I would expect a little more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLViyWq47BU
Not sure if u mentioned earlier but what if and voltage?
4500kv with emax props on 3s on a 99g setup with lipo didn't really above warm and that was staying at full throttle and see what they could do.
Maybe could be a tuning issue or cog problem maybe?

Nvm see 6000kv on 3s


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New EMAX Micro Brushless Power System Combo! EMAX Yin Yan Multirotor Drone Power Systems 68 Jun 23, 2017 08:49 AM
Discussion EMAX Babyhawk 85mm Micro Brushless FPV Racing Drone - PNP (Pre-order + cupon) _sOnGoKu_ Gearbest.com 1 Apr 26, 2017 04:26 AM
New Product CXN - Cucubano Micro Multirotor Frame for (Emax Brushless Power System) crd Micro Multirotor Drones 0 Feb 28, 2017 07:17 PM