Mar 10, 2018, 08:49 AM
Hi Mike, no everything was fine. The external module i have still works with jr x11. The binding seems to work, i have the voice and the vibration, but nothing can be binded... Do you know if any one faced same situation?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2018, 09:01 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by diomar
Hi Mike, no everything was fine. The external module i have still works with jr x11. The binding seems to work, i have the voice and the vibration, but nothing can be binded... Do you know if any one faced same situation?
You might try installing the external antenna, selecting it and see what SWR you have. That would tell you if the system is actually transmitting.

Mike
Mar 10, 2018, 09:05 AM
I just made a test binded a v8fr with the djt external module using the jr 11x and then moved the module to the horus. The rx showed a connection but there was no moves through the gimbals... I have to assume that the horus is totally f.. up and will go to service! Bad luck is the only thing that comes to mind.
Mar 10, 2018, 09:15 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
I just made a test binded a v8fr with the djt external module using the jr 11x and then moved the module to the horus. The rx showed a connection but there was no moves through the gimbals... I have to assume that the horus is totally f.. up and will go to service! Bad luck is the only thing that comes to mind.
Are the channels moving on the X10S monitor screen?

Mike
Mar 10, 2018, 09:34 AM
Yes, channels seems to work ar atleast they move. I ve just noticed in the monitor that for all moves the tx uses two channels rudder ch4 & ch7, elevator ch2 & ch6, aileron ch1 & ch5! Is it normal?
Mar 10, 2018, 09:38 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Depending on what model type you chose and what functions are activated it can be...
Mar 10, 2018, 09:46 AM
Hi Kilrah, yes i know, i was only wondering if this is the default setup in any model. Propably not. Any way. The tx is not working. It will go back for service or replacement.
Mar 10, 2018, 10:19 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Yes, channels seems to work ar atleast they move. I ve just noticed in the monitor that for all moves the tx uses two channels rudder ch4 & ch7, elevator ch2 & ch6, aileron ch1 & ch5! Is it normal?
Please Post a picture of your RF SYSTEM screen.

Mike
Mar 10, 2018, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Please Post a picture of your RF SYSTEM screen.

Mike
Here it is
Mar 10, 2018, 10:50 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Here it is
You have the external module set for a XJT and turned off. I thought you had a DJT? The internal is set for a X receiver. It that what you are trying to bind?

Is your X10S operating with NEU or EU firmware?

Also not sure how you got S .P Mode on with the internal RF ON. If the system is running 1.2.03 that should not happen.

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Mar 10, 2018 at 11:10 AM.
Mar 10, 2018, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
You have the external module set for a XJT and turned off. I thought you had a DJT? The internal is set for a X receiver. It that what you are trying to bind?

Is your X10S operating with NEU or EU firmware?

Also not sure how you got S .P Mode on with the internal RF ON. If the system is running 1.2.03 that should not happen.

Mike
Mike thanks, no we are going somewhere.
When i purchased the x10 firmware was 1.2.01 and i upgrade to 1.2.02
Also when i plug inthe djt the sp goes off. See the photo attached
Mar 10, 2018, 12:52 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Mike thanks, no we are going somewhere.
When i purchased the x10 firmware was 1.2.01 and i upgrade to 1.2.02
Also when i plug inthe djt the sp goes off. See the photo attached
You have D16 set and a DJT will not work in that mode. See here https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-djt-j...ry-module.html It needs to be set as D8 or PPM. Also if you are using EU firmware it does not support D8 mode. D8 mode is for D receivers other receivers running in D8 mode.

There could be nothing wrong with your X10S other than the wrong RF settings.

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Mar 10, 2018 at 01:10 PM.
Mar 10, 2018, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanGoat
Very nice little tool you got there. Is the idea to have 1 for the x10 and have another to power the fatsharks? I don't think I will trust myself enough to not plug the wrong one into the goggles.
Definitely. This X10S charger operates at 15V. I think that's outside the operational range of the FatSharks. The pot to adjust the voltage is also hard to move on the fly so it's just better all around to make the fatshark reg as a separate module. The STLs included in that link are for both FatShark and X10S modules. The FatShark one is labeled "XT" since I have XT60 connectors for output and input.
Mar 10, 2018, 04:56 PM

Weird power off problem

Hey guys, having some trouble with my X10s. Just now flashed openTX onto it, no problems there, but then a day later I am having a strange problem of the radio turning itself off as soon as I turn it on. The power switch is not stuck or anything. I opened it up to check for any sort of loose connection and everything looks fine. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I have attached a link to a video of the problem. Thanks!

X10s problem (0 min 20 sec)
Mar 10, 2018, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniclip12
Hey guys, having some trouble with my X10s. Just now flashed openTX onto it, no problems there, but then a day later I am having a strange problem of the radio turning itself off as soon as I turn it on. The power switch is not stuck or anything. I opened it up to check for any sort of loose connection and everything looks fine. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I have attached a link to a video of the problem. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/9JX6cI5sGeM
Is it possible that the battery calibration is so far off that it thinks the battery is dead? Is it possible the battery is dead?

If all else fails maybe try re-flashing with a fresh download of the firmware. If that doesn't work maybe replace the SD card contents. All a shot in the dark, but who knows.

Quick Reply