Jul 25, 2017, 11:47 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
.... to do this easily, you would have to have a hatch in the back of the tx to access the battery.
Agreed. I do remember seeing what looks like the optional X7 charge port sold by Aloft for NIMH. But looking closer not sure what that is in the lower left corner.

SPort and SD card on bottom? Cutout on center of back?

Quote:
This feature is conspicuous by its absence in the one good picture I've seen of the back of the X-10.
Don't remember looking at back - link? I can't tell from black case pic on 1st page of this thread.
Last edited by GottaZoom; Jul 25, 2017 at 11:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2017, 12:36 AM
1. looking at X10 pictures from the back and if the battery is behind the screen, it looks as though with NIMH it won't balance on the neck strap's mounting point.

2. if Frsky won't release it with battery compartment hatch I'm pretty sure some (Myself included..) would cut an opening on the back side and STL a covering hatch (more weight..) in no time :-)
Jul 26, 2017, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
I’m not sure on the battery yet. FrSky said Lipo on their Facebook page, but I saw Lithium-ion on another site.
flat Lithium Ion is dangerous too. https://i.blogs.es/f1cd15/samsung_no.../1366_2000.jpg
Jul 26, 2017, 04:08 PM
If you designed a frame with removable hatch, I am sure there would be a small market for it. Assuming, of course, that FrSky doesn't equip the X-10 with easy battery access. As much discussion as there has been on this subject, you would think that battery access would be a no-brainer decision for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish
if Frsky won't release it with battery compartment hatch I'm pretty sure some (Myself included..) would cut an opening on the back side and STL a covering hatch (more weight..) in no time :-)
Jul 26, 2017, 04:28 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
If you designed a frame with removable hatch, I am sure there would be a small market for it. Assuming, of course, that FrSky doesn't equip the X-10 with easy battery access. As much discussion as there has been on this subject, you would think that battery access would be a no-brainer decision for them.
As asked above, maybe the small center hatch on the back as seen in first post is for a battery pack?
Jul 26, 2017, 06:09 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
As asked above, maybe the small center hatch on the back as seen in first post is for a battery pack?
That small thing? More like one of those rubber covers for the audio/DSC/USB ports.
Jul 26, 2017, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Assuming, of course, that FrSky doesn't equip the X-10 with easy battery access.
maybe the LiPo battery is soldered onto the motherboard...
Jul 26, 2017, 07:08 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
That small thing? More like one of those rubber covers for the audio/DSC/USB ports.
First pic shows a rubber cover on the bottom. Looks smaller than X7, Maybe USB & SD if the SPort or charge jack is on the corner. On the X7 audio and DSC jacks are on top without covers, but they could be located on back with whichever item is left out. Or not, since the corner has no cover shown.

Hatch is roughly the size of a 14500 length-wise ... so also small for an 18650 pack to fit on its side. A pair would never fit if inserted by its end, unless it is much deeper than an X7.

Assuming their is a charge port, that leaves no visible battery hatch (unless I'm missing it on lower part of the back).
Jul 27, 2017, 02:54 AM
Not sure what the battery is. Six screws are not a problem; the back is just a cover not a clam shell like the 9x ; provided they have inserts not just in plastic some people even added insert for the 9x.

Frsky updated their Facebook page, with a new pic for the Cover, it has some interesting text (with some errors in spelling and grammar) I attached it here for the non facebook users.

The more I see the more I like. I hope it has NiMh batteries or better a choose, but if does not it is not a deal breaker.

I think it will be my next radio. The brown one, if I get the red out comes the air brush.
Last edited by gzkpez; Jul 27, 2017 at 03:03 AM.
Jul 27, 2017, 05:51 AM
2 internal antenna's.... i need that in my X12 also
Jul 27, 2017, 05:59 AM
Ask FRSKY nicely.
Jul 27, 2017, 06:03 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
2 internal antenna's.... i need that in my X12 also
It would be nice...maybe an upgraded RF section in the future? I've not really had problems with my Horus, but more is better...I think!
Jul 27, 2017, 06:06 AM
isn't that required for the wireless trainer part?..
Jul 27, 2017, 06:38 AM
FJH
FJH
Yes, one probably is for bluetooth connection.
Jul 27, 2017, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish
1. looking at X10 pictures from the back and if the battery is behind the screen, it looks as though with NIMH it won't balance on the neck strap's mounting point.
it doesn't even have 4 screws on the back for the neck strap support arms.
why do all manufacturers think that handheld radios are only for ''thumb flyers'' ? why do we have to buy a tray and add more weight ?

Quick Reply