Sunday at the Club - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 17, 2017, 02:27 PM
I fly things
Discussion

Sunday at the Club

I bought a stupid amount of used planes and jets from a friend recently and while I have been able to get a few of them in the air, it is that time of year where I make sure everything gets a little exercise. I don't log how many times I fly, but I do track the dates I fly and do maintenance. Anything that sits for a year gets sold, and I hate doing that. So all those new (to me) planes are on the back-burner for the next month or two.

This time out, the Red Bull Edge was the one that made me wonder why I don't take it out more. It was such a smooth flight and I had a lot of fun with it. I finally put grip tape on the Rare Bear and hand launched it myself. I don't think I will let anyone else launch it for me again because it was so easy and went right up with no dive towards the ground. The Waco has been out with me for the past few weeks because it is new I love it. It just flies in slow motion to me. My son gave the Yuneec Q500 a check up and took some nice video of the field. I had my profile foamy too, but it didn't make it into the pic, which is a shame. After years of practicing and watching others, I did the smoothest and straightest knife edge on it. Of course there was only one other pilot at the club field (besides my son) to see it and it was his first time at the field. I'm always willing to pack a car full of planes to show someone the field and add a new member . I am surprised that no one else was at the club. It was a little hot and I got a touch of sun burn over the two hours I was there, but I had a blast.
Latest blog entry: Sunday at the Club
to remove ads between posts