Cheerson CX-23 Brushless 5.8G FPV With 1080P Camera OSD GPS RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 15 - RC Groups
Nov 13, 2017, 07:40 PM
Drone Pilot (Trainee)
The Xiaomi costs what both my CX-23's together cost. Same basic equation, but since we're talking hypothetical money or, better yet, YOUR money I'd rather come up with another $100 and give the Spark a try just to see what the DJI mojo is about. The Xiaomi SHOULD have better pic quality for what it costs, but the CX-23 provides a lot of satisfaction at a modest cost.

I would agree with siriusflyer, it can be overpriced. At the under $200 I paid for each of mine I find a lot of value. YMMV. If I was paying $260 or more, then the equation shifts.

Its easy to say something should be better. Lots of room for improvement with most drones and the recent word on a 1080p video version is welcome (anyone know what the still image specs on this one will be?) But consider there's lots of good drivers out there and most cannot afford a Mercedes. Is something ultimately wrong with their driving because of that? Probably not. Pics? Yeah, they're a bt ore subjective, but I think when you're in CX-23 territory it's not how much money you can spend on the technology, but how much value you get for what you do spend. There, I think the CX-23 stacks up against it's direct competition.

Then there's size. I like the form factor of the CX-23. Whatever one thinks about it's capabilities, it's certainly handier to pack around than the Phantom-envelope size drones. Not dissing them, just noting that convenience matters, too.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2017, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlehman56
The Xiaomi costs what both my CX-23's together cost. Same basic equation, but since we're talking hypothetical money or, better yet, YOUR money I'd rather come up with another $100 and give the Spark a try just to see what the DJI mojo is about. The Xiaomi SHOULD have better pic quality for what it costs, but the CX-23 provides a lot of satisfaction at a modest cost.

I would agree with siriusflyer, it can be overpriced. At the under $200 I paid for each of mine I find a lot of value. YMMV. If I was paying $260 or more, then the equation shifts.

Its easy to say something should be better. Lots of room for improvement with most drones and the recent word on a 1080p video version is welcome (anyone know what the still image specs on this one will be?) But consider there's lots of good drivers out there and most cannot afford a Mercedes. Is something ultimately wrong with their driving because of that? Probably not. Pics? Yeah, they're a bt ore subjective, but I think when you're in CX-23 territory it's not how much money you can spend on the technology, but how much value you get for what you do spend. There, I think the CX-23 stacks up against it's direct competition.

Then there's size. I like the form factor of the CX-23. Whatever one thinks about it's capabilities, it's certainly handier to pack around than the Phantom-envelope size drones. Not dissing them, just noting that convenience matters, too.
I agree, it was the size and features of the CX-23 that drew me to it.

Instead of a Spark, I'm waiting for some positive reviews of the GDU 02X (another compact Quad), to see if it's worth adding to my collection.

GDU O2 Oficial video. (4 min 14 sec)
Last edited by Garysnr; Nov 13, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
Nov 13, 2017, 11:59 PM
Drone Pilot (Trainee)
Nice package of features, but I suspect it'll fly right past my budget. If they can hit a pricepoint between the Spark and Mavic (closer to the Spark, the better) they'll have a winner.
Nov 14, 2017, 07:31 AM
It's currently selling for 775.00 here in the UK, but I expect that price to drop once Gearbest, TomTop etc... start selling in larger quantities.
But still no reliable reviews at present, so I'll wait and see what happens.
No rush though, got plenty of kit to keep me happy for now.
Nov 20, 2017, 01:25 AM
Hi guys, I will keep this short and won't go into all details.
I ordered and paid for CX-23 from Tomtop and was refunded via PayPal as Tomtop were trying to sell something they didn't have.
I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH TOMTOP AGAIN.
I hope that my experience helps someone else avoid one of the pitfalls.
Nov 20, 2017, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubya
I ordered and paid for CX-23 from Tomtop and was refunded via PayPal as Tomtop were trying to sell something they didn't have.

buy on geekbuying, best price and a lot of spare parts.
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Chee...ck-379139.html
Nov 20, 2017, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LysyZdw
buy on geekbuying, best price and a lot of spare parts.
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Chee...ck-379139.html
Geekbuying are also advertising something they don't have in stock, I have asked them when they will have stock and they don't know.
Will this ever end, advertising what they don't have is fraudulent in my book.
I did order a spare battery and 4 x propellers from Geekbuying for the unit I did not receive from Tomtop, if they don't arrive before the end of this week I will be after them for a refund as well.

