Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by FPV.Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 16, 2017, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
New Product

Betaflight BLHeli_32 ESC Released




We love it when people like Betaflight and BlHeli work together. It lets us bring you products like this, BLHeli 32.

Link: https://www.fpvmodel.com/betaflight-...200_g1330.html

A limited batch of Beta Bees have been released and listed on the site. Please keep in mind that this is a limited release first batch. These are not expected to last long. These are the new Betaflight "Beta Bees" BlHeli32 ESC featuring current sensor, added capacitors, 2-6A input with 35A continous output.

Features:
  • Built in Current Sensor
  • Extra capacitors to help smooth noisy envrionments.
  • Customizable color choice RGB LED using Blheli_32 software.
  • Large positive and ground pads for easy soldering.
  • 2-6s Lipo input
  • 35A continuous current (can handle burst above 45A but please be reasonable, do not overwork your motors)
  • TX pad on ESC used for Telemetry pad.

Specifications :
  • Input: 2-6s LiPoly
  • Constant: 35 Amps
  • Burst: 45 Amps
  • BEC: No BEC, OPTO only
  • Dimensions: 34x16x7mm
  • Weight: 6g (without motor wires)



Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2017, 12:59 PM
Registered User
Mine have arrived!!
Jul 24, 2017, 08:21 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturdayFPV
Mine have arrived!!
Thank you. Your comments are highly appreciated.
Jul 24, 2017, 10:19 PM
Registered User
Mine as well!
Jul 25, 2017, 01:14 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperoholic
Mine as well!
Hope you like them, and appreciate a lot for your comments.
Sep 07, 2017, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Hello, I just received mine and they look amazing! I wanted to ask, the x3 20awg black wires provided are meant to be used for the motors or as signal/ground to the fc?

Thanks.
Sep 20, 2017, 03:19 AM
Registered User
2 questions.

1. can someone point out where the telemetry pad is on these betabees?

2. Whats with the solder line along the side that is now being added. mine doesn't have this. should i add? if so, why?

Quote:
*** Update on September 12th, 2017: This is the new updated version of Betaflight BLHeli_32 ESC that comes with a line of soldering along the ESC sides for a better protection and giving more power.
Sep 22, 2017, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrxvx
2 questions.

1. can someone point out where the telemetry pad is on these betabees?
This is the telemetry pad. I'd also like to know about the soldering line but it doesn't seem FPVmodel reads these comments often.
Oct 05, 2017, 04:03 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by choconuez
Hello, I just received mine and they look amazing! I wanted to ask, the x3 20awg black wires provided are meant to be used for the motors or as signal/ground to the fc?

Thanks.
It is for FC, in case some FC's do not come with the wires.
Oct 07, 2017, 06:55 AM
Registered User
So I got the V2. Is the telemetry pad under ground or PWM pad now?? I saw Stingy use the underpad instead of the one on the side. Thanks

MonkeyFPV
Last edited by Drkran; Oct 07, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
Oct 22, 2017, 07:55 AM
Registered User
I've just installed mine in a new build, not flown yet, but a few comments:

- they are large and heavily made, I'm sure great for heat dissipation, bodes well for performance, but as modern quads get smaller, these esc's are now wider than the arms on many new frames - including mine!

- large positive and ground pads for easy soldering...great, but the telemetry pad doesn't look like it was designed to be used at all. Its absolutely tiny, and lifted immediately on one of mine. I recommend extreme caution if you try to solder to this unless you have ultra fine surface mount soldering skills and equipment!

- as usual for seemingly all esc's, it feels like they were not designed to be mounted easily. The big caps at one end stick out about 3mm, so the whole thing wobbles unless you put a bunch of sponge tape or padding underneath the other end. Is all the circuit layout CAD stuff just 2D?

I buy these in part to support the Betaflight team and ecosystem, but I do wish the team would actually try them out in the real world before putting their name to them.

Hopefully some feedback above will find its way into future iterations.
Dec 20, 2017, 04:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDogUK
I've just installed mine in a new build, not flown yet, but a few comments:

- they are large and heavily made, I'm sure great for heat dissipation, bodes well for performance, but as modern quads get smaller, these esc's are now wider than the arms on many new frames - including mine!

- large positive and ground pads for easy soldering...great, but the telemetry pad doesn't look like it was designed to be used at all. Its absolutely tiny, and lifted immediately on one of mine. I recommend extreme caution if you try to solder to this unless you have ultra fine surface mount soldering skills and equipment!

- as usual for seemingly all esc's, it feels like they were not designed to be mounted easily. The big caps at one end stick out about 3mm, so the whole thing wobbles unless you put a bunch of sponge tape or padding underneath the other end. Is all the circuit layout CAD stuff just 2D?

I buy these in part to support the Betaflight team and ecosystem, but I do wish the team would actually try them out in the real world before putting their name to them.

Hopefully some feedback above will find its way into future iterations.
I agree completely with your post. Even the part about supporting the betaflight brand. They rarely (if ever) make any big mistakes.

Why are the threads about these esc’s so quiet ? Is nobody buying them ? Or is everybody having absolutely no trouble with them at all ? I find the latter of those two questions hard to believe.

In nearly three years of soldering parts for quads I have never had a pad lift on me. The first of these esc’s I soldered, yep, the telemetry pad came right off. Is there a workaround to restore the telemetry feature ? Or has that esc lost ALL telemetry capability ? Contemplating sending the other three back for a refund, given how easily the first one gave up. The telemetry was a big reason why I bought these esc’s, and to pair them with a betaflight F4 board. Without the full telemetry from all four esc’s they’re useless to me.

Hopefully all is not lost.

Edit: Never mind. I’ve buzzed out the esc and discovered there’s another tx pad on the bottom of the esc. At the ‘front’ underneath the pwm pad.

It buzzes out so I’m hoping this means it will work as expected.
Last edited by House Of Quad; Dec 21, 2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: More info. Hopefully solved


Quick Reply
Message:
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Betaflight BLHeli_32 ESC - Coming soon D Gains Multirotor Drone Electronics 6 Jul 16, 2017 07:00 AM
Alert OMG !! 50A BLHeli_32 ESC + On board RGB LED rotorsupport Multirotor Drone Power Systems 6 Jun 20, 2017 12:10 AM