BANAN HD Antenna for Connex Prosight HD System - RC Groups

BANAN HD Antenna for Connex Prosight HD System

HD Video for FPV drones and planes is the future of the sport and the Connex ProSight was the first to market with a system that provides HD video with low latency designed for FPV flying. The stock antennas are ok, but just like analog FPV, upgrade antennas will make a significant difference in the performance of the system.

Splash

Upgrade Antennas for ProSight Receiver

HD Video for FPV drones and planes is the future of the sport and the Connex ProSight was the first to market with a system that provides HD video with low latency designed for FPV flying. It's expensive compared to analog SD systems, but we're seeing more and more drone racers make the switch as well as wing pilots. The stock antennas are ok, but just like analog FPV, upgrade antennas will make a significant difference in the performance of the system.

ITElite DBS made their name by creating range extenders for common consumer drones and now they are about to release a killer receiver antenna array for the Connex ProSight. It's called the BANAN HD for Connex Prosight HD System and it is a multi polarized sector antenna array. The beam width is huge at 200 degrees and it will be awesome for drone and wing racing pilots. The antenna costs $159 on pre-order and should start shipping this Friday.

Check out the BANAN HD Antenna for Connex Prosight HD System

Jul 17, 2017, 10:32 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Sweet!
It would be cool to have Hugo from TrueRC
give comments (input) on this new HD antenna.
I still use his PentaPRO HD antenna on my ProSightHD system and I'm super happy with it.
Wondering if this new BANAN antenna is worth the upgrade from Hugo's HD antenna.....

Hope they designed it for distance,
I currently top 2.75 miles on My Wing plane.
Too scared to lose HD video feed
Last edited by rclab1; Jul 17, 2017 at 10:42 AM.
Jul 17, 2017, 10:45 AM
RCG Staff
Fun! I'm getting ready to build out a Mini Drak with the ProSight, good times all around.
Jul 17, 2017, 11:48 AM
"cheap, small, lightweight"
Has anybody tried directional antennas pointing in different directions yet? I doubt the Prosight works properly like that.
Jul 17, 2017, 05:59 PM
That's B.A.N.A.N.A.S.
Jul 18, 2017, 05:47 PM
quoted someone who is VERY reputable....

...."Connex need all antenna facing the same way as specified in the user manual. Connex use a MIMO scheme which is NOT diversity....."

p.s.
Bananas must know something we dont
Jul 18, 2017, 10:59 PM
This. I'd be very curious to hear how the developer can explain the efficacy of using directional antennae in a system that was designed for, and in fact relies on multipath interference for best performance. Directionals (which these clearly are) are the exact opposite of what a MIMO setup needs.

All that being said, ITELITE has been doing this for a few years now, so one would think they know what they're doing and can explain this for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
quoted someone who is VERY reputable....

...."Connex need all antenna facing the same way as specified in the user manual. Connex use a MIMO scheme which is NOT diversity....."

p.s.
Bananas must know something we dont
Jul 19, 2017, 01:58 PM
I just thought it looked bananas haha

p.s.
Bananas must know something we dont[/QUOTE]
Jul 19, 2017, 03:43 PM
So far crickets from the manufacturer.....
Jul 19, 2017, 06:17 PM
Professional UAV Services
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS Varmint
This. I'd be very curious to hear how the developer can explain the efficacy of using directional antennae in a system that was designed for, and in fact relies on multipath interference for best performance. Directionals (which these clearly are) are the exact opposite of what a MIMO setup needs.

All that being said, ITELITE has been doing this for a few years now, so one would think they know what they're doing and can explain this for us.
Well the spatial multiplexing that MIMO uses to tackle multipathing does not need multipathing to work, it just performs much better than other standard diversity techniques in a high multipathing environment. Increase the level of multipathing and you decrease range and data throughput but not as bad as a non-MIMO systems. Remove the multipathing all together and there is no surprise that you improve the range and throughput like all other wireless devices.

5 directional antennas all pointing in the general direction of the transmitting device will work miles ahead of the standard omni antennas that come with the system. The system only requires 2 channels (antennas) to get a decent signal so there is no issue spreading all 5 directional antenna out a little to increase the area of coverage.

Would also be interesting to see if amps on the incoming antenna inputs would improve range at all, digital tends to be a little more finicky on getting amplified.
Last edited by Redemptioner; Jul 19, 2017 at 06:24 PM.