FrSky - New - Horus X10 and X10S - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 14, 2017, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toton
Yes, you were the only person to suggest these changes and are solely responsible for the design decisions.
there were more hardware defects but I have yet to see the X10 innards and how it performs outdoors

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=690
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 01:01 AM
How about we talk about something more useful, let someone who clearly needs his ego boosted have his day so the rest of us can move on.
Jul 14, 2017, 01:51 AM
A shame they put the display back to the bottom. Sticking to my X12 obviously but this could be a great radio for people upgrading from a taranis. Nobody used the GPS or 6 axis sensors of the X12 anyways. Seems to have all the bells and whistles otherwise.

FrSky is on a run!
Jul 14, 2017, 02:18 AM
Suspenders Account
Ego or not FrSky seem to listen.
If you email them although they don't reply, they do seem to consider customers suggestions seriously.

You do have to wonder how many attempts it's going to take to rip off a Jeti DS14 DS16 and get it right.
Jul 14, 2017, 03:41 AM
GVT
GVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse
A shame they put the display back to the bottom.

That was also my first thought.
The top screen was one of the reasons to buy the x12 and use the old x9d as a backup
Jul 14, 2017, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse
A shame they put the display back to the bottom.
they want it to be more compact and lighter so the screen must be on the bottom. if it was a touch screen no one would ever complain
Jul 14, 2017, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal
they want it to be more compact and lighter so the screen must be on the bottom. if it was a touch screen no one would ever complain
My one real complaint about the X12. Having to use a dial really feels like it would be a much older device.
Jul 14, 2017, 05:53 AM
I like that the sliders are moving back to the sides, but having got used to the top mounted Horus display I prefer it that way round. The external aerial was my one big gripe with my Taranis having had to replace it - one go at soldering that in was more than enough! To me this new tx has more Taranis dna than Horus. Pity they didn't keep the Horus X12 format but move the sliders and add the battery access while dumping the limited-use joystick and gyro.
Jul 14, 2017, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal
it looks like a mix of the 3 transmitters. X12 display, X9 SE gimbals and X7 look...let me speculate. $349
hot hot.
Jul 14, 2017, 08:11 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart
Ego or not FrSky seem to listen.
If you email them although they don't reply, they do seem to consider customers suggestions seriously.

You do have to wonder how many attempts it's going to take to rip off a Jeti DS14 DS16 and get it right.
They have yet to rip off Jeti. Both are working off the same Multiplex and JR design ideas (which is where the entire display on the top thing originated, no Jeti never thought that up, Multiplex and JR were both doing it in the early 90's).

FrSky at least has come up with its own case design, with the Taranis X7 and now the Horus X10. there's nothing Jeti-derived on these designs.
Jul 14, 2017, 08:21 AM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
They have yet to rip off Jeti. Both are working off the same Multiplex and JR design ideas (which is where the entire display on the top thing originated, no Jeti never thought that up, Multiplex and JR were both doing it in the early 90's).

FrSky at least has come up with its own case design, with the Taranis X7 and now the Horus X10. there's nothing Jeti-derived on these designs.
I was suggesting that they should rip off Jeti.
What with Jeti being as close to perfect as I can imagine (for a solid cnc'd lump of a case at any rate).
Jul 14, 2017, 08:32 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
This is how Multiplex looks...
Jul 14, 2017, 09:29 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart
I was suggesting that they should rip off Jeti.
What with Jeti being as close to perfect as I can imagine (for a solid cnc'd lump of a case at any rate).
Jeti's got some things I like (correct screen location for one), but their DS cases are not terribly ergonomic. And I don't want a CNC'd lump case. Frankly, the Horus X12 case design is IMHO better than the Jeti DS cases (Jeti does have tray's nailed though)

What I'm looking for is the modern take on the JR XP8103, with side sliders, or basically a DX18-style case with the LCD in the right position.

I'm digging the X10 design, but as a X9D+ pilot, I'll probably spend the extra on the X12S when I'm ready to upgrade, if only to get the top LCD.
Jul 14, 2017, 09:35 AM
Fly No Evil
My X12 is still in its case. I'm afraid to use it.
Jul 14, 2017, 09:39 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane
This is how Multiplex looks...
That is a nice design. A pity they're not legal here (Hitec really needs to start bringing Multiplex over here)