thanks horizon - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by d0uglas, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 17, 2017, 09:49 AM
Doug
Rave

thanks horizon

The attached picture is the latest batch of stuff Horizon product support mailed me. Two 30A ESCs, three 40A ESCs, three AR636A receivers and an AR9350 rx plus a remote satellite receiver that had a saltwater encounter. This was in response to my mailing them the same items I had broken myself, not defects, mostly from saltwater, and with the AR9350 because I reversed the polarity when plugging in the voltage sensor leads (and I noted on the form that this was all my fault, but maybe you could replace the antennas I managed to sever, etc).

That's $540 worth of stuff (well, retail) in this last package.

They've done this sort of thing numerous times to the point that I'm feeling guilty when sending something in knowing they'll most likely give me a freebie, or repair an out-of-warranty classifieds-purchased DX9 for cheap or for zero dollars, or in just one case decline to fix a motor that had glue on it but offer me a good discount for a new one. Other freebies, again all my fault, were two or three other AR9350s (all stemming from the same first purchase, I kept screwing up the replacements), numerous telemetry sensors -- I can't even keep track!

On the $0.00 invoices they write "in the spirit of customer service." Yes, though it's also good for business, securing such a reputation and customer loyalty. And it's not just free replacements: When I send in a transmitter for something like a busted switch, not only will they fix the superficial problems, they will always do a thorough radio integrity check, flash the latest firmware, above-and-beyond work for which they won't charge me. The fellas in the Tundra thread have convinced me to try Frsky, and not just because the prices are comparatively amazing. But this is a tier of customer support I have only found in Horizon and HeadsUpRC. And the tier brings a tear to my eye.

Thanks, Horizon. And my man Jesse at headsuphobby, an outfit that deserves its own, separate post.

Doug
Latest blog entry: thanks horizon
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2017, 01:09 PM
I fly things
I love Horizon support. I lost a wing strut on a P3 while flying and they sent me a whole new wing kit even though I lost the receipt. Out of all the planes and helis I bought, I've only needed to contact support a few times and they were great every time.
Latest blog entry: Sunday at the Club
Jul 19, 2017, 08:02 AM
AMA 79169
I echo HH's customer service. My DX6i (used) had a bad stick pot. Those are not a common off the shelf item. Not wanting to hack a good rig I sent it to HH for service expecting a bill. No bill was sent and they replaced the entire stick module, flashed the latest firmware and shipped it back gratis!

Deciding on a new DX6 was easy based on that level of support.

-=Doug
Jul 19, 2017, 12:05 PM
Doug
Wish I lived in Champaign Illinois, this is the type of company, not just because of its connection to the hobby but with this heavy investment to take sweetheart care of customers rather than cut every corner possible to widen margins, that I'd love to work for.
Latest blog entry: thanks horizon