FrSky - New - Horus X10 and X10S - Page 217 - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 06:54 PM
Now my head hurts
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 07:21 PM
FPV24.com Racing Team
At the moment I have to say I love this radio. I came from X9D and X12S to the X10S. The built quality is ok, but not perfect. The Case doesn't have a crazy finish like the X12S but is solid. The layout of the components is also nice and it's easy to open. The gimbals are a tiny bit smoother than the ones of the X12S.

One downer is the Crossfire compatibility.

The charger issue will be fixed with a balance-lead in the module bay so I can use my isdt charger.
Last edited by cuxx; Nov 09, 2017 at 04:59 AM. Reason: X12S and not X12D :D
Nov 08, 2017, 07:29 PM
cfg
cfg
12d?
Nov 08, 2017, 10:46 PM
AMA 1033652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
I did not include MP3 music files, there is no limit for music other than the size of the SD card. But that FrOS feature is only on the X12S because it has stereo speakers.

Mike
Woops... sorry. My misunderstanding; I thought that was supposd to be an overall file limitation due to overhead.

Of course openTX doesn't care how many or what you play, so FrOS limitations will not be limitations for long.

mnem
DOYT!
Last edited by mnemennth; Nov 09, 2017 at 08:30 AM.
Nov 08, 2017, 11:02 PM
I want just one more plane!
Got a question about the FrOS programming and the one need I have that I haven't found out how to do just yet. I have a Taranis plus so I am familiar with OpenTX. When I program flaps I also want a few degrees of down elevator so I'm using the mix for that slowed down for a smooth transition into flaps down. I can easily enough slow the flap servos down using the SPEED function but can't find how to slow the elevators down for this mix only?
Nov 09, 2017, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timwj1
Got a question about the FrOS programming and the one need I have that I haven't found out how to do just yet. I have a Taranis plus so I am familiar with OpenTX. When I program flaps I also want a few degrees of down elevator so I'm using the mix for that slowed down for a smooth transition into flaps down. I can easily enough slow the flap servos down using the SPEED function but can't find how to slow the elevators down for this mix only?
Isn't there a speed option in the mixer itself? That is why i switched to OpenTX from Spektrum because it was missing there also...
Nov 09, 2017, 07:36 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
We had a discussion about that on one of the X12S threads here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1461 The discussion starts before the above link and there were a couple of ways to do it. Not sure that it serves your exact need. The speed is controlled in the flight mode setting.

Mike
Nov 09, 2017, 02:56 PM
Quote:
don't know about FrOS - but with OpenTX it's most easily done using a "flap on" flight mode. The slow transition to flaps slows both flaps and elevator.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:04 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
don't know about FrOS - but with OpenTX it's most easily done using a "flap on" flight mode. The slow transition to flaps slows both flaps and elevator.
Scott,

Basically the same with FrOS if you use the EX MIXER feature, the screens just look different. EX MIXER lets you create custom mixes to bypass the canned mixes.

Mike
Nov 09, 2017, 06:20 PM
I want just one more plane!

ele mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
Isn't there a speed option in the mixer itself? That is why i switched to OpenTX from Spektrum because it was missing there also...
No, you don't get many options in the mix setup but there sure needs to be. I'm sure the new Open Tx would have that as it was in my Taranis, my computer won't recognize what my 10X is in bootloader, shows as unspecified device, so I can't make an image of FrOS to go back to if need be so I'm afraid to load the nightly builds.

I will read the thread on the 12X, thanks for that and thank you Scott too!
Nov 10, 2017, 08:12 AM
▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀

new video

How to upgrade the FrSky operating system - FrOS (2 min 16 sec)
Nov 10, 2017, 09:03 AM
What is the utility of the thermal sensor inside of the Tx paxk ? charge or discharge function ?
Nov 10, 2017, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
No, OpenTX doesn't use or access it in any way to ensure separation (and because FrSky decided to add the flash after we were done with SD storage and there wasn't much point in spending time changing things).
If the flash is untouched couldn't the Horus x10 radio be set up to dual boot either FrOS or OpenTX? That would fantastic
Have the boot look for OpenTX on SD storage if its not there boot to FrOS
I would be a shame to leave 16gb of flash with no use
Nov 10, 2017, 10:48 PM
I just want to thank the OpenTX crew for all their hard work creating the best open source firmware for our radios.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:46 PM
Uncontrold flight into terrain
Hello all,

Just got mine today, X10-Silver one, I have to say I'm impressed the display is fantastic and it looks great overall, the silver looks better in person and looks reasonably "high end"-not plasticky as some other brands, the semi-rigid case is nice, keeps everything organized.

I'm coming from the Spek. DX9 and after 3 or 4 years with it and one repair I have to ask "where was this radio back then?" Looks every bit of at least $500-$600 of features and functionality for a bargain price.

I do have a couple questions tho, first is I had created some voice files for the DX9 using a TTS reader but when I copied them from my pc to the Horus internal memory they won't play and they do show up in the list in the Special Functions menu, they just make a faint click when the sound should activate. I put some Amber sounds in the same folder and they work fine, The sounds I made are .wav format around 20kB large (around 128 sample rate) and are named with max. 6 character names (to be compatible with Taranis QX7). Windows media player plays them fine. I even compared the properties of my sounds with the Amber sounds and all are identical except the Amber files are a bit larger. What could I be missing?

Lastly, can the model setups in the Horus be copied onto the QX7 since I'd like to load the QX7 as a backup TX.

Thanks.
Last edited by Eflyer 1; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:57 PM.