Seawind sailboats - RC Groups
Jul 14, 2017, 04:13 PM
Discussion

Seawind sailboats

Anyone know of Kyosho Seawind sailboat HATCH COVER UPGRADE ??
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 04:36 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBau
Anyone know of Kyosho Seawind sailboat HATCH COVER UPGRADE ??
Look on the AMYA web page under Boats - Seawind. In the Seawind Express newsletters are a couple of choices to make. There is an index of Hints & Helps in the first few pages of each issue.
link

http://www.theamya.org/boats/seawind/seawindexpress.php

BP
Jul 14, 2017, 09:03 PM
Go to the Air Capital Model Yacht Club website, in Wichita, and look for sales. Rob Fresh sells a great hatch cover there. I have two.
Jul 14, 2017, 09:32 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
HB, There are MANY ways to upgrade the main hatch n there's some good reading from this thread also,!! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...seawind/page41 and following pages. Everyone has a pref and as long as it keeps the inside DRY ,!!!.....We probably have 4 or 5 different variations in our club alone that I KNOW of,!!! (QCMYC) Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Jul 14, 2017, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_k
Go to the Air Capital Model Yacht Club website, in Wichita, and look for sales. Rob Fresh sells a great hatch cover there. I have two.
https://sites.google.com/site/wichitarcsailing/for-sale

For some reason I thought I had read last year that he had stopped selling this hatch. Just looked at the site and it is still listed in the for sale section so guess I was wrong (wouldn't be the first time).
Jul 14, 2017, 10:14 PM
Ed Dawson
Just purchased one, installation was last night, hope to remaiden tomorrow.
Jul 15, 2017, 09:44 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Ez-Ed, Can you possibly share some of the re maiden (Vid or Pic's) take your choice, and your personal review /results with us, after,?? Thx in advance,! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Jul 16, 2017, 07:28 AM
Ed Dawson
Sure. Need some wind though. I will snap a couple of photos of the hatch cover also.
Jul 16, 2017, 10:18 PM
I can confirm that Rob Fresh IS indeed selling hatch covers. Just contact him using the 'for sale' page:

https://sites.google.com/site/wichitarcsailing/for-sale

Andy
Today, 09:08 PM

Sheet Mechanical Advantage

On the Seawind, the sheet is directly attached to the Sail Control Servo Arm. Is this required? My Victoria has the sheet end attached to the hull and goes through a bead on the servo arm end, to then extend to the boom or jib club. That is a two times mechanical advantage, saving the servo motor from strain. The Seawind has more servo motor strain than a Victoria. I had to replace a Hitec HS-765HB motor that couldn't pull in sails, in high wind. What are your thoughts? Please do not lecture on how to run sheets.
Today, 11:01 PM
Boomer1
Alan
I've not experienced any torque issues in any of my Seawinds. Posted pictures of two of my Seawinds. One was equipped with a S 5301 which produces 292 oz of torque at 6V. The servo I use normally is the Futaba S 3801 that produces 194 oz. of torque at 6V. The servo you are having performance issues with the HS-765HB produces 183.3 oz.of torque at 6V. Doesn't seem like much difference from the Futaba S 3801.

The Futaba S 3801 is the servo that was originally specified by Kyosho many years ago for these boats. If you look closely at the CF edition you may notice I made a slight modification to the factory recommended sheet set up. Worked fine. The orange boat was set up per the factory specifications. Works fine in any wind conditions.

I say if you have a better idea, try it. Like to know if it works!
Boomer