Want to find out more on slope soaring. - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 07, 2017, 09:26 PM
I Fly in Colorado too!

Solo Soar......Thank you Ed!

After a few lessons at the POM over the last few months, and purchasing a used Ka-8, modifying the Ka-8 to stiffen the wing with Ed's help, I soloed with out a being on a buddy box today at the POM in 20+ winds. Ed helped me get her trimmed out and she flew beautifully with very little flex in the wing.

Then it came time to land. I had watched Ed and others land and just decided to give it go. The first attempt Ed wanted me to just circle with some practice landings and I got it way to far back, ran out of lift but make a successful landing that I had to take a short hike to retrieve.

Ed then put his Ka-8 in the air and demonstrated what he wanted me to do. So I jumped back on the horse and did my first hand launch alone, made a few practice landing passes to get the feel of getting the plane in the proper position and make a pretty good but not to graceful second landing but in the landing zone and intact.

Picked her up and pitched her off the mountain did some more practice approaches of which I almost ran my self over on one pass, actually did a touch and go on the second and the third attempt in my mind was almost perfect.

I am so hooked on this slope soaring and Ed and all his help and support made it happen. Thank you Ed so very much.

So I will hone and try to get better with "Kate" till next year then I will be out to play with a 3 meter composite.

The best part of this journey was making so many new friends that have been supportive and so very welcoming.

Archie
Last edited by madwinger; Oct 07, 2017 at 10:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply