Cheapest possible "DIY" GPS Waypoint Mini Quad? - RC Groups
Jul 17, 2017, 08:12 AM
Discussion

Cheapest possible "DIY" GPS Waypoint Mini Quad?

Hello, I want to build a 15-20cm quad with GPS waypoint capability and may be obstacle avoidance can be added in the future. But I want to make it as low price as possible. There is an example RTF quad with GPS waypoint function sold for around 100$ which is Hubsan H507A. For this price I couldn't found a DIY solution. Is there any possible diy solution around this price? What do you think? Is it possible?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2017, 09:05 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
important to understand the limitations of brushed motors. sure they make quads much cheaper, but you only get a few hours of flight before you start replacing them.
also unless you are only flying in very calm winds (at ground AND aloft), you'll need a more substantial quad to really fly waypoints.
Jul 18, 2017, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
important to understand the limitations of brushed motors. sure they make quads much cheaper, but you only get a few hours of flight before you start replacing them.
also unless you are only flying in very calm winds (at ground AND aloft), you'll need a more substantial quad to really fly waypoints.
Yes, after some research I decided to use brushless motors. Now the problem is: What is the best frame size and FC that capable waypoint. Is 250mm enough?