GEPRC LX5 "Leopard" (F40 III's, KISS build) - RC Groups
Jul 17, 2017, 01:21 PM
Build Log

GEPRC LX5 "Leopard" (F40 III's, KISS build)

Hey guys

This is my second LX5 build that I made from a KISS FC and ESC I had lying around and lessons learned from my first Leo build.

This time I kept the PDB that came with it, which saved a couple of mm compared to the Brain PDB and with that saved space I installed both the X4R and the Unify pro (5V version) on the mounting board for them making everything tighter and it looks better overall.

The goal of this build was to have a backup quad since I love flying remote spots and would hate missing a good shot due to hardware issues. I did change the motors as I had been wanting to test higher Kv motors on this quad.

Did a quick maiden last night and while it wasn't tuned out at all (didn't bring a laptop and no OSD on this build) it flew pretty well and I am pretty sure it will fly relatively close to my first Leo, which well was the goal.

I also designed a AIO 3D part for FPV and HD camera which I think looks better for not much of a weigh difference:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2439417

I'll post a maiden video later tonight!

https://rotorbuilds.com/build/5568
Last edited by Zytrahus; Jul 17, 2017 at 01:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Yesterday, 01:45 AM
Here's some footage done after a dozen packs.
I am not finished adjusting the PID's but they're good enough to get jello-free video.
I am liking the KISS FC, all FC's should be this easy to setup/use/adjust!

I am also liking the F40 III / Cyclone 5050C's VERY much. I've tried playing with HQ's 5x4x3 V1S (PC) today but it felt pretty underpowered and didn't feel like they were giving any more control at all. I may have to do a few packs just trying props to find the best one for these motors but I think the 5050C will do well against all the other props I have.

GEPRC LX5, New Build on Some Lake. 2017/07/22 (2 min 41 sec)

Cheers