FrSky - New - Horus X10 and X10S - Page 51 - RC Groups
Sep 22, 2017, 02:24 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by landru
Are there centre detents on any or all of them?
Center detents are on all but left face plate round pot. It is smooth. Like in QX7.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2017, 02:31 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
1. Don't know the answer. They just moved the charging logic to an external charger.
2. I would think that no internal charger provides the ability to use whatever battery you want. The existing charging connector connections only uses 2S though, but I guess that could be modified.
3. The antennas are in the ideal \ / arrangement not horizontal and from my RSSI log work quite well. Don't think they plan any changes to how the external antenna works independently.

Mike
1. I think they wanted to save some space inside
2. Any LiON 18650 would do. I've got my unit without LiONs (cause it is hard to carry over the boarder) and placed my Samsung cells inside. Cell in-built protection is a must. The only protection on main board is reverse polarity. And there is no overdischarge protection in charger. So, only 18650 in-built protection does the job.
3. Not sure about that yet. In X12S inner and external antenna can be used simultaneously because there is only one inner antenna, IMO. X10|X10s as already said uses 2 inner antennas in V-shape + external one when needed.
Last edited by Datos; Sep 22, 2017 at 03:14 AM.
Sep 22, 2017, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
Mike, Datos, - Please include in your signatures links to your constantly updated reviews of the X10.
Sep 22, 2017, 04:05 AM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
3. The antennas are in the ideal \ / arrangement not horizontal and from my RSSI log work quite well. Don't think they plan any changes to how the external antenna works independently.
What do you mean with "not horizontal" and "ideal \ / arrangement"? I would assume that both antennas are arranged in a flat plane level (like a horizontal "V") and none of the antennas is installed in a vertical orientation, as you can do with the external one. So if my assumption is not wrong then ofcourse both internal antennas are in a horizontal arrangement (not necessarily parallel to each other). Can you maybe post a photo of that antennas and arrangement in the casing? That would be the easiest way to avoid misunderstandings.
Sep 22, 2017, 04:11 AM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
3. Not sure about that yet. In X12S inner and external antenna can be used simultaneously because there is only one inner antenna, IMO. X10|X10s as already said uses 2 inner antennas in V-shape + external one when needed.
To be clear, operation mode of internal and external antennas is an either/or mode. Thus either the two internal antennas are active or only the external antenna is active with the internal antennas deactivated, but not simultaneously active of all three antennas. Jet_Flyer already confirmed this in his test report.
Sep 22, 2017, 04:48 AM
I never order stuff from sites which "forgets" to tell me what I'm getting.
To name a few - HorusRC, BG, .. These do not list what comes with X10 order, and since I hate exchanging emails back and forth asking what do I get - These stores are not on my list. Is it so hard to list what's included in the box?
Sep 22, 2017, 04:53 AM
V or \ / Antenna orientation is far from ideal. You want to have at any given time your TX and RX antennas as parallel as possible to each other. a 'V' shaped antenna will reduce your RSSI buy as much as 50% in a free from reflections and multipath world.
Sep 22, 2017, 05:41 AM
O_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish
I never order stuff from sites which "forgets" to tell me what I'm getting.
To name a few - HorusRC, BG, .. These do not list what comes with X10 order, and since I hate exchanging emails back and forth asking what do I get - These stores are not on my list. Is it so hard to list what's included in the box?
I don't understand. Do you mean a packing list in the shipping box? My HorusRC order, invoice, and shipping emails have clearly listed my purchased items.
Sep 22, 2017, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaGo
I don't understand. Do you mean a packing list in the shipping box? My HorusRC order, invoice, and shipping emails have clearly listed my purchased items.
Can you tell what you're getting on the product page?
Should I guess a soft case is included?
Sep 22, 2017, 06:51 AM
HorusRC simply turned their "coming now" page into their product description without listing what it is you will get with your order. I asked about the case situation a week ago, soft, aluminium like X12 or ? but as yet their web page has not been amended unfortunately. If you are fortunate enough to live somewhere with a local dealer you should be able to get the full picture from them, otherwise wait until one of the on line stores catches up.

In defence of HorusRC, emails do get answered, and so whenever I have a question about a product I ask them. When I point out an issue with a web page it usually gets fixed.

I've decided this time to wait until the inevitable teething problems with the X10 series have been ironed out before I get one. And I haven't really got my money's worth from my X12 yet.
Sep 22, 2017, 07:08 AM
O_o
Quote:
Can you tell what you're getting on the product page?
Should I guess a soft case is included?
oh i see. "what's all in the box..."
Sep 22, 2017, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
horusrc simply turned their "coming now" page into their product description without listing what it is you will get with your order. I asked about the case situation a week ago, soft, aluminium like x12 or ? But as yet their web page has not been amended unfortunately. If you are fortunate enough to live somewhere with a local dealer you should be able to get the full picture from them, otherwise wait until one of the on line stores catches up.

In defence of horusrc, emails do get answered, and so whenever i have a question about a product i ask them. When i point out an issue with a web page it usually gets fixed.

I've decided this time to wait until the inevitable teething problems with the x10 series have been ironed out before i get one. And i haven't really got my money's worth from my x12 yet.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sago
oh i see. "what's all in the box..."
+1
Sep 22, 2017, 09:20 AM
Quote:
V or \ / Antenna orientation is far from ideal. You want to have at any given time your TX and RX antennas as parallel as possible to each other. a 'V' shaped antenna will reduce your RSSI buy as much as 50% in a free from reflections and multipath world.
I don't agree with you!

If you have your antennas parallel you will have "holes" towards the ends, the hole of the 2 antennas will be aligned so you get no advantage from 2 antennas. Put them in a V (90deg) and you have a far more even propagation pattern. It is the same reason you should put your RX antennas in a V as recommended by manufacturers.
Last edited by Rudix; Sep 22, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
Sep 22, 2017, 09:57 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
I've updated the Firmware section of my review here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=454

Mike
Sep 22, 2017, 09:59 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Mike, Datos, - Please include in your signatures links to your constantly updated reviews of the X10.
Not sure I understand. I have links to them on post 1? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s-X10-and-X10S

Mike