Jun 11, 2018, 09:05 AM
GOT WINGS
SD, I have never read of a problem like that before. I can only wonder if there was a mechanical or electrical problem, or maybe some type of signal interference.?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2018, 04:35 AM
Drone Pilot (Trainee)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyingDutchman
Does anyone has any experience with spontaneous crashing, where the aircraft is completely out of control?
During the crash the motors are working and they are making a lot of noise.
I think it is a problem caused by a disfunction of the acceloremeter.
My question is: are there more pilots with this experience with the CX 23 ?
That sounds a little like my first CX-23. It was crashing right from the get go. Never was quite right.

Siriusflyer posted a pic of the interior boards, etc sometime after my first one flew away. It's all described much earlier in this thread. From Siriusflyer's pics, I could see something that wasn't present on mine - a nice large dab of glue to hold the lid on a tiny "box" When I frst took my CX-23 apart, I found that lid loose. I remember seeing no glue and suspect a factory defect. Putting the lid back in place helped flying a lot.
Jun 12, 2018, 04:58 AM
The gyro must be able to move! It should be glued to the foam, e.g. with Pattex, UHU Por or similar.
Jun 12, 2018, 11:56 AM
Roinesaad
Does the cx23 circle a point or only circle the transmitter? How do you set up circle round a point of interest?
Jun 12, 2018, 02:24 PM
GOT WINGS
It circles a point, the smallest diameter circle I was able to get was about 20 meters. I think you would have to experiment some to figure out setting up the circle around a point, but you can adjust diameter, speed, altitude, and maybe even adjust where the center is while it is in circle mode.
Jun 22, 2018, 05:37 AM

Locating system for cx-23

You need a very low- weight tracking system, e.g. loc8tor. The relatively small range is sufficient, as the direction is usually known. You can easily find the Quad in the high grass, grain or corn field. All you gotta do is head in the right direction. The transmitter weighs approx. 6g.
Jun 22, 2018, 06:21 AM

Good recognizability with external LED

The cx-23 is small and black. It is difficult to see without FPV, i.e. LOS. A super bright LED at the nose is very helpful. This can be achieved with an external LED and a small 1s-450mAh lipo. The LED should have a luminous intensity of 250cd. It requires 100mA. The series resistor is 10 Ohm.
Link LED: https://www.ebay.de/itm/5x-superhell...72.m2749.l2649
Jun 28, 2018, 12:41 PM

Parameters - change pitch, roll , yaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I raised the yaw from 49 to 60 and the pitch to 40. Set the Lmt Alt to 150 and the speed to 16m/s. Went and did a test flight without calibrating anything. At first it wobbled just a bit but after 30 seconds or so most of the wobble went away. I got the speed up to about 16m/s but ran out of room and had to hit the brakes. I took it up to 120 meters in altitude. Even with a few speed runs and the landing gear reinstalled, I still got almost 17 minute flight time. So changing the parameters can improve performance.
Dear @siriusflier,
Please confirm if to reduce the pitch, roll and yaw speed, we need less or more parameter.
I need slow down the mode to do better videos.
Have you some ideas?
Jun 28, 2018, 05:12 PM
GOT WINGS
to reduce the pitch, roll, and yaw speeds, you would need less parameter. If pitch is set at 40, it will lean less than if pitch is set at 60.
Jul 29, 2018, 09:22 AM
Roinesaad

Cx-23 monitor fault?

Just got my cx-23 from banggood everything seems ok except the fpv monitor only displays a blank white screen.when turned on..have a set of 5.8 goggles and they show fpv from drone perfectly. Any one know what might be wrong or do I need to return to vendor?
Jul 30, 2018, 03:00 PM
Roinesaad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksmile
Yes soldering an BEC plug to the drone is what i have in mind. I have several 900mah 2S batteries for my Blade 200QX. They fit and should do the job as well. Maybe less flight time, but changeable battery ;-).

EDIT: I soldered my BEC cable in and it works fine. Just wait to go outside, but its raining cats & dogs in the moment. Keep you informed :-)
THX
Any pictures of your BEC plug mod?
Aug 01, 2018, 09:20 AM
Roinesaad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66WRC
Strange, I fly every day over all the 700 meters and the FPV video signal is always perfect, I do not understand why you lose 325 meters signal, up to 700 meters should not be a problem, at least I have never had, the frequency of 57.40 is the best.
Bought new cx-23 July 2018, Having difficulty setting VTX to 5740, get to 5745 then seems to loop round to different set of frequencies, do I just keep going until it eventually gets to 5740?
Any help appreciated.
Aug 01, 2018, 11:26 AM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by roinesaad
Bought new cx-23 July 2018, Having difficulty setting VTX to 5740, get to 5745 then seems to loop round to different set of frequencies, do I just keep going until it eventually gets to 5740?
Any help appreciated.
Not sure what causes white screen on monitor. Maybe loose antenna wire. You would have to take monitor apart to check that.

As I remember, it is a pain to reset the VTX frequency and takes a lot of tedious resetting. Any particular reason you want 5740? Don't remember if the VTX actually has 5740. Seems like it should. Make a note of where you start, and go through the frequencies to see, but it sounds like you may have already done that.
Aug 04, 2018, 05:25 PM
Roinesaad
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Not sure what causes white screen on monitor. Maybe loose antenna wire. You would have to take monitor apart to check that.

As I remember, it is a pain to reset the VTX frequency and takes a lot of tedious resetting. Any particular reason you want 5740? Don't remember if the VTX actually has 5740. Seems like it should. Make a note of where you start, and go through the frequencies to see, but it sounds like you may have already done that.
Sirius flyer thank you for answering, 66wrc said on a number of posts that he found this frequency was best for range, but Although there were a few follow up posts, the thread seemed to fade away, I couldn't find any tips on best way to find this frequency. Am I following a red herring?
Gave up on screen, only thing that might have been wrong was a bad solder joint on the antenna to board, but my eyesight even with a magnifying glass wasn't good enough to attempt a repair...bit of an amateur solderer too! Sourced a new screen from Linparts for 22 delivered -less hassle than asking Banggood for a refund. Have a spare monitor that was modifiable in the meantime.
Last edited by roinesaad; Aug 04, 2018 at 05:32 PM.
Aug 04, 2018, 07:31 PM
General enquiries. Has anyone else had problems with that click-in monitor support? My mate had his crack apart. He tried glueing it up but then it fell apart in use, dropping the monitor & smashing it. We'll see how long the replacement lasts.
Also that battery needs a protective frame stuck around the on/off switch. Unless it is velcroed to the bottom of an enclosed box on its own, by the time you bounce out to our bush field something will have touched the switch & 1/2 flattened the battery! A real PITA! Suffice it to say, amongst our brushless stuff, the MJX Bugs 2W/Cs, Hubsan H501s & Bayangtoys X16s get a lot more air time.

Quick Reply