Cheers,
Nov 20, 2017, 02:50 AM
I ordered a cx-23, 3 extra batteries, propellers, legs, all very quickly.
A dozen or so days ago I upper and lower body shella few days will be with me.
Nov 20, 2017, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Geekbuying are also advertising something they don't have in stock, I have asked them when they will have stock and they don't know.
Will this ever end, advertising what they don't have is fraudulent in my book.
I did order a spare battery and 4 x propellers from Geekbuying for the unit I did not receive from Tomtop, if they don't arrive before the end of this week I will be after them for a refund as well.

Cheers,
Sorry to have to say it mate, but you'll have to get used to this when buying direct from Chinese sites. Cheap but the experience can leave a nasty taste in the mouth. A mate is also waiting on a CX 23 from a mob called HobbyWow. Same scenario. (Couldn't recommend them either based on local experience/on-line reviews.) Must be some hold-up with supply of this quad. Best of luck to everyone waiting.

Also it now seems as if Australia has now been added to the no-ship countries for loose batteries on Banggood..... Gearbest went bad some time back.
Nov 20, 2017, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoztreecrasher
Sorry to have to say it mate, but you'll have to get used to this when buying direct from Chinese sites. Cheap but the experience can leave a nasty taste in the mouth. A mate is also waiting on a CX 23 from a mob called HobbyWow. Same scenario. (Couldn't recommend them either based on local experience/on-line reviews.) Must be some hold-up with supply of this quad. Best of luck to everyone waiting.
I agree, waited 3 weeks for my CX-23 to come from e-bay (Chinese Seller) and It's nearly 3 weeks and counting for my launch pad to arrive from Gearbest.
I quit Aliexpress because they drove me mad and now they're the only one that stock a Battery I need, go figure!!!.
Last edited by Garysnr; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:29 PM.
Nov 20, 2017, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoztreecrasher

Also it now seems as if Australia has now been added to the no-ship countries for loose batteries on Banggood..... Gearbest went bad some time back.
Over the past 6 years I have bought a lot from Banggood but refuse to pay an extra $100 for a CX-23, even at $259 it is very overpriced for what it is.
If the battery and props I ordered from Geekbuying don't arrive in the next couple of days I will be after a refund.
I do wonder what is going on at Cheerson they don't seem to be able to supply their product to what seems to me to be a very small audience.

Due to the amount of trouble I'm having trying to purchase a CX-23 I'm seriously thinking of continuing to save and possibly aiming for a dji Spark later next year.

By the way in regards to LiPo batteries I usually buy from HobbKings Aus Wharehouse.

Cheers,
Nov 22, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
Like I said I don't want to rock the boat, but at the moment there's only a 100 difference between these two models.
Not a huge price gap as some may have thought, and certainly worth it, if Video/Photography is your preference.
Update:
Banggood have just reduced the Mi 4K to 278.44/$359.00/eu309.53 for the next 4 days if anyone's interested.
https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-D...r_warehouse=CN

CX-23:
https://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX...r_warehouse=CN

Only 70 difference between them.
Nov 22, 2017, 09:44 PM
Drone Pilot (Trainee)
Wind, cold, and rain at my location discouraged flying most of the last week. Today the weather finally broke, except the cold, and I grabbed some panorama pics of town. This one was notable among them.

I also documented the block from straight overhead.

I used the Photoshop "Sharpen" filter as I typically do, but also turned down the brightness to get an easy on the eye rendering.
Nov 23, 2017, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlehman56
Wind, cold, and rain at my location discouraged flying most of the last week. Today the weather finally broke, except the cold, and I grabbed some panorama pics of town. This one was notable among them.

I also documented the block from straight overhead.

I used the Photoshop "Sharpen" filter as I typically do, but also turned down the brightness to get an easy on the eye rendering.
Very nice picture's, you are certainly drawing the best out of the Camera.

I don't live near a large Town, but here's a couple of local pic's (raw).
Last edited by Garysnr; Nov 23, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
Nov 23, 2017, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
Very nice picture's, you are certainly drawing the best out of the Camera.

I don't live near a large Town, but here's a couple of local pic's (raw).
Nice photos Gary, I don't see why some people are complaining about the cameras picture quality.

BTW does anyone have a clue as to what is going on with Cheerson, their website has been down for at least 2 weeks and they said they would have a redesigned site in 24 days.
It still says 24 days.
No one other than Banggood has the CX-23 in stock and no one seems to be able to give a delivery date.
It does make one wonder if Cheerson is having production problems or whether they will continue to produce the CX-23.