FrSky - New - Horus X10 and X10S - Page 446 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 11, 2018, 06:29 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by csaron
Hi!

A short question regarding the internal module firmware:
how can I replace the iXJT EU firmware to NEU?
If the system is running FrOS just do a FrOS firmware update and use a NEU bin file. The firmware and "how to" is here for the X10S https://www.frsky-rc.com/x10s/

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2018, 07:34 PM
When the X10S logs data, what do the numbers for rudder and elevator mean? I flew my Ava Pro in a contest today for the first time in months. I just bound the X4R rx to my X10S and while my rssi numbers could be better, they were adequate for my flying. However, on my 4th flight, while coming down at 9 minutes into a 10 minute task, I got an uncommanded right turn which I was unable to get out of. I crashed into a walnut orchard, breaking off the left wing tip along with some other damage. (Not as bad as it could have been.) There were no rssi warnings during the spiral, only after I reached the ground. Looking at my log, I see some strange numbers at 10:46:23.210 for elevator and 10:52:27.520 for rudder. Any idea what these numbers mean, if anything? The radio seems to work fine after the crash. The rx battery level was adequate. While I haven't flown this Ava Pro in several months, I have been flying even if its only my Radian. I'm fairly sure I didn't get backwards, tho that is always a possibility. Anyway, I've attached the log file from today's flights. If anyone can see any red flags, I would like to hear about them.
Feb 11, 2018, 07:42 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Check the connector from the gimbal to the motherboard. There have been posts about loose ones causing this sort of problem. It has to be pressed in very firmly.
Feb 11, 2018, 08:44 PM
I popped the back off and checked the connectors. They looked snug and I didn't detect any movement at all when I pushed on them with a screwdriver. I know I was flying with the c.g. well behind the suggested 100-108 mm (I was using 125) but I hadn't had any trouble with control other than a tendency to overcontrol which I attributed to my being rusty with this model. I had set my rates to the lowest rate to smooth out my flying and it was working just fine. I worked a nice thermal and would have got my 10 minutes if I hadn't crashed at about 9 min. I'm still puzzled by what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Check the connector from the gimbal to the motherboard. There have been posts about loose ones causing this sort of problem. It has to be pressed in very firmly.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:04 PM
The numbers recorded in logs for rudder and elevator are basically the stick positions. So either you gave the inputs, or something was wrong with the sticks.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:17 PM
if/when I rebuild the Ava Pro, I'l move the C.G. forward where its supposed to be. In the meantime, I'll keep using my X10S on my Radian which is more disposeable and see if I have a repeat experience. I've not been flying the X10S very long so I really need to get more time on it. Meantime, I need to set up an electric Ava Pro and a pair of Explorers. I'd REALLY like to be able to trust my radio with a more expensive model. Right now I don't know that the problem was in the tx (probably isn't) but I just don't know for sure. Only more time on the tx will tell me that it is OK. I really need to work harder at my flying.

Quote:
The numbers recorded in logs for rudder and elevator are basically the stick positions. So either you gave the inputs, or something was wrong with the sticks.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:21 PM
If you were far away (or up-sun so you only had a silhouette) don't discount the idea that you might have lost orientation.
Generally that results in wrong turn input and a spiral dive, with the pilot holding the rudder in the direction of spiral.
Feb 11, 2018, 11:50 PM
I wasn't all that far away but I was up-sun. The spiral dive, as you said, does have all the earmarks of getting backwards. I haven't gotten backwards with the Radian I've been flying lately but I rarely fly that up-sun due to the layout of the two fields I fly at. Today I was flying with CVRC in Visalia and went where the lift was which was on the south side of the field and thus, up-sun. Something to watch out for in the future.

Quote:
If you were far away (or up-sun so you only had a silhouette) don't discount the idea that you might have lost orientation.
Generally that results in wrong turn input and a spiral dive, with the pilot holding the rudder in the direction of spiral.
Feb 12, 2018, 12:06 AM
What can possibly go wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg
The hole where a lanyard goes is very small. In fact, if you ask me, FrSky blew it on this simple hole.
Have any of you found a Goldilocks solution for a neck strap/lanyard?
Thanks!
I saw these online, Iíll be getting them soon.
Feb 12, 2018, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
I wasn't all that far away but I was up-sun. The spiral dive, as you said, does have all the earmarks of getting backwards. I haven't gotten backwards with the Radian I've been flying lately but I rarely fly that up-sun due to the layout of the two fields I fly at. Today I was flying with CVRC in Visalia and went where the lift was which was on the south side of the field and thus, up-sun. Something to watch out for in the future.
One thing to clarify - if it's not -- is the log for the stick positions are not telemetry. That is the stick positions are what the TX sees from the Hall sensors - not what the receiver sees.
Feb 12, 2018, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Best thing in a spiral is to stop any roll input. Most likely it is spiraling because you are giving the wrong one. (Ask me how I know )
Then a bit of up to stop the dive, then carefully some turn input to figure out which way the model is actually going
Feb 12, 2018, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Yes, for sure. The bigger copters I have these on do use 4mm bullet connectors, which just happen to fit through the hole in the sensor But having said that I would permanently install them anyway so unsoldering/resoldering one wire to pass it through the sensor wouldn't be a big deal for me. Definitely a pain if you want to move your sensors around though.
I would think that @ 100~150A, the certainty that no extra resistance is added is a decent trade-off for not being able to move the sensor to another setup.

Just unsolder the + wire from your ESC at the connector and slide it on....

One could make something similar to the 40A sensor by using 2 connectors and some thick short wire, but that would be adding resistance too. But then comes the question.... Which connectors should I use?

If you need it on some other plane then just buy another.
Last edited by hisroyaldudeness; Feb 12, 2018 at 03:19 AM.
Feb 12, 2018, 06:19 AM

Neck strap fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyed
Well here is the neck strap post Version 2...hmmmmm where have i heard that before

Cheers
As I posted previously this version two neck strap post does the job to a T, on the first hole the X10 balances beautifully
Feb 12, 2018, 07:13 AM

Thanks for your info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. FPV
I saw these online, Iíll be getting them soon.
I also will require one of these so have already !!
Feb 12, 2018, 07:52 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
New X10S/X10 1.2.03 firmware is released https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/x10s/

Release notes:

1. The sw for #1 cannot be changed in AILDIFF page;
2. Fix the bug of time goes slow in SYS/TIME page ;
3. S.Port will be OFF when internal RF module is active;
4. Fix the issue that timer does not stop under Glider mode;
5. Fix the issue that THR. related options can not be actived in TIMER under glider mode;
6. Fix the issue of mode page under molticoptor;
7. Fix the issue of display of the telemetry value does not change in TeleCal;
8. Fix the issue that canít set min value in TeleCal;
9. Donít save value before stick calibration done;
10. Optimize the display of the STK dir interface;
11. Optimize the warning of low battery.

Please see the updated ďhow toĒ that is also on the above link.

You will notice that the low battery popup window no longer has the option to shut the system down. The power switch is used for shutdown.

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Feb 12, 2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply