Cheerson CX-23 Brushless 5.8G FPV With 1080P Camera OSD GPS RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 22, 2017, 05:27 AM
Overal I think it's good we get to see more of these smaller brushless GPS quads; would love something like this with a good 1080p camera Preferably with a small motorised mount to be able to pitch up or down while in the air

Great to have all that telemetry, that's very cool on something this size
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2017, 09:36 AM
GOT WINGS
The telemetry on this quad is very good. And though there is explanation of the OSD on the transmitter, it has taken me some time to figure it out on the monitor. But now that I have it all figured out, I am going to attempt to use that info when I fly it, when it's not too windy.
Jul 22, 2017, 10:30 PM
GOT WINGS
Here is a video showing what the telemetry on the monitor screen means:
Banggood Cheerson CX-23 monitor OSD (2 min 40 sec)
Jul 22, 2017, 10:49 PM
GOT WINGS
A video showing GPS, Alt hold, Circle function, and yaw.

Banggood Cheerson CX-23 flight (3 min 29 sec)

Oh yeah, and my dog.
Jul 23, 2017, 04:44 AM
You need quite a bit of space for circle-me mode, or can you adjust the radius?

Sounds a bit like a mosquito.
Jul 23, 2017, 08:55 AM
GOT WINGS
You can adjust the radius, but my estimate is that the smallest radius is about 40 feet.
Jul 23, 2017, 09:10 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
looks pretty good
Jul 23, 2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Here is a video showing what the telemetry on the monitor screen means:
https://youtu.be/yVNygyhvF44
Do none of these arrows point towards 'home'? No need to point where you're heading as you can see that.
Jul 23, 2017, 12:52 PM
GOT WINGS
I think you can use the monitor's compass to see what direction home is, just make a mental note when you start out of the degrees where you are at? But the return to land function works well. I took it out to a little over 200 meters(650 feet) and pushed the return to land. Could barely see it at that distance, FPV signal was breaking up a bit but still there. It came back and landed within a meter of where it took off from.
Also found that if you push the aileron stick left or right while doing the circle function, it will not only speed or slow the quad, it will also change the direction from left to right - you have to hold the stick all the way to one side until the direction changes.
Jul 24, 2017, 11:25 AM
GOT WINGS
Didn't think of trying this until yesterday and then we had storms move in before I got a chance.

I took the CX-23 out with a full battery and put it in circle mode, the watched the meters from home indicator to see the maximum and minimum distances after I adjusted the circle to the smallest diameter. It came out as 20 meters, or about 66 feet, the smallest diameter for the circle mode.
Jul 24, 2017, 02:22 PM
GOT WINGS
I was finally able to add a picture to post #14 where I have a printed list of all the OSD on the monitor.
Jul 24, 2017, 11:59 PM
GOT WINGS
My second crash today, again into the cedar trees, this time at about 5 feet, so it was easy to retrieve. Also again it was caused by trying to see how fast it would go in Altitude hold mode, was going full fast forward and didn't try to stop in time, it doesn't turn on a dime and change directions like a racing quad with aggressive props. The fastest speed I have seen on the monitor or transmitter display is about 14 meters per second. That was with a little tailwind. Works out to about 50 kilometers per hour or about 31 miles per hour.

I used return to land at least once today and the quad came down within a meter of where it took off.

The quad also showed 14.5 minutes on the timer after I landed. And I landed as quickly as possible after the low voltage warning started. Very good flight time with the stock battery in my opinion.
Jul 26, 2017, 10:15 AM
Hey Guys and CX-23 Fans. I have got a little question. As im living in germany which has got new drone regulations ans on of them is that FPV flying with a drone lighter than 250g and under 30 meters in height is allowed without a secound person to fly i enjoyed finding this nice little drone and ordered it on BG now. But what concerns me now ist that on the pictures ive seen it looks like the battery charger has this US Pins. So i think its not good to plug it in a EU powergrid, as we use 220V/50hz instead of US 110V/60hz. So i would have to get a workaround for that problem.
What is the output of the AC/DC adapter? Or is it suitable for EU? Would be nice to get some information about this. THX
Jul 26, 2017, 10:38 AM
It's quite likely it'll be a switching batterycharger (usable in both US and EU) or maybe they simply include an EU one. I've even received little EU pin-adapters when the charger was a switching one, but the pins were US. BTW: always handy to have one of these pin-adapters around; they cost next to nothing on BG or eBay
Jul 26, 2017, 11:01 AM
GOT WINGS
I have used adapters to change from EU type plug to US type plug. They usually include an adapter if I am going to need one. If I remember correctly, there was actually an adapter included with the CX-23, but it had a US type plug on the wall wort, so I didn't need it.

Darksmile, my guess is that they will include an adapter if you need it and you will be able to use it that way.