FrSky - New - Horus X10 and X10S - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 14, 2017, 11:03 AM
Gold color is looking good. Maybe border around screen could be different, but what can you do. If the price is right it maybe a winner.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 11:07 AM
Submarines, etc.
why do they think it needs a color lcd
Jul 14, 2017, 11:29 AM
hope for intern free sockets for stick switches or stick analogpotis
Jul 14, 2017, 11:35 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenecal
why do they think it needs a color lcd
I think the color screen is excellent. If it is as good as the X12S screen, why not. I think that it is great that FrSky has these innovative features that help them with market share.

Mike
Jul 14, 2017, 01:29 PM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
I think the color screen is excellent. If it is as good as the X12S screen, why not. I think that it is great that FrSky has these innovative features that help them with market share.

Mike
Yes it is, but you pay price for it when talking about battery life. My Multiplex royal sx16 operates 35 hours on 2100mAh 6 cells NiMh, here on Horus I get less than 8 hours.
Jul 14, 2017, 03:09 PM
First thoughts: it looks *much* smaller than the Horus - hooray! Screen location may look a bummer but it's a more efficient use of space - so yes please! Screw-in antenna - great!

Viewed as an X9D upgrade, it gains two extra trimmers (in-flight adjustment of travel and expo anyone?!!), plus Horus style programming controls including the rotary encoder. I just hope:
  • that the OpenTx model management screen is copied from the X9D rather than the Horus.
  • that the internals are easily accessible like the Q-X7
  • that the antenna fixing is more secure than the X9DP SE
  • that there is easy access to the battery

Subject to the above, I think this could be a really cool radio especially for sailplane flyers.
Last edited by mikeshellim; Jul 14, 2017 at 03:14 PM.
Jul 14, 2017, 03:09 PM
Because if they gave it a non colour lcd you would have someone question and moan that it's not in colour.

Next radio they bring out they need it to be a custom build to keep everyone happy.
Jul 14, 2017, 03:13 PM
You only get 8 hours? How long do you keep your plane up for?
Jul 14, 2017, 03:30 PM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
What I noticed on Horus x12s and on x10 is, that trims are still separated. On multiplex they are below gimbals and together, so it is easier to trim model in flight and also if you want to reset trims to center, just need to push two opposite trims together.
Also missing 2 simple button momentary switches on sides let say for engine cut or trainer activation or just for tow hook release. Also gimbal stick axes could be hollow for future upgrades.
2 in flight trimers could be solved with 2 rotary encoders like on multiplex.
It just looks like other need to look how Germans do their job on their transmitters.
Jul 14, 2017, 03:33 PM
FJH
FJH
Seems to be a Horus "light" and I expect to be built also internally with Horus parts like e.g. Horus HF board. If this is the case then I would like to see the possibility to connect a second external antenna together with the option to operate both simultaneously, same as Horus does. That would provide the technical feature to serve the second HF signal polarisation plane (vertical to the first), an advantageous operational feature in comparison with other Tx competitors.
Jul 14, 2017, 05:20 PM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Jeti's got some things I like (correct screen location for one), but their DS cases are not terribly ergonomic. And I don't want a CNC'd lump case. Frankly, the Horus X12 case design is IMHO better than the Jeti DS cases (Jeti does have tray's nailed though)

What I'm looking for is the modern take on the JR XP8103, with side sliders, or basically a DX18-style case with the LCD in the right position.

I'm digging the X10 design, but as a X9D+ pilot, I'll probably spend the extra on the X12S when I'm ready to upgrade, if only to get the top LCD.
(Just got in, on my PC, looking at hi-res images)...

Please don't compare that eye sore to a Jeti.
There is honestly no comparison, cloning a Jeti would at least be a starting point.
Jul 14, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane
What I noticed on Horus x12s and on x10 is, that trims are still separated.
I agree. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2742
Jul 14, 2017, 06:38 PM
Trims are, in the main, operated by feel so they should be where the majority of pilots have learned to expect them to be. The normal location was determined long ago by mechanical factors that no longer apply so they could be anywhere - but the reason for changing them needs to be more than just because it can be.

Newcomers to RC will be able to easily adapt to any given location but that small group is likely not the target market for this model, most of which I suggest will be X9D owners.
Jul 14, 2017, 07:35 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
The normal location was determined long ago by mechanical factors that no longer apply so they could be anywhere -
Good to know that there are others that know this stuff from firsthand experience. I was really pleased when I finally could afford a radio system that the trim levers actually moved the gimbal potentiometer and didn't just change the stick home position.

Mike
Jul 15, 2017, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
What I'm looking for is the modern take on the JR XP8103, with side sliders, or basically a DX18-style case with the LCD in the right position.
When I show people my old XP8103 their jaw hits the floor when I tell them it was made in 1994.

Here's an idea that would be superior to CNC aluminum. Folded steel box with molded rubber grips on the sides to make it ergonomic and rubber "bumpers" over the corners. And paint it this color blue:

Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jul 15, 2017 at 03:46 AM